Taking Amrit

akaur08

It depends if you're the type of person who gets influenced easily or you're someone who can hold Their own admist hostility. If you're from the first category, I'll wait till university starts , and see if I can still maintain my rehit for a few

Months... If you can, then with maharaj kirpa it shouldn't be a problem. For me, I had amritvela for 5 months, and once I got drafted into the army, everything went down the drain, because of my mental weakness and peer pressure

Thank You! But i always question myself.. if i will ever be ready to take Amrit? Theres a Amrit Sanchar in April, and i wonder if i will regret not taking Amrit in april. Or if i should wear a dastaar and live in rehat maryada and than when im fully sure than take Amrit. Would really appreciate other peoples thoughts and opinions! :)

No one can be fully ready to take Amrit even if they follow the rehat maryada fully before. Only with Guru Sahib's kirpa can we be ready to take Amrit and follow the rehat maryada completely. Without Amrit we are lost souls wandering from place to place. When we take Amrit, then Guru Sahib's grace takes over. Taking Amrit means giving your head (mind, thoughts, beliefs, way of intrepretation to all of life, etc) to Guru Sahib and Guru Sahib in returns gives us the correct way to live in this world. For example, if you think today wearing make up, jewellery, cutting hair from certain parts of the body is allowed, and listening to music is okay, then this is your thinking and you will have too give it up because the Punj Pyare strictly say this is not allowed and the Punj Pyare give Guru Sahib's way of living. Eating out is basically a no because you don't know which product has meat in it or if the person in the restuarant used the same cooking pots, pan, knife, etc to prepare you vegatarian food. Also you don't know if they washed their hands after touching meat. You have to be ready to let go of your thinking completely about life and accept Guru Sahib's way of life.

Here is the rehat maryada and i'll attach two other links that include 52 Hukams of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and the other will be of more Hukams of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and Punj Pyare. Take a look and if your ready to accept this and then practice as Guru Sahib says, then you are ready to take Amrit. But if even the slighest thinking comes in your mind that i can do this and Guru Sahib says its a bujjar kurihet, then its better to wait. Once you take Amrit its about representing Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj, Mata Sahib Kaur ji, and the Khalsa Panth. You can't say, my actions are independant and only reflect what i do after taking Amrit. It's not your life anymore, but you literally gave it to Guru Sahib and your actions do not make you look bad, but your father Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and your mother Mata Sahib Kaur ji are made to look bad after an Amritdhari does something against the Rehat Maryada and the Hukams.

I am not trying to scare you from taking Amrit at all. But want you to take it very seriously and look deep inside and ask if your ready to accept Sikhi. Deep down i want you to take Amrit this minute because once the Amrit is poured into your hand and the first time you take it in.......everything in you changes and Vaheguru simran starts coming from your mouth automatically. Guru Sahib's grace literally takes over.

Keep Sikhs around you who keep rehat (other people will only tell you its okay to stop practicing certain things from rehat as they are ignorant of Guru Sahib's lifestyle, but don't listen to them as Rehat Maryada is superior and the highest authority) (many times we don't have the answer on why Guru Sahib tells us to practice certain things and others try to reason against it, so never agree to their reason as Rehat Maryada is Guru Sahib's way and it is superior, logical, reasonable, and the highest authority), always read the rehat everyday or repeat the rehat over and over in your head everyday (so you never forget it), do Vaheguru simran always, always do nitnem even if you miss amritvela, always have the fear of Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, always remember who your father is and mother is, where you were born (Kesgarh Sahib, Anandpur Sahib), always follow the Guru, and you will be sucessful after you take Amrit.

http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=68

http://www.info-sikh.com/Page52Hukams.html

http://sikhitothemax.com/rehat.asp

if you think today" listening to music" is okay, then this is your thinking and you will have too give it up because the Punj Pyare strictly say this is not allowed and the Punj Pyare give Guru Sahib's way of living.

Why is listening to music not okay for an Amritdahari Sikh.

Is Shabad Kirtan not music. Please give a reasonable explanation about

this music not okay theory.

Always check the source of the person and everything becomes clear. Its a note to take in for next time.

