18 Year Old Nihang Singh Tortured By Police

Mehtab Singh

veerji he was not picked up on that very day ( 28th) .....but on 4th april.......so police is identifying people, targeting them....so that youth remain scared and remain in homes

I don't think anybody has really picked up on this piont enough Pappi9. Jaspal Singh Ji's Shaheedi was done for the same reason by the Police. It was a message to the Sikhs to say this is what will happen to you if you come on to the streets to peacefully demonstrate! However, I hope this Shaheedi, the serious injuries, the picking up and torturing of Sikhs, and arrests of our leaders like Baba Baljit Singh Ji Daduwal all serve to strengthen our resolve for Justice and Freedom, rather frighten us into doing nothing. There is so much every Sikh can do even if they do not demonstrate, it's up to us to get on and do it!

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, or whether I should have started a new thread, but after watching Sangat TV's brilliant broadcast from Ranjeet Singh's house and shaheed Jaspal singh's house yesterday...I think we all need to be aware of things that are hapening.

Firstly, let me start by saying how pleased I was to see how the entire household of Ranjeet Singh became Amritdhari on the day of Jaspal Singh's funeral, and how the kind hearted Sikhs from around the world have been raising so much much needed money for them.

Shaheed Jaspal Singh's family, who are in a stronger financial position that Ranjeet Singh, have also been doing their best to look after Ranjeet Singh's family. During the interview with Shaheed Jaspal Singh's family they did reveal something very important. They said they are extremely worried about Ranjeet Singh....They feel is life is in danger. They said sinister people from the govt and police have regularly been visiting Ranjeet Singh's home trying to force him to change his story....i.e say it wasn't the police that shot him. It was clear from what Jaspal Singh's family were saying that the police want Ranjeet Singh dead. He is a liability to them alive.

After seeing his wounds yesterday, its clear to me that the boy should not even have been sent home. He should still be in hospital because he's in a bad way. So I'm thinking, isn't there some sort of way that some Sikh organisation in the UK could convince the authorities to let this boy into the country for treatment ? His life is clearly in danger and he is in desparate need of proper medical care.

On the more positive side, how wonderful it was to hear from Ranjeet Singh, the story behind that photograph that haunted us all....the one with him bleeding to death on the rickshaw. After being shot, bleeding to death, the policemen came up to him and continued to beat him with their sticks. Nobody came to help him except that poor lowly rickshaw driver. That poor labourer, picked him up, put him in his rickshaw and rode him to hospital.

Sangat TV....Sikh Channel....Please find that man. I really want to get a closer look at the face behind that wonderfull warm-hearted soul.