Shaeeda Wala?

Guest R kaur

As Gurbani has made it clear any soul that gives advice on Me (God) without having Seen me talked to me heard me will be burnt again and again in the womb.

Your advise is appreciated, but do you consider Gurbani to be Sri Vaheguru ji Maharaj? Also present the Gurbani you are refering too, so others can see what Maharaj is saying.

Your advise is appreciated, but do you consider Gurbani to be Sri Vaheguru ji Maharaj? Also present the Gurbani you are refering too, so others can see what Maharaj is saying.

rhq Avr kCu Avr kmwvq ]

rehath avar kash avar kamaavath |

He says one thing, and does something else.

min nhI pRIiq muKhu gMF lwvq ]

man nehee preeth mukhahu gant laavath |

There is no love in his heart, and yet with his mouth he talks tall.

jwnnhwr pRBU prbIn ]

jaananehaar prabhoo parabeen |

The Omniscient Lord God is the Knower of all.

bwhir ByK n kwhU BIn ]

baahar bhaekh n kaahoo bheen |

He is not impressed by outward display.

Avr aupdysY Awip n krY ]

avar oupadhaesai aap n karai |

One who does not practice what he preaches to others,

Awvq jwvq jnmY mrY ]

aavath jaavath janamai marai |

shall come and go in reincarnation, through birth and death.

ijs kY AMqir bsY inrMkwru ]

jis kai anthar basai nirankaar |

One whose inner being is filled with the Formless Lord

iqs kI sIK qrY sMswru ]

this kee seekh tharai sansaar |

by his teachings, the world is saved.

jo qum Bwny iqn pRBu jwqw ]

jo thum bhaanae thin prabh jaathaa |

Those who are pleasing to You, God, know You.

nwnk aun jn crn prwqw ]7]

naanak oun jan charan paraathaa |7|

Nanak falls at their feet. ||7||

Theres also another Shabad i will try find which talks about the punishment of guiding people on Divinity and having No Avasta

Guest MKaur

People are going to two extremes here. Either:

a) Just do it and in your heart know that you don't believe in it

b) Refuse outright (and/or start another meaningless ritual in order to make your mother in law understand, which she will see as you mocking her and trying to make her look stupid.)

Neither of these will work. The first isn't acceptable in Sikhi as you will be a hypocrite and your actions will be false. The second will create huge tension in your family, especially between yourself and your mother in law. If you want to integrate within a household, arguments and confrontation is not the way to do it.

Firstly, talk to your husband and see whether or not he is in agreement with you. Secondly, you should feed the birds normally without bowing. If your mother in law asks why you're not bowing, you should talk to her about it. But be really really tactful and don't offend her or look as though you're trying to out smart her. Ask a few carefully worded questions which might make her think differently. You can't change someones mind overnight. If you want someone to see your perspective, it's going to take some time and a softly softly approach.

Is it wrong to feed birds just so they don't go hungry? Nothing to do with offering food to Shaheeds, etc? Please someone tell me it isn't wrong!!! :blink2:

Feeding hungry animals is unequivocally the wrongest of all wrong doings. One way ticket to narak, my friend.

Is it wrong to feed birds just so they don't go hungry? Nothing to do with offering food to Shaheeds, etc? Please someone tell me it isn't wrong!!! :blink2:

Simply No, but your council will say refrain from feeding pigeons as they carry diseases, but why would it be wrong to feed Gods creatures

Guest Rkaur

Thank you to all baji's and bhenji's for the advice. My husband doesn't care and thinks I should just go along with it. In my heart I know it's wrong and i have refused and as a result the ritual was still done by mother in law and she also asked my children and husband to do it even if I wouldn't. She says it's out of respect and I'm being disrespectful which I really don't wAnt to be. And this is not the only one there is also 'dasmi' where Keer and prashad are made and again you will do Mattha tek and some food would bd taken out and given as offerings. I feel like I haven't got the knowledge to tackle her on this. I need to know if this has meaning in Sikhi.

Thank you to all baji's and bhenji's for the advice. My husband doesn't care and thinks I should just go along with it. In my heart I know it's wrong and i have refused and as a result the ritual was still done by mother in law and she also asked my children and husband to do it even if I wouldn't. She says it's out of respect and I'm being disrespectful which I really don't wAnt to be. And this is not the only one there is also 'dasmi' where Keer and prashad are made and again you will do Mattha tek and some food would bd taken out and given as offerings. I feel like I haven't got the knowledge to tackle her on this. I need to know if this has meaning in Sikhi.

Benji this is what Guru Arjan Dev je says about rituals

pourree |

Pauree:

naa thoo aavehi vas bahuth ghinaavanae |

No one can bring You under control, by despising the world.

naa thoo aavehi vas baedh parraavanae |

No one can bring You under control, by studying the Vedas.

nw qU Awvih vis qIriQ nweIAY ]

naa thoo aavehi vas theerath naaeeai |

No one can bring You under control, by bathing at the holy places.

naa thoo aavehi vas dharathee dhaaeeai |

No one can bring You under control, by wandering all over the world.

naa thoo aavehi vas kithai siaanapai |

No one can bring You under control, by any clever tricks.

naa thoo aavehi vas bahuthaa dhaan dhae |

No one can bring You under control, by giving huge donations to charities.

sabh ko thaerai vas agam agocharaa |

Everyone is under Your power, O inaccessible, unfathomable Lord.

thoo bhagathaa kai vas bhagathaa thaan thaeraa |10|

You are under the control of Your devotees; You are the strength of Your devotees. ||10||

The main point here is that God is under the control of his Loving devotes, so how do we become "Loved one" of Guru Shaib,

jo saas giraas dhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai |

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

Bhenji today there are more followers (sheeps) in the Panth than those who will stick with Maharaj's teachings. You don't need to tackle her on this. You told her that you don't want to do it and she's doing it. If she get's hostile with you, then show her more love. When i meet an elder person and they tell me to do something against Gurmat then in a gentle way i tell them i can't do it and if they want to hear a reason then it's given, if they want to get mad and act like they know all because they are older. Than let it be. More recently i witnessed and elder in my life that was arrogant toward a Gurmat practice and wanted to continue following manmat. I told him the reason why we don't after the topic came up but he didn't agree and continued. As time went on he was introduced to life events and i was made out ot be the bad guy, but still I showed him utmost respect and love and he stopped this one manmat practice on his own without me saying a word. There was no need/want desire to say i told you so.....rubbing it in his face.....or talking about it again. Everyone learns at their own pace. Just smile and keep continue on the path of Sikhi. Maharaj present's us with opportunities to learn and teach. Don't be attached to either as Maharaj does all and always consider yourself low, even though someone in the family is doing manmat practices. They yell at you and scream at you......then take it....don't say a word......once they are done put a smile on your face and walk away. There is nothing to gain from an discussion from a person who doesn't want to learn. Also sit your children down when your mother in law is not home and tell them sakhis of the Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj (if you do it infront of her then she is going to think that your purposely doing it to turn your kids against her). Make it a regular thing to tell sakhis of Gurus and Sikhs. Kids are smart and they will automatically cling on to the truth and leave falsehood behind. Don't fight with your mother in law over telling your kids to do it as their father is telling them there is nothing wrong with it. Keep in your mind that Maharaj is doing all and all you need to do is keep practicing Sikhi.