Ataam Raas organisers SELL recording rights?

KhalsaSingh

Is this true that the sevadars organising atam raas programs have SOLD the recording rights to alpha punjab?

IF SO some of my previous statements would seem to have been verified with an adendum:

kirtan programs are now being sold like a business by the atam rass ppl which is wrong and anti gurmat.

Since not even a single issue i raised previously with regards to the legitamacy of the ataam raas programs was answered i will repost what i said previously in hops of getting a response

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Charnpreet singh,

OMG THIS IS CRAZY why cant u answer any of my questions, I WILL AGAIN REITTERATE MY POINTS

Firstly with regards to labling me a fundamentalist you said now

Your question of me labelling u a fundamentalist, obviously you are if you are asking fundamental questions, thats my interpretation.

Its very interesting how this same fundamental topics was posted on tapoban.org and akj.org and that i got a phone call from someone regarding ETC.

THIS AGAIN DID NOT ADDRESS ANYTHING I SAID IN RELATION TO LABLING ME A FUNDAMENTALIST, once again i will copy and paste what i asked...

b4 i go onto the other topic i would like to respond to ur labling me a fundamentalist, firstly thank you. as in the context of sikhi being a fundamentalist naturally implies a good thing i.e. fundamentalist i.e. being more into sikhi, i.e. single minded devotion to guroo sahib. u used that as if it was some sort of negative connatation i.e. as an insult. but really being a fundamentalist sikh is only a good thing, wen u think

about it, right??

not the question mark in that paragraph, im asking u that if labling me a fundamentalist is a good thing or a bad thing?

the answer is quite obvious really i just want to hear you say it because it then proves you to be wrong to lable me a fundamentalist in a negative connatation becase to be a fundamentalist in terms of sikhi is a good thing i.e. closer to god, more in love with guroo sahib etc.. or do u disagree!?

NOW ONCE AGAIN....

you said:

unless you know these people no one has the right to judge.

veer, im not judging, im asking questions that will eventually lead to a clear judgement through simple logic. and im still not getting any progress on that. i think some of the things u r saying r in relation to comments made by other posters and not myself here as im concerned with 2 issues, the issue of recording, and then if this program is a fan show or not. both which i stated in my earlier post is an exploration and im open to being wrong, hek i want to be wrong as to be right about this is totall manmat as in whats is going on! and also the side issue of u labling me a fundamentalist.

SO ONCE AGAIN, CAN U PLZ RESPOND TO THE ISSUES I RAISED REGARDING THE RECORDINGS, once again copy and pasting....

firstly the easy thing, thanks for clearing up the situation with the recording, now i know the ETC will be doing it, i can assume the following:

1) there will be no ridiculously bright flash distracting both the kirtanee and sangat as a whole or individually when sevadar points to specific individuals

2) there will be no extreem zoomins to the point i can see up each and ever individuals nose

3) the gurdwara sound system will be upgraded or some other sound system will be used so that the sound will be good

4) the sevadar will not be up and down every 2 secs showing his rear consantly either to sangat or guroo sahