Best Areas In West Midlands

Guest Gupt

hey dont come to Telford ( north of wolverhampton) nice clean and quite, no traffic, mostly alot of new estates, very green, we have wheelie bins not bags. I live in an area, where hardly any apne, mostly educated professionals, good schools, 2 grammar schools and one of the best schools in the country Thomas Telford, nice indoor town centre, i keep this area a secret dont want it to be full of apne / others, so stay away lol :biggrin2:

I grew up in Handswoth (smethwick and west brom are the same), would not move back that way but still love handsworth ( Gurdwaras) , many good memories , but sadly all the old families have gone now full of polish and freshies.

Sutton coldfield if you have the money but full of tax / vat scammers mainly apne you get the idea, had nothing 5 years ago but then suddenly loaded , and they say it was all through kirt kamai !! :angry2:

hey dont come to Telford ( north of wolverhampton) nice clean and quite, no traffic, mostly alot of new estates, very green, we have wheelie bins not bags. I live in an area, where hardly any apne, mostly educated professionals, good schools, 2 grammar schools and one of the best schools in the country Thomas Telford, nice indoor town centre, i keep this area a secret dont want it to be full of apne / others, so stay away lol :biggrin2:

I grew up in Handswoth (smethwick and west brom are the same), would not move back that way but still love handsworth ( Gurdwaras) , many good memories , but sadly all the old families have gone now full of polish and freshies.

Sutton coldfield if you have the money but full of tax / vat scammers mainly apne you get the idea, had nothing 5 years ago but then suddenly loaded , and they say it was all through kirt kamai !! :angry2:

from what ive been hearing there will alot of punjabi-brummie migration to telford over the next few years, all ex west brom handworth samdwell great barr lot.

from what ive been hearing there will alot of punjabi-brummie migration to telford over the next few years, all ex west brom handworth samdwell great barr lot.

I was only joking, the more the better, you always feels better and happier around your own as long as they are respectful, honest citizens and above all Gursikhs :biggrin2: . I grew up in Handsworth in the 80s and remember all the groups you mention, Sp etc,know them very well, but i am only interested in my Sikhi now so happy if my Gursikh brother and sister come here.

• 1 year later...

What is bush bury near low hill like? I would like good doctors, gurdwaras, easy to make good friends,lidl , aldi , farm foods, Asian food store, secco, wickets, help for a startup business that does good building work, easy local transport, texaco petrol station,or other like bp, tesco, sainsbury, don't want to be near too many off licences etc

I am also thinking to move to Wolverhampton soon as the expense , anxiety and isolation in London is killing me.

Bush bury and low hill area.

Things that are important: gurdwaras,easy to make good friends, aldi,, lidl, farm foods,Asian grocery store that keeps full range, college that helps with classes for adults like in iIT skills,gym, library , civic centre/ town hall, good Drs , good dentist,good hospital, good walkin centre, wickets, selco, someone who'd help with setting up a business/ charity that does good building work for people that may require funding/guaranteed work that's insured.

As gsingh12345 has said, DO NOT!! move to Bushbury or Low Hill. A racist white area and they do not like any asian to move into their area. A Singh and his family made the mistake of buying a house there and he was forced out of his home, they broke in and vandalised it several times. The house prices are very cheap for a reason.

Goldthorn and Penn areas are much better.

There is not a lot of sangat where I live, my family and I were thinking of relocating to the West Midlands. In what areas can you get the best quality of life? i.e. Low crime areas, good houses, good schools etc

We want to live in a place from which we could travel to all the various programs that happen, but at the same time like above need the area to be good.

Would appreciate any help! thanks

Sat Sri Akal Gupt.

Im 39 years old and lived in Birmingham all my life. I have relatives up and down the country and have been to every major city here. Im not going to say Birmingham is best but it is central to travel everywhere else! Gurdwaras are 10-25 mins drive away.

Handsworth is where they are many Gurdwaras because Apne have lived there for more than 30 years. However its mostly now blacks, "newer" indian immigrants and eastern europeans. I wouldn't recommend living there if asked by a friend.

Dependant on your budget, I would say Hall Green,3/4 bed semis which borders Shirley Solihull. Nice clean area, leafy suburby type with a mixture of working and middle class gorai and apne. It neighbours Sparkhill to the north which is where all the muzzies are. Slowly theyre creeping into Hall Green which means the Apne go further south into Solihull. Solihull is a West midlands borough that used to be a complete affluent gora area. As the the apne got richer and wanted better schooling and bigger houses they moved into Solihull. Which in turn the gorai moved further out.

Avoid Kings Heath, Moseley and Balsall Heath to the south-west, Sparkhill, Sparkbrook to the south, Small Heath to the East, Lozells and Aston to the North.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest preet

You need to think about this move more carefully Gupt. Its all very well being able to live in a much bigger house at a much cheaper price but....the future is not you....The future is your children. Think about them. You bring your children up in the midlands and they'll grow up with an English language accent that will never, in a million years, gain them positions of respect and authority outside of the west midlands. You'll be condemming them to a life of ridicule. And, as is often seem from english language discussions on the Sikh Channel, they will probably grow up speaking a standard and command of English and its pronounciation that is 2 levels lower than that of an educated immigrant to this country. Stay in London fella. Think of the children.

All childerns born in wolverhampton do not study in wolverhampton Uni . Childerns can still study outside west midlands as many do anyway. He is looking for house not unit for his kids