What A Dumb Reason To Have To Become A Muslim

SikhWorldTv

Rebel Singh, you make me laugh because your English, sometimes, sounds almost like a mobile phone/email type of english, However, within your posts you raise some of the most intelligent points and observations I have read on this site !!!

I hope you are part of an organisation were you are able to convert these intelligent points into action points and then into actions (now don't give any personal info on here because anonymity is a great weapon on the internet !!).

MEHARBAHNI paaji, but im not intelligent, im jus learning thats all, and tryna pass off wat stuff i have to others, in the hope that i can learn sumthin frm them aswell. oh and yea i do type in txt speak, jus takes less time, also i reply to some of these posts thru my blackberry, so it becomes a habit. To be honest, my fave/most intelligent poster on here are West London Singh, that brother has some tremendous knowledge! im a nobody compared 2 his knowledge. When i was growing up (working class family), all i had was a football and books (History was my fave subject), and so i have always been good at history, coz ive always had a fascination as 2 how we hav ended up as we r now.

Wud u believe that a few weeks ago i was thrown off this site, under my previous username? No warning or anything, i hope the MODS can see, i can give decent contribution 2 threads

>>Totally agree with u SevadaarEKhalsa ...

A lot could be done, but no SGPC prefers to put hundreds of crores in their pockets instead of doing something useful for our Panth.

>>Exactly how can they propagate Sikhi effectively outside of Punjab, if we are held back by caste divisiveness in our back yard? They have done nothing to stop proliferation of separate jaath-paath Gurdwaray or to stop the dera's and they've done nothing meaningful to tackle the root causes as to why ... namely that the 33% of Punjab population from a GOI-termed "scheduled caste" background has been utterly alienated from other Sikhs now and treated like crap and as 2nd class citizens amongst ourselves by richer nominal Sikhs who have no clues as to the fundamental of what Sikhi stands for. One fundamental foundation of Sikhi is the absolute equality of all human beings. In fact what Sikhi teaches us is that those who face the hardest face challenges in life (the gareeb+downtrodden) are actually the closest to God (and hence worthy of the greatest respect).

We are happy with our so called stronghold Punjab - but do you know that even in percentage there were only 59% Sikhs (Census 2001).

>>Exactly Paji this is a faith that ought to be global. But due to our internal problems we can't step it up (as yet) against drugs, caste or female infanticide in Punjab. I simply can't believe that our numbers are so low when the message is so clearly true. Ie for Khalistan to even democratically be voted in ... it would require 85% of Sikhs to vote for it ... which ain't gana happen any time soon ... so why we focus on that when the Christians+Muslims are increasing at such a rate in Punjab is beyond me.

These are the people that call themselves Sikhs, many of whom don't mind fasting, bowing down to fake babas, tombs and idols.

>>Couldn't agree with u more. Absolutely sick of that stuff. If we had decent parchaar of Sikhi in every village people simply would not fall for that crap.

I repeat what I say everytime, there were less than 300,000 Christians in 2001 (Punjab), now there are over 900,000. Punjabi Sikhs are fast emigrating to Europe (Italy especially), New Zealand, Australia and North America. Plus there are hardly Sikh couples who have more than one or maximum two children (fertility rate in Punjab one of the lowest).

>>True that even in Punjab because we can't explain the central message of Sikhi and tend to concentrate on outward form to a greater degree when we do, we are losing ground in the demographic battle in our central area. That's what makes me think that Punjab has had Sikhi for 500 years but done nothing with it ... even in 1947 ... only 13% of Punjabi's were Sikh ... 150 years before that (before Ranjit Singh) .... only 5% of Punjabi's were Sikh ... the future growth of Sikhi will come from non-Punjabi sources and we need to emphasise how 4 of the Panj Pyaaray were non-Sikh before people try to pigeon-hole us as some kind of ethnic religion restricted to Punjabi's.

Migrant labour started coming to Punjab 30 years back but the major influx came in the 90s/00s. In the beginning we just referred to all of them as 'bhaiyeh' (Biharis), but actually most of them were from Haryana and Uttar Pradesh - many of whom Muslim.

>>Those folks are poor people coming in who need to feed their families ... just like how the industrialists and landowners need their labour ... but if we are not careful about assimilation of these migrants into Sikhs (and treat them with disdain they do not deserve) ... there can be a demographic timebomb + backlash when Sikhs could be a minority in Punjab ... particularly with how the RSS, GTV-minded crew + Zakir-type crew have identfied Punjab as a soft touch (if not the softest) because of this nonsense that all faiths are equally good ... totally regardless of if one religion supports slavery and the other (Sikhi) opposes it.

The issue now is that they have started reviving the 'dead' mosques, and even building new ones. Guess what? Our 'peaceloving' Sikhs are helping them (monetary, lands, ...) to build THEIR places of worship in OUR 'country'.

>>Exactly Sikhs were ethincally cleansed from the 40% of Punjabi soil that they tilled in 1947 by the crew that voted for the Muslim League ... yet they are bent over backwards for and you get Sikhs praying at the tomb of Pirs for Muhammad to grant them a son!? How many cities in Pakistan are there that have a majority of Sikhs today in 2012?

These so-called Sikhs can't be asked to help the millions (YES MILLIONS) of TRIBAL SIKHS in South and Central India, but yet are ready to help these Muslims. An ex Jathedar of Akaal Takth himself told that the next main issue in Punjab is going to be this growing number of Muslims (when the number of Muslims rise at a place, you know the consequences, see United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belgium, France etc). The Ludhiana mosque which used to be nearly empty on fridays now has over 100,000 worshippers on festivals.

By this rate we are definitely going to end up under 50% even within Punjab...

So many solutions but of no use if I type them out, because we are not yet ready to sit down and discuss without knocking off each others puggs, leave alone making concrete plans and implementing them.

>>Some answers are clear ... we need to urgently first and foremost be united, stop discrimination by certain Sikhs against others, fully integarate every single Punjabi village ... no this side + that side divisions, one Gurdwara per village. Next let's step up parchaar to migrants. I really believe that migrants can turn into new Sikhs provided we don't expect all of them to start keeping kes overnight. All of the crew that want to fight for Khalistan need to realise we need to fight for the heart and soul of Punjab first in terms of eradicating the social + cultural problems that are engulfing our Qaum because most of the politicians in Punjab like it this way.