What Can Be Done To Bring Sikhs Together

hgsingh

@JSinghz - hey paaji when I say that I as a mona probably won't take amrit in my life I'm sayin that as an honest person,...

Never say never bro.

There are countless examples of how even god hating people including Sikhs, have at some time found God in thier lives, and it has turned their lives around completly, and they wonder how they were before this transformation happened.

Guru Ji can pull you in in the fluttering of an eye.

Before Operation bluestar happened thousands of Sikhs did what you/me are doing, but in 1 day, they completely changed their convictions, and never looked back.

Have the attitude that one day you want to enter the Khalsa Panth, you just dont know when.

Back to the OP, one thing i find is that there is so much bickering over what jatha/samprdaye does or says what, they can't be true Sikhs etc. For my part i feel that Sikhs have accept that some Sikhs do things differently and that if we dont understand or like them we have " dekh ke anditth keeta " attitude.

Every Sikh should happily greet any passing Singh or Singhni with "Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh" rather than ignoring each other.

No one should get too caught up in jathebandiya. We should realise that as Sikhs the vast majority of our beliefs are the same and the end goal is shared, so we should focus on our own lives and not what others believe. We should still have love for other Sikhs who have love for Guru ji.

We should be a supportive, loving community rather than a divisive and petty one.

Every Sikh's aim must be to become part of the Khalsa Panth. This ideal use to be a given and not up for debate as recently as 15 or 20 years ago. I don't know what's happened amongst the Sikh zeitgeist for this to even be disputed these days.

Anyway, kopsingh, you come across as a passionate, knowledgeable guy with the kind of never-die spirit that Sikhs should possess in abundance. BUT that passion and love for your faith must be married with the spiritual side of things, i.e. knowledge, understanding and application of scriptures, recitations of Gurbani and living the kind of life SGGS Ji instructs us to live.

Just displaying saroop minus the inner attributes OR possessing the inner qualities whilst not having the outer saroop are both not ideal situations for a Sikh. Basically you can cheat and fool people into thinking you're a Sikh by dressing up to the nines and saying all the right things, but you can't fool God. Alternatively if you have the heart, the desire and love for Sikhi, I genuinely believe the pull towards the saroop comes from within. Half the battle is won in the previous instance; its just a matter of finishing the masterpiece if you will.

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh

Reading some of the previous posts relating to the topic of unity it is clear that while an individual allow them self to be differentiated from the next Gursikh by their own manmukhi, they also leave them self open to the divide and rule tactics of both internal and external bahdmashes.

If you really want to take the first step towards unity... Then “Stop looking for the difference between you and the next person, and rather look for the similarities”