A Few Questions For Sikhs

wat do u mean "so" many sikhs are converting? you mean like on the scale of africa where 6million ppl leave islam every year? I can guarentee you ppl leave sikhi because they havn't bothered reading about the sikh religion in the first place, n when these uneducated sikhs FINALLY decide they want some sort of religious path they get impressed by the bombardment of christian/muslim missionaries.

LOOOL you say

so sikh charities like khalsa aid have gone ALL over the world helping ppl, without any strings attatched, no conversion for food/water in return, just seva (selfless service)! Whereas christian/muslim charities ONLY help their own. During ramadan all the muslim channels collect charity money, n im not lieing but on one channel it said on the bottom of the banner, money to be sent to pakistan/bangladesh/afghanistan, and then it said "INDIA (muslims ONLY)". i thought that just says it all! also during pakistan floods, chrisitan missionaries were helping muslim victims in panjab/sindh, BUT only if they became christians in return.

So countries like UK n western europe where churches are being closed down coz THERES NO CONGREGATION, jesus christ being mocked by his own ppl, the fact that more ppl watch ford super sunday on sky sports than go to church on sunday in england, and u have the nerve to cuss sikhi? other religions have spread their numbers because of conquest, so there numbers are HUGE, n if ppl leave the religion, it doesnt impact their numbers. Whereas if maharaja ranjit had forcefully converted everybody from delhi-kangra-kashmir-lahore-multan-peshawar then sikh population n power would be oh so different.

LOL well the sikhs, apart from the 2 anglo sikh wars (thru backstabbing) have NEVER lost a war to anyone. by the way which were all wars where sikhs were OUTNUMBERED, yet were succesful. that is QUALITY over quantity. coz if it wasnt, then we would of lost all battles n would be praying towards mecca everyday. your comments are incredibly dumb and naive. japji sahib/jaap sahib prayers have more power in them then all other prayer in the world put together. WHY is this? because they were written by prophets who were alive at the time to recite them and put it pen to paper, thats authenticity. unlike other religious texts of other religions which were written 60 or 100 yrs AFTER the prophet has died, which means anything can be made up on the spot by power hungry disciples.

sikhi and sikhs are going through a very tough time at the moment, y is it our religion is attacked first by extremist non-believers (whether thats in india or uk)? because they kno when sikhs r on song and united then NO ONE and i mean NO ONE can defeat khalsa. now get lost u prat!!

wat do u mean "so" many sikhs are converting? you mean like on the scale of africa where 6million ppl leave islam every year? I can guarentee you ppl leave sikhi because they havn't bothered reading about the sikh religion in the first place, n when these uneducated sikhs FINALLY decide they want some sort of religious path they get impressed by the bombardment of christian/muslim missionaries.

LOOOL you say

Is that why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world? 6 million people that do leave, another 12 million may join. Do not confuse me friend I’m not a Muslim, I am just stating the fact. You have mentioned only the uneducated are leaving the Sikh faith, well as human nature we will always follow the majority and what we are impressed by.

so sikh charities like khalsa aid have gone ALL over the world helping ppl, without any strings attatched, no conversion for food/water in return, just seva (selfless service)! Whereas christian/muslim charities ONLY help their own. During ramadan all the muslim channels collect charity money, n im not lieing but on one channel it said on the bottom of the banner, money to be sent to pakistan/bangladesh/afghanistan, and then it said "INDIA (muslims ONLY)". i thought that just says it all! also during pakistan floods, chrisitan missionaries were helping muslim victims in panjab/sindh, BUT only if they became christians in return.

Khalsa aid is a charity, which fly the Sikh banner but can it compete on the levels of Christian aid and Oxfam that are predominantly Christian funded charities and these charities function as no strings attached help.

As you have mentioned they not do this and have other motives then you need to provide evidence of such, people from Sikh faiths are adopting other faiths because the help they receive.

So countries like UK n western europe where churches are being closed down coz THERES NO CONGREGATION, jesus christ being mocked by his own ppl, the fact that more ppl watch ford super sunday on sky sports than go to church on sunday in england, and u have the nerve to cuss sikhi? other religions have spread their numbers because of conquest, so there numbers are HUGE, n if ppl leave the religion, it doesnt impact their numbers. Whereas if maharaja ranjit had forcefully converted everybody from delhi-kangra-kashmir-lahore-multan-peshawar then sikh population n power would be oh so different.

Countries like the UK are developing into states that do not rely on church and congregation, many people are moving away from organised religion and are becoming Atheist. If you are an Atheist and you do not believe in God, there is no place for churches or Jesus. So the Christians are accessing the easiest resource, the venerable, poor people of the third world. It’s no fault of the majority organised religion like Islam and Christianity, they know how to play the game. If Sikh faith is not intelligent enough to keep its present followers, who is at fault?

