Is This European Union Advert Racist?

genie

No .....im taking abt the context of the video..... the way 3 different ethnic / religious looking guys and 1 lone white female made to look like shes under attack she represents europe the others 3 different nations. I think its a very cunningly designed racist advert

No im taking abt the context of the video..... the way 3 ethnic guys and 1 lone white female made to look like shes under attack she represents europe the others 3 different nations. I think its a very cunningly designed racist advert

Oh right, sorry. I thought you were referring to the Indian warrior-type guy.

I think she's meant to be a Beatrix Kiddo kind of character (Uma Thurman's character in Kill Bill), and now that you mention it does seem to suggest that the mad brown people are always looking for a fight, but the calm white person sits everyone down for a chat.

A bit patronising in all honesty. :biggrin2:

one youtube user posted this comment (which i agree wtih)...

This EU propaganda film is not only racist but also misleading. They have turn black into white. Let us look at the fact from history. China was invaded and humilated by the western countries since the 19th century before the PRC established. India was colonised by the British until 1947. The black people are capture as slaves by white people for centuries in Africa and sold them to America.

China, India and Afican countries have never theathen white people.

What people are endanger world peace?

skin colour, ethnic origin and countries would have been thought out in this advert. all they had to do was chuck in a white western boxer to the mix... and that would have made a huge difference.

You guys still dont get it....basically what the creators of that advert are trying to convey in my opinion is a lone white woman representing Europe (the white race) versus the 3 ethnic / religious men ....representing the emerging global economic superpowers (India, China and Brazil). There is clear intent on part of the advert makers to create a sense of hatred of non-whites and non-Europeans and scaring the target audience into thinking a united Europe can fight of the threat from other races these other nations.

Its like an advert straight from nazi Germany.