What Do To After A Girl Gets Married And Lives With In Laws?

Guest Gupt

Hello,

im at the point where i will get married and live with the in laws, and maybe other family members. I was wondering i dont come from a big family so im nervous on how to behave in such a big setting. Im a shy person anyway but doesn't mean im less confident just means i dont like talking too much. also if you had to live with extended family such as brother in law n his wife how to cope with that?

how do people cope? what do i have to do? is it normal to feel so nervous about being married?

I dont like this step in life, i wish i could stay where i am :(

WJKK WJKF

Bhenji it is normal to feel nervous, after living so long in ur own family, then all of a sudden a change without knowing wat is ahead.

You dont have to do nothing, but be yourself, respect elders and others where respect is due, and the rest you will learn as you go along.

Dont worry about it, otherwise you will work urself up and take on unwanted tension.

Just let ur future takes it course, as nothing can be planned, but I will say its not easy at times, as married life is a different zone,

I Thought it would be all flowers and easier after marriage, but theres more to it than that, with extended families. if they dont interfere or dont make it tough for you, then u got nothing to be worried about.

And remember in marriage both sides have to compromise with each other.

All will be fine, just enjoy each day as it comes.

As a man I've often wondered how incredibly difficult it must be for our sisters to go and live in another's house as part of their family after marriage. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is. My advice for you though...for what its worth...is to see yourself as part of that family after marriage. They too, will want you to embrace their family as your own. If you can condition yourself into seeing his family as your own I'm sure you'll be just fine. Good luck.

Lol Gurbani says you can't stay at your inlaws forever.

But take it a step further and realise that although this is true in a worldly sense, Gurbani means it in the sense that this world is not forever, and that our time to go is imminent.

If you're finding it hard to move to your inlaws whilst still in This World- in the earth realm, then you're going to find it massively difficult to go to your next destination after death(Which could come at any moment- we could both literally die 2 minutes from now.)

So take this experience as a lesson that what you have won't ever last forever and speed down the Path without letting anything or anyone stop you!

Guest Anonymous

Just help around the house, dishes, cleaning etc and that will break down the tension barrier and they will think your a really nice person. Then hopefully very soon, you will move out of the house and start not have to worry about it any more or you will be worrying about leaving them because you have grown so attached to them :D

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest that you get to know your in-laws better before you get married, so visit your fiances house a couple of times, help out when you are there. Even ask him and his family some questions. Make them aware that you are nervous but are willing to do whatever it takes to be a good daughter-in-law, also let them know that you are not against being married you just want everything to go right in order to have a successful marriage.

Or go there and tell them what you expect of parents in law equal strives by both sides should be met so much pressure is put on daughter in laws when it should be a compromise!