Ptc News - Hiding The Truth

osingh

PTC News, which is a news outlet in Punjab, is not covering news in any detail regarding bhai Balwant Singh ji Rajoana or Shaheed bhai Jaspal Singh ji. Further to this, the channel airs gandh - bollywood videos just prior to kirtan from sri Darbar Sahib Amritsar. This channel is a disgrace, it could be used to inform the Punjab public about recent events but chooses not to.

Just now, grandfather of shaheed bhai Jaspal Singh ji was complaining that PTC news channel was not covering the events that transpired in Gurdaspur.

The Sikh Panth should get together to form a Sikh channel in Punjab that could air news regarding panthic issues as well as doing parchar of Gurmat. This is the farz (duty) of the SGPC, they have more than enough money to take up this project. I have heard that it was a wish of Sant Jarnail Singh ji Bhindranwale that the Sikh panth had a media outlet.

If SGPC will not listen to the Sikh Panth then we need to support any Sikh Jathebandis in Punjab willing to create a Sikh media outlet that could include TV channel, newspaper, radio etc.

Satguru Mehar Karan

You don't need no creation of a new punjab based sikh channel. You've already got Sikh Channel.. support them! Sikh channel is already viewable over the internet.. a lot of people in Punjab have gotten internet now and they are able to watch Sikh Channel, they just probably don't know about it. Raise awareness in Punjab that people can watch Sikh Channel for FREE online whenever they want.

Here: http://sikhchannel.tv/

Sikh Channel is covering Punjab News daily and brings out the truth about the day's issues, which is exactly what Punjab's people need, truthful news. Sikh Channel is losing like twenty thousand pounds a month isn't it? What if Sikh Channel were in a twenty thousand pound surplus every month? I think they could make great advances in their Punjab based newscasting and reporting.

Why not rent out a little shop or make a little room in your pind, buy a computer, get it hooked to the internet and set up a projector/screen and teach/hire someone in your pind to put on Sikh Channel for villagers to watch freely. Villagers could get together and hear about the days news and see the truth about the stories out there. In addition, they would be provided with great parchar of Sikhi. I don't think this would be too difficult to make happen, and it would have large benefits. Plus, a communal place to watch Sikh Channel is no different from friends coming over to the house with the television to watch the latest Punjabi soap opera.

What do you guys think of that idea? ^^

SinghBaller ji,

I agree Sikhchannel as well as Sangat TV have done good work in reporting news in Punjab.

However SikhChannel and Sangat TV alone are not enough. First you require internet access and you will have to tune in at 1-2 am to watch the discussion shows which is not suitable especially for Gursikhs.

The point is that Badal Sarkar are hiding the truth. They have the capacity to report what is happening in Gurdaspur, police brutality etc but choose not to. There should be a lehar (movement) to free the media in Punjab. SGPC is controlled by Badal so therefore will not be willing to create such media that will report the truth. It is a sad situation that our highest Sikh community the SGPC is controlled by a politician.

The only option is to fund any Sikh Jathebandi in Punjab that are willing to create a media outlet for Sikhs. They will also require legal support because Akal Dal Badal will try and counter any such attempt like they have with Sikh Channel.

I am sure sangat from abroad such as UK, Canada and Italy can join forces with sangat in India to form a Sikh Channel.

I bet if you phone relatives in Punjab they will not have much information on bhai Balwant Singh ji Rajoana or violence that occurred in Gurdaspur.

If you're worried about time differances that can easily be dealt with. Like I said, what could Sikh Channel do if they were in a twenty thousand pound surplus?

They could set up talkshows to be filmed in Punjab and put on the air through the U.K channel at appropriate times for Punjabi viwers, or better yet create a 2nd streaming channel specificaly for those living in india where content could put online at suitable times. If timing is a problem, I'm sure whatever talkshows happened at 9 PM GMT could be re-run on a 2nd streaming channel for Punjabi viewers around 10 AM in Punjab.

All of my cousins live in Pinds and most of them have internet access. Also the my idea for little projection rooms is viable in many villages as it isn't too costly.

Why would you want to create something new, when you could support a channel that is already doing so well, so that they can expand and begin to cater to Punjab residents?

The amount of money it would take to create a new channel could be given to Sikh Channel so they could enlarge their Punjab operations, create a 2nd streaming channel where programming is given as per Indian times, build a Punjab studio, etc,.

There are so many things that could be done to make Sikh Channel available to Punjabis. Creating more channels just creates more rifts and divisions and competition between channels. Why have a lot of mediocre channels, when you could have one GREAT one!

No point in starting any kind of tv/radio channel or newspaper in Punjab until we have Khalsa Raj as it firstly will never get permission or if it does start-up the enemy will force it to be false or make life hell i.e. power cuts, infiltration and corruption, red tape, guests won't turn up or intimidation of staff etc. Don't waste your time or money support the sikh media voice outside india as it is free from anti-sikh involvement.