Sabiachar Culture In Punjab

S1ngh

No marriage or family function is complete in punjab without sahiachar. In some cases relatives refuse to attend those marriages where people don't have sabiachar programs in marriages or even small programs such as lohri etc.. If they do attend programs without vulgur sabiachar then there will be mile long gossips within long list of relatives..

I am not a type of person who hates punjabi culture as i strongly believe that there can be positive balance between our religion and culture. Dring my parents time, girls gather and enjoy giddha/boliyaan and guys can have their own bhangra thing when in happy mood (marriage, viasakhi etc). However now we have a bunch of dancing troupe of mostly girls on stage is just like of those "Mujra" pakistan culture that sikhs of punjab adopted.

Type 'Dancing girls punjabi wedding' on youtube and you will thousands of them. One example can be seen

So, my request to all viewers here is to encourage your family and relatives not to support this sabiachar culture as this is eroding the proper values of anand karaj.

I think it's up to the young generation to make their views known. If you are the bride or groom then there is nothing stopping you wanting your wedding to be conducted without the so-called sabhiachar programme. If enough people do this then eventually people will get used to simple weddings. If your relatives refuse to attend because there are no half naked girls dancing on stage then you have to think whether you want idiots like that at your wedding. Remember that it is they relatives that will make the decision whether to attend or not attend.