REHAT

iqRXw rwg sunih icq lwie ] sunhu lwl so jmpuir jwie ]17]

thriyaa raag sunehi chith laae || sunahu laal so jamapur jaae ||17||

Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention, listen Nand Lal Jee, they will be punished by the angel of death.;

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

http://sikhitothemax.com/rehat.asp?id=62

So basically it's referring to manmat songs, which in a way it's true... Romantic songs induce lust, gangsta ones induce krodh, etc...

But you gave the impression in your first post that all music should not be heard, and I think a lot of us mistook gurbani keertan and dharmik songs for that too...

Thanks for clearing up :-)

No one can be fully ready to take Amrit even if they follow the rehat maryada fully before. Only with Guru Sahib's kirpa can we be ready to take Amrit and follow the rehat maryada completely. Without Amrit we are lost souls wandering from place to place. When we take Amrit, then Guru Sahib's grace takes over. Taking Amrit means giving your head (mind, thoughts, beliefs, way of intrepretation to all of life, etc) to Guru Sahib and Guru Sahib in returns gives us the correct way to live in this world. For example, if you think today wearing make up, jewellery, cutting hair from certain parts of the body is allowed, and listening to music is okay, then this is your thinking and you will have too give it up because the Punj Pyare strictly say this is not allowed and the Punj Pyare give Guru Sahib's way of living. Eating out is basically a no because you don't know which product has meat in it or if the person in the restuarant used the same cooking pots, pan, knife, etc to prepare you vegatarian food. Also you don't know if they washed their hands after touching meat. You have to be ready to let go of your thinking completely about life and accept Guru Sahib's way of life.

Here is the rehat maryada and i'll attach two other links that include 52 Hukams of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and the other will be of more Hukams of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and Punj Pyare. Take a look and if your ready to accept this and then practice as Guru Sahib says, then you are ready to take Amrit. But if even the slighest thinking comes in your mind that i can do this and Guru Sahib says its a bujjar kurihet, then its better to wait. Once you take Amrit its about representing Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj, Mata Sahib Kaur ji, and the Khalsa Panth. You can't say, my actions are independant and only reflect what i do after taking Amrit. It's not your life anymore, but you literally gave it to Guru Sahib and your actions do not make you look bad, but your father Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and your mother Mata Sahib Kaur ji are made to look bad after an Amritdhari does something against the Rehat Maryada and the Hukams.

I am not trying to scare you from taking Amrit at all. But want you to take it very seriously and look deep inside and ask if your ready to accept Sikhi. Deep down i want you to take Amrit this minute because once the Amrit is poured into your hand and the first time you take it in.......everything in you changes and Vaheguru simran starts coming from your mouth automatically. Guru Sahib's grace literally takes over.

Keep Sikhs around you who keep rehat (other people will only tell you its okay to stop practicing certain things from rehat as they are ignorant of Guru Sahib's lifestyle, but don't listen to them as Rehat Maryada is superior and the highest authority) (many times we don't have the answer on why Guru Sahib tells us to practice certain things and others try to reason against it, so never agree to their reason as Rehat Maryada is Guru Sahib's way and it is superior, logical, reasonable, and the highest authority), always read the rehat everyday or repeat the rehat over and over in your head everyday (so you never forget it), do Vaheguru simran always, always do nitnem even if you miss amritvela, always have the fear of Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, always remember who your father is and mother is, where you were born (Kesgarh Sahib, Anandpur Sahib), always follow the Guru, and you will be sucessful after you take Amrit.

http://www.damdamita...id=80&Itemid=68

http://www.info-sikh...ge52Hukams.html

http://sikhitothemax.com/rehat.asp

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCCH! really made me think.. :)

vjkk vjkf.

just a quick question,

would it be wrong for me to start tieing a dastaar and living the like of a gursikh but not have taken amrit yet?

like is it okay for me to do everything i would do after i have taken amrit or no is it wrong?

also what would be a good start for me to start presenting myself at school? im not sure if i should take time and tie a ramaal until i start tieing a dastaar so people at school can kind of get used to it :s