Sikh Channel Team Arrested In India

confusedsengh

This is true as Sikh Channel were showing this last evening.

The team were held for four hours and then released, the Sikh Channel reports. Attempts to intimidate reporters, the Sikh Channel also said that neither of the Badalas had bothered to come to Gurdaspur or see Bhai Jaspal Singhs family.

I think it was terror tactic to silence the Sikh Channel. It's commonly used in India. Few years ago, Tehelka which was a big news organisation exposed corrupt BJP leaders, majority of its employees were harassed by the BJP govt, as a result, most of the employees left the organisation and it became a small & virtually non existent organisation.

But since Sikh Channel is UK based, they should lodge complaints with appropriate UK authorities so that the Indian Govt terror tactics can be exposed as much as possible.Also, they should try to highlight it in western media. Now is the time!

I do not have any business interests in the Sikh Channel or a close friendship with any of the team there!

Sikh Channel can stay open no problem! They just have to fight the false legal battle the indian govt will inevitably put to the Sikh Channel. However, that will cost money, and because Sikhs are not prepared to pay a £1 a week to the SIkh Channel it will close!

Our Direct Debit money will be needed to fight false legal claims and pressures from the indian government/Shiv Sena/RSS/Chota Sauda/the Gadars amongst us, and all the other Sikhi haters, as well as run the Channel itself. However, because most Sikhs will not pay the DD for Sikh Channel it will go down - maybe we Sikhs actually want Sikh Channel to go down, because we don't actually want the Sikhs to have a voice?? (who knows?).

Sikh Channel can bearly pay the running costs, never mind the legal fights that will be coming over the approaching days and weeks - so how can it survive. eg the Sikh Channel need money to represent it's arrested reporters. Where will they get their money from for that, when they do not even have the running costs.

Can anybody answer why the majortiy of the hundreds of thousands of Sikhs in Britain are not supporting the Sikh Channel financially at all? Why is it most Sikh are spending money on many other leisure products but not the Sikh Channel?

Why won't we help them?

[

Yes, good point, they can! Many Sikhs watch it over the internet. Although, the Sikhs of the UK refuse to support their media voice, the Sikh Channel, for some reason! I still cannot work out why!!!

Because they find an excuse to say that the money is being taken by the owners etc or there is enough advertisement to cover the cost.

I for one believe all Sikhs should pay 4 pound a month - thats a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink. And we cant even give that to our panth?

Because they find an excuse to say that the money is being taken by the owners etc or there is enough advertisement to cover the cost.

I for one believe all Sikhs should pay 4 pound a month - thats a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink. And we cant even give that to our panth?

If we did what you said and paid our £1 a week Sikh Channel would not need to have adverts on its channel. Like you say, it's just an excuse. We are just not paying because, may be, we just want the Indian Govt, RSS and Shiv Sena to kill more Sikhs without anyone, any media, to question them. May be our 'inaction' makes us an enemy of the true Sikhs who are targeted by the GOI, RSS and Shiv Sena. We should support our Sikh Media!!

If anything the last few days have proved how vital Sikh Channel is! Without it we would have no information and everyone would be the dark! Although I was a cynic in the past I will be pledging at least a small monthly payment each month and so are other members of my family only now have we realised how important this channel is... its closure would be catastrophic!!!

I think everyone should set up a direct debit, we need Sikh Channel!!!

If anything the last few days have proved how vital Sikh Channel is! Without it we would have no information and everyone would be the dark! Although I was a cynic in the past I will be pledging at least a small monthly payment each month and so are other members of my family only now have we realised how important this channel is... its closure would be catastrophic!!!

I think everyone should set up a direct debit, we need Sikh Channel!!!

We need more Sikhs like this who start to think strategically and actually do something. It's nice to see Sikhs are prepared to change their minds, for the betterment of the Panth!

Let's all review our thinking, which has not got us anywhere in the past 27 years, and start moving forward, as directed by Balwant Singh Ji Rajoana !

We need more Sikhs like this who start to think strategically and actually do something. It's nice to see Sikhs are prepared to change their minds, for the betterment of the Panth!

Let's all review our thinking, which has not got us anywhere in the past 27 years, and start moving forward, as directed by Balwant Singh Ji Rajoana !

The impact of the Sikh Channels has been the main reason for the massive rise in support for Panthic causes. A few years you were lucky to get 50 people at a demo in a week day, now you get 1000's.