Something Does Not Feel Right Please Help

Guest YoungSingh

Guest YoungSingh

I am 16 year old Sikh boy, Everyone in my family is amritdharee except me and my brother who is 5. But sometimes i question religion, it just doesn't feel right. I try to believe in god i go to gurdwara do seva and try to listen to raags and such. But something doesn't feel right there is so much pain, hunger, poverty Etc in this world. Yes it maybe past karma but weren't we supposed to be equal in this world there so much fight in this world for equality yet there is none. Also how come Logic doesn't exist in this, how come when i pray for something it almost never happens. How come we can't answers questions like: Why did god make this test of life where there is so much destruction, pain ETC, Why couldn't it be all peace to begin with? Like it just does not make sense i have tried to talk to my parents about it, it did not help at all i almost got kicked out of the house. So please enlighten me someone

When you get the answers to your questions, could you tell me as well. :biggrin2:

In the past few days I've seen and heard so many things that have shaken me to the core. It seems devotion, prem, bhaavna is only for those who have nothing. Those with full coffers have a shortcut to the front of the queue it seems. Chalo, Waheguru is watching I hope. There will always be Truth in His house I guess.

Guest DustOfTheSaintsFeet

We have always had peace and are equal, we've just chosen not to believe this fact. We have the gyan given in Gurbani that God has no image, he has no form, we are Him, so we are also formless.

The reality is: We are Nothingness just like God, there is no high or low, no rich or poor, no muslim or athiest, no pain or pleasure- just Nothingness.

Only the humble ones lower their heads enough to accept this^^ fact. Forget about logic, logic is ego i.e the mind. God is beyond logic/Mind. All you see is not real.

When you close your eyes, that's Truth- He has no image. The colours are emotions- they fade once we go deeper within- into attunement to Naam/Truth(which God discovered himself to be over many ages and lives in 24/7). The path of bhagti(loving devotion) does not stop- as Truth and God is infinite. So we never stop learning- we embrace All infinitly(As Nothing, and practice Truth, i.e perfection of the heart), but the discoveries/learning never stops.

To understand this, bhagti must be undertaken in action- gurbani should not just be read (It is the teacher-we take the teachers learnings and use them e.g learn medicine then go and be a doctor- practice the teachings) it should be practiced so we become it, so we become the teacher(Guru becomes chela, chela becomes Guru).

Attunement to Naam i.e Truth i.e God is living in truth, so do this and apply the gyan of gurbani(That only Nothingness exists) and continue down the path...

Read my comments on the thread in 'General-What's Happening' called 'Origins of the Universe Questions'.

Kalyugi, noone is more entitled to Truth than anyone else, yes everything is karam and we reap according to what we sow(get what we deserve-good and bad) -But it is all there- it always was- It's beyond Logic and rationalising as you have tried to do..

How can people have full coffers when we are in reality Nothing? This is a process of elimination- the elimination of falsehood to be left only with the pure and most humble(not fake humble, still harbouring ego of seva(naam simran, kirtan, hands on seva/Bhagti etc.) as many do) Truth..

Hence one who has nothing and accepts Nothing over everything is Richest on this path...

And how can having Nothing and being nothing make one Richest do you say??

Well that's why Truth is beyond logic, it cannot be comprehended, only experienced and discovered....

You have all the means necessary to get into action and become Brahmgyani so just go for it!

Can you please send me a private message with this question? I guarantee I will blow your mind, as I have views that are not acceptable in this forum just like yours! I cannot write anymore, so please message me!

Forum rules apply as much to private messages exchanged through sikhsangat as to posts made on the actual board.

I know exactly how you feel and the truth is there is a part of everyone that has thought this or is thinking this, but it's just an understanding of Gurmat and a level of faith that should get you through this.

Yes there is so much inequality in this world, so many so called 'imperfections', which can make us think that how can there still be a loving God watching over us. Truth is, the whole world is working in the will of Akaal Purakh, nothing that happens in the universe is out of the will (Hukam) of Akaal Purakh. We can sit here and pondering our whole lives about why Vaheguru ji has created such situations in the world like suffering, death, destruction etc, but there is no limit to the questions we can ask. We have got to understand that everything in the world has an opposite and that is what gives things value. If there was always peace, it would hold no value because it would be something taken for granted as there is no suffering.

If we never felt cold, there weren't people sleeping out in the cold, how would be appreciate our warm beds? If we didn't feel hungry, people starving, how would we appreciate every meal? If there wasn't any tyranny, how would Guru Sahib have shown his Parupkaar? All these people suffering give us an opportunity to do God's work, good karams, Seva and even people who receive help is because of their past deeds. Important thing to remember is that all beings are really their souls, living beings (human, animals etc) are all in those forms and situations (poverty, suffering, rich, poor) because of their karams. All of these things fit together make the world perfect because it is in the hukam of Akaal Purakh.

I would simply advice you to read bani with understanding and study the lives of the Guru Sahibaans as they too went under many hardships (which is just a fact of life). The body can go through many hardships but it is the state of the mind/soul that determines whether they cause suffering or not. When one's mind, body and soul is immersed in Gurmat, no suffering can come to you.