Maharaja Ranjit Singh had no interest to convert numbers to the Sikh faith, if you would like to discuss why this was the case? then PM me and I can discuss it.

LOL well the sikhs, apart from the 2 anglo sikh wars (thru backstabbing) have NEVER lost a war to anyone. by the way which were all wars where sikhs were OUTNUMBERED, yet were succesful. that is QUALITY over quantity. coz if it wasnt, then we would of lost all battles n would be praying towards mecca everyday. your comments are incredibly dumb and naive. japji sahib/jaap sahib prayers have more power in them then all other prayer in the world put together. WHY is this? because they were written by prophets who were alive at the time to recite them and put it pen to paper, thats authenticity. unlike other religious texts of other religions which were written 60 or 100 yrs AFTER the prophet has died, which means anything can be made up on the spot by power hungry disciples.

sikhi and sikhs are going through a very tough time at the moment, y is it our religion is attacked first by extremist non-believers (whether thats in india or uk)? because they kno when sikhs r on song and united then NO ONE and i mean NO ONE can defeat khalsa.

Sikhs have never lost a war? Sikh never fought a war on a large scale as they did with Anglo Sikh wars, much of the warfare fought in the period of the Moguls was guerilla warfare and even then many Sikhs were massacred. Many Sikhs in the past fought battles that were fought with strategy with declining number in mind also support from non-Sikh armies, which was seen as an opportunity to over throw the Moghul Raaj in Northern India.

now get lost u prat!!

Come on, we are all adults here no need of such insults, aren’t we Sikhs who live in the concept of humility.

Past few posts are off topic. But coming back to the topic, Sikhs are not against any religion. But these these evengelical Christians are not good at all. They try to convert others to their faith. They do this by using dirty tactics, putting other religions down or by insulting them. They even target other Christians who are not evengelical. I don't mind others doing parchar of their religion but it is extremely immoral to do parchar of your religion the way these evengelical Christians do.

Sikh parchar should be done not by puting down any other religion. Sikh parchar needs to be done by showing the greatness of the Sikh faith and the Gurus. In India these Chrsitians have done a lot of parchar and have converted many Sikhs. Just go to Amritsar and Gurdaspur and you will see for yourself how many villages are full of Christians and have churches. The priests are usually from South India/kerala. Sikhs need to bring our lost brothers back to the faith of the Gurus.

Sikhs have never lost a war? Sikh never fought a war on a large scale as they did with Anglo Sikh wars, much of the warfare fought in the period of the Moguls was guerilla warfare and even then many Sikhs were massacred. Many Sikhs in the past fought battles that were fought with strategy with declining number in mind also support from non-Sikh armies, which was seen as an opportunity to over throw the Moghul Raaj in Northern India.

Can you stop undermining the glorious history of the Sikhs. Sikhs were the only people who dared to challenge the atrocities of the Muslim rulers and gave them a bloody nose.The

sacrifices and unflinching courage in the face of extreme adversity is unparalleled in the history of mankind. You are totally ignorant and know nothing of our history.

Is that why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world? 6 million people that do leave, another 12 million may join. Do not confuse me friend I’m not a Muslim, I am just stating the fact. You have mentioned only the uneducated are leaving the Sikh faith, well as human nature we will always follow the majority and what we are impressed by.

Another proof of your confused and inferior mind set when you say, well as human nature we will always follow the majority and what we are impressed by.

You may be impressed by the majority because you are a weakling and have no pride in our own faith.

Learn to be proud of your religion.

Guest KopSingh

Your this information is wrong though . . . This is a HOAX that desperate Christians made up after the interview of some guy on Al Jazeera. Christianity is getting converts in Africa who are mainly the poor,uneducated,primitive and backword pagans of central Africa (The WORST part of this planet when it comes to HDI , income , education , peace and women rights etc ) ...In North Africa (Muslim dominant) ....there is hardly any conversion , if any at all.

Read credible sources such as PEW forums to get accurate information on the issue.

Also , isn't Islam suppose to the be fastest growing *major* religion in the world :/ ? So 'conversions' FROM Islam can't be taken into account own its own..we have to see conversions from Islam and conversions TO Islam to see the actual picture ... The "net" result comes as Islam = growing.

PS there are way,way less Muslims out there trying to convert Sikhs ...Way,way,way MORE Sikhs have became Christians than Muslims... Focus needs to be corrected :cool2:

fair enough, my point wasnt to put your religion down either my friend, im jus tryna prove a point that bandhar

Guest KopSingh

LOOOOL u have written so much drivvel here i SERIOUSLY dont kno where to start, bandhar wussys like u are an embarrasment, coz u have stated u are a sikh, n yet u almost seem embarrased to be one. U ARE A BESHARAM who doesnt belong here. BTW u mentioned about humility, wat wud u kno about humility when u have been slandering ur own religion on these forums.

