Parchaar In Panjab - How To Make An Impact?

SarabhaPanjab

It seems like there issnt a day that goes by without depressing news or new horrible statistic coming our of our Holy Land.

Please see today's dose in the 2 videos below. 1. Sikhs matha tekin to muslims now. 2. usual rubbish we now expect

It seems like just about every major Party has sold us out.

I think its fair to generalise and say our are people are now officially a lost breed in Panjab. ( as Much as it breaks my heart to say)

For every one young amritdhari there's probably 2000 drunk, high youths, matha teking anywhere and everywhere, abiding to no moral code.

So whats the plan singhs?? How do we get parchar going in Panjab?

I was very impressed will BaruSahib Babaji's philosophy of starting all over again with schools in every pind.. what other strategies can we implement?

What other strategies are showing success in Panjab?

Get singhs from Panthic jathebandiya to start permanant parchar in a certain Pind. Singhs from Dam Dami Taksal come out to the western world to do Seva as Granthis/Kathavachaks/Kirtanye and then they also teach Santhiya and Kirtan while out here. Ofcourse these Singhs also have to provide for their families so they come to the western world to be able to earn a few dollars.

I think its perfectly plausible to talk with Dam Dami Taksal, or Jawaddi Taksal or any other Panthic Samparda that has Gian wale Singhs and ask for 1 Singh who would do Parchar in your village while you would provide him with a salary so he is able to give back to his family. This would eliminate the Singh's need to go overseas in order to earn a sufficient amount of money for his worldly needs.

Most of the larger Gurdwaras in villages have a Granthi Singh, so this Singh that you bring forth would be there to do Katha (which would teach people about the Guru's sidant and how to live their lives the Guru's way), teach Santhiya daily to all those interested, irespective of age, and teach a basic children's class where children of the village could be taught Gurmukhi, Sikhi's basic philosophies, and the negatives to the use of drugs and alchohol. Ofcourse all these classes would be free of charge.

The Singhs could be brought in on 6 month tours or even permanantly if that is acceptable by them. To get people to actually take come to the Gurdwara for all these things posters could be put all around the village and surrounding area, and announcements could be made from the Gurdwara.

This idea of mine is probably not perfect but its the best thing I can come up with at the moment. There are many issues to think of such as, where would this Singh stay? How will the funds be provided for his salary? (could be too much for a single person) Could you actually get a Singh from a Taksal or Jathebandi to do Parchar?

But yeah, that's my idea

loool they are using gurdas mann tune from challa, well we know all these pirs that came into india were all practing stuff from rumi who learnt from shams which used indian theology like buddhism, zorostrainism and hinduism, they were trying to convert people in funny ways. Lets organise more sikhi things in pakistan, we can do more kirtans invite more muslim singers who have good raag. Only a matter of time he pulls out a quran and gets people to abadon guru granth sahib. Sikhi teaches respect for sufism but people like that do not have fully satkar joy for sikhi themselves to bow to a bemukh will make you a bemukh. We can respect them so we can bring them into sikhi ourselves. Guy looks like another baba we have, most don't really care about stuff. The thing is people have lost hopes in life and seek shortcuts in spirtuality. Guru Nanak gave the entire definiton of spirtuality in his bani, this guy could probably learn a few things himself. It is a failure of some parcharaks, raagis and gianis to connect to masses, guru nanak brought people away from babas, doubts and superstitions he brought the entire realm of freethinking. If people want to test this guy debate him, sit and have discussions why just bow to him or anything else, go learn from them. The 2nd video is a typical punjabi wedding it happens every where in the world even gursikh weddings have that happening these days and if you talk to people about them, they will try give you a beating. The only thing you can do is try make such an auspicious occasion more spiritually oriented and try play nicer songs as for the drunk uncle if you can't get rid of them, just give them another room and don't film them. Tell them they are vip they will not ruin it as a family event.

Challa still better

Get singhs from Panthic jathebandiya to start permanant parchar in a certain Pind. Singhs from Dam Dami Taksal come out to the western world to do Seva as Granthis/Kathavachaks/Kirtanye and then they also teach Santhiya and Kirtan while out here. Ofcourse these Singhs also have to provide for their families so they come to the western world to be able to earn a few dollars.

I think its perfectly plausible to talk with Dam Dami Taksal, or Jawaddi Taksal or any other Panthic Samparda that has Gian wale Singhs and ask for 1 Singh who would do Parchar in your village while you would provide him with a salary so he is able to give back to his family. This would eliminate the Singh's need to go overseas in order to earn a sufficient amount of money for his worldly needs.

Most of the larger Gurdwaras in villages have a Granthi Singh, so this Singh that you bring forth would be there to do Katha (which would teach people about the Guru's sidant and how to live their lives the Guru's way), teach Santhiya daily to all those interested, irespective of age, and teach a basic children's class where children of the village could be taught Gurmukhi, Sikhi's basic philosophies, and the negatives to the use of drugs and alchohol. Ofcourse all these classes would be free of charge.

The Singhs could be brought in on 6 month tours or even permanantly if that is acceptable by them. To get people to actually take come to the Gurdwara for all these things posters could be put all around the village and surrounding area, and announcements could be made from the Gurdwara.

This idea of mine is probably not perfect but its the best thing I can come up with at the moment. There are many issues to think of such as, where would this Singh stay? How will the funds be provided for his salary? (could be too much for a single person) Could you actually get a Singh from a Taksal or Jathebandi to do Parchar?

But yeah, that's my idea

Good points.

I spoke to someone who said that in their pind the Gianis were given targets to make Amritdharis and a bonus payment was given on that basis. At first thought this sounded absurd to me.

But when you think about it, its exactly what other missionary religions do.

this will keep Gianis motivated, and yes there could potentially be a large drop-off rate, people breaking their amrit, but atleast they were in full reht at one point in their life? no?

So thinking out loud. A Uk Gurdwara sponser a Giani in X-pind in panjab. He gets say £100 for every person hes able to make Amritdhari...??

A family a month and hes making a very decent wage?

plausible?

thinking out-loud... forgive me if I have said anything wrong...

Good points.

I spoke to someone who said that in their pind the Gianis were given targets to make Amritdharis and a bonus payment was given on that basis. At first thought this sounded absurd to me.

this will keep Gianis motivated, and yes there could potentially be a large drop-off rate, people breaking their amrit, but atleast they were in full reht at one point in their life? no?

So thinking out loud. A Uk Gurdwara sponser a Giani in X-pind in panjab. He gets say £100 for every person hes able to make Amritdhari...??

plausible?

very good idea...seeing that alot off our people are driven by money..why no use that to our effect..

to be effective parchaar in panjabi villages has got to be backed up by western cash. If you look at your village how many families live in the west? count them up and if you got £5 a month off them that would add up to a tidy sum each month to get katha vaachiks, kirtan classes, santhiya classes, and gatka classes going.

The main problem is hat it takes an initial effort to get things moving, but sikhs in the west seem a bit reluctant to do this.

In my village, we have got a good thing going in a little over a year. Now the youngsters are actually taking over events in the gurdwara, whereas before they never used to even visit.

Next time any of you go to your village, find some Sikh youths who feel the same about doing parchaar as you do, and express your ideas, and canvas support from families from your village living in the west for cash, and get things going.

And also using Skype means you dont even have to visit your village either.

Good points.

plausible?

12 months ago and I'd have lambasted the above post. But after realising how quickly and how severely Sikhi is going down the pan in Panjab, I'd say anything goes and the above tactics are fair game. Probably a sign of desperation but what else to do?