Deceiving Donut

Guest Rajbir singh

Guest Rajbir singh

So my family bought these donuts that have no eggs. But it says, "May have been manufactured with the same equipment as products with eggs." It doesn't state eggs in the ingredients. Should I eat it or not? Especially since most things in the modern day in America mostly packaged food contain some type of egg or a very small percentage of something. Then we shouldn't be eating anything. I don't eat meat or eggs, have Kesh, but I'm not a Amrit Dhari. I believe that it is okay to eat this donut. But I'm wondering if it will make me any less of a Sikh.

Guest lkjhgfdsa

Think of it this way: if you had a severe egg allergy, would you eat them? No, because it has made enough contact with a particular product, that they have felt the need to state it explicitly on the packaging. So don't eat them.

Believe it or not, donuts aren't that difficult to make. You should try it..

@Raghbir Singh, they have to write that to cover themselves, in case somebody with egg allergy eats the doughnut and then has an allergic reaction, they can be sued, in case of cross-contamination.

Whether u want to eat it is up to you, nobody can advise if u will be less of a sikh if u ate it, im not an amritdhari but i would personally eat it, it all depends on you, how far are u expected to go?

hahaha@innergear, bechara mere vangar boxeh wal veki janda, "khava keh na-khava ke na".......I normally get into that cycle, then get stressed and end up throwin things away.

The reason they write it is so that if anyone has an allergy to those things, they may want to be wary as they can not take even the smallest risk to eat something which could cause them harm. For a Sikh, the negative effect of committing a kurehit, i.e. accidently eating egg or anything else we are not supposed to eat is far worse than even that of an allergy! So if there is a chance a product may not be suitable for someone with an egg allergy, this certainly applies to a sikh aswell! So do not eat anything which had even the slightest chance of contamination with egg, meat or fish!

• 4 weeks later...