LOL!!! So u always follow the crowd coz u r a WUSSY? u DEFINITLEY AINT A SINGH!! thats the whole point of a sikh identity, so sikhs stick out, even tho im a mona sikh, but im the son of guru gobind singh, and am ready to die for him ANY TIME! Fact is when you read up on sikh religion and the sacrifices, who would leave a religion with such power as ours.

Khalsa aid is a charity, which fly the Sikh banner but can it compete on the levels of Christian aid and Oxfam that are predominantly Christian funded charities and these charities function as no strings attached help.

As you have mentioned they not do this and have other motives then you need to provide evidence of such, people from Sikh faiths are adopting other faiths because the help they receive.

OH MA DAYS :laugh2: :laugh2: LOL i didnt kno this was a competition of who can give the most charity help? this IS THE difference between sikhs and christians, christians charities wil always want something back in return. You wanna talk about charity? well look NO further than a sikh gurdwara which has LANGAR (food)/FREE accomodation if your homeless, Showers. This is something which has been going on for 500+ yrs, and is integral part of sikh religion. Tell me is it part of christian religion to give this much aid to human beings?

Look at the story of Bhai khanaiya who was the first initiator of the red cross idea. Altho being a sikh, He helped muslims soldiers with wounds and water. tell how many christian soldiers helped there enemy soldiers out when they were out crusading/forcefully converting there way thru europe/south america/North america/middle east?

So who cares if christian charities are bigger in numbers than sikh charities? is this a competition u mug? sikh gurdwaras are currently feeding 6 million poor indians everyday with FREE langar? tell me how many churches can compete with that since u fink its a competition?

religion like Islam and Christianity, they know how to play the game. If Sikh faith is not intelligent enough to keep its present followers, who is at fault?

Maharaja Ranjit Singh had no interest to convert numbers to the Sikh faith, if you would like to discuss why this was the case? then PM me and I can discuss it.

say this crap to my face n u wud need plastic surgery 2 repair ur identity, HOW DARE u try and insinuate that sikhi is some kind of 3rd rate religion! LOL the reason maharaja ranjit singh never forcefully converted ppl is because in sikh religion we DONT force our religion on others. during his glorious reign no muslim/hindu was forced 2 convert, there were NO death penalties or religion tax! this was THE MOST peaceful period in panjabs history, FACT!! u bandhar if u bothered 2 read up on "your" religion then u wud of known why he didnt force ppl, u look like a total prat right now.!

in conclusion you are a weak "sikh" who probably wil end up with a video on youtube with ur christian master, with u tellin everybody how u left sikhi coz "it wasnt really for me". its plain obvious u havnt read the glorious stories and u just wana be with the "in" crowd. im kind of glad u r sayin this bakwaas, coz if we needed back up in the future wars that will take place on with panth, we can rid ourselves of weak sikhs like u, who havnt got the jigra to fight. Im a mona who probably will never take amrit and keep my hair, but im a lion on the inside.

sorry if ive upset ppl on this forum wit hsome of my outbursts, but his is the exact reason why 4sum reason sikhs r taken 4 a joke ting, wake up sikhs!! anyone especialy non-believers and gadaars (backstabbing sikhs) do nindya or cuss r religion we need 2 be on the attack verbally! none of this mushy mahatma gandhi "humilty" stuff! Well humility yes, but only to a point!

i hope mods DO NOT take this off, i just think some ppl need a educational slap at times.

Guest KopSingh

If Sikh faith is not intelligent enough to keep its present followers, who is at fault?

Mind your idiotic language and do not dare to write derogatory remarks about our faith.

You are a <banned word filter activated> who has no intelligence whatsoever.

Re

Another proof of your confused and inferior mind set when you say, well as human nature we will always follow the majority and what we are impressed by.

You may be impressed by the majority because you are a weakling and have no pride in our own faith.

Learn to be proud of your religion.

Respect Bro

fair enough, my point wasnt to put your religion down either my friend, im jus tryna prove a point that bandhar

No problem bro. I just cleared that up because these retarded desperate Christians (not refering to the good Christians bros here) have spread so much mis-information on the net regarding Islam and other religions too. I get sooooo mad when I see Europeans having pre-marial sex , drugs , rock n roll , gay , incest , drinking , and all other immoral things (you know what I am talking about) . Well its their life and they can do ANYTHING....I have absolutely no problem with that...but they (Westerners) go to OTHER cultures and try to convert them to Christianity whereas they THEMSELEVS don't even give a Sh!t about their bible or Christianity or Jesus etc !!!! THAT is hypocrisy at its best! How dare they insult other religions and preach theirs when they themselves don't even care about their religion? Do they think we are slaves? Sadly , many poor ,uneducated people fall victim to them..