Do U Chat?

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

http://headlines.sify.com/2421news2.html?h...fidelity:~Study

Internet chat increases infidelity: Study

Washington: Internet chat rooms are fast emerging as courting grounds for people looking for romantic or sexual thrills.

What boggles the mind is that most of these "chatters" are married, according to a new University of Florida (UF) study.

"Never before has the dating world been so handy for married men and women looking for a fling," said Beatriz Avila Mileham, who conducted the research for her doctoral dissertation in counselor education at UF.

"With cyber sex, there is no longer any need for secret trips to obscure motels. An online liaison may even take place in the same room with one's spouse," she claims.

Counseling organisations report that chat rooms are the fastest rising cause of relationship breakdowns and the problem is likely to get worse as today's population of Internet users, estimated at 649 million worldwide, continues to grow, Mileham said.

"The Internet will soon become the most common form of infidelity, if it isn't already," she said.

Unlike some fatal attractions, a simple click of a mouse button ends contact - should the person want to break it off - without any explanations or apologies, she said.

In 2002, Mileham conducted in-depth online interviews with 76 men and 10 women, ages 25 to 66, who used Yahoo's "Married and Flirting" or Microsoft's "Married But Flirting," Int

ernet chat rooms that are geared specifically for married people.

Eighty-three percent of the study's participants said they did not consider themselves to be cheating. The remaining 17 percent deemed it a "weak" form of infidelity that was easily justifiable, she said.

Other research, however, showed that most spouses feel as betrayed, angry and hurt by online infidelity as they would if skin-to-skin adultery were taking place, she said.

The UF study found that what started out as innocent, friendly exchanges progressed quickly to strong desires for sexual relationships.

Twenty-six of the 86 participants went on to meet the person whom they had been engaged in an online relationship with, and of these, all but two ended up having a real-life affair. One 66-year-old man ended up having 13 affairs this way, she said. ANI

:D @ :H: For someone like me who is on the computer for more than 12 hours a day, there is no escaping chat. When i log on to the internet msn auto starts and logs on :D

The only reason i use msn is so i don't get the urge to go on yahoo. I used to live on yahoo. Msn is quiter and i get my work done :D

just look at the time. its amlost msn time :D

Guest balwinderkaur

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Well all this chatting stuff is a double-edged sword....if you chat with PROPER people(then again how would u know he/she is proper unless you know em personally??:D) :T: and restrict your conversations to safe topics ..then chatting isnt THAT BAD. Cuz I believe if you restrict your dealings to positive stuff then the other party cant force you to talk about stuff you may not wanna talk about. Either way, Im not really in favour of chatting...but i think MSN is not too bad..you can juz block any blokes who bother you and forget about them. :D Juz my two cents worth!!

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!!

Yes as long as you control yourself.. it's all good.. I do control my mind on these chatting stuff all tha time.. :D ) haha.. i mostly only chat with singhs, cauz singhnia find me uncool for some weird reason.. :D

Maybe they are afraid of me --> :nihungsmile:

Guest balwinderkaur

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

oh vickey veerjee u had me laughing my head off on the im uncool sentence. dont have such low self-esteem tongue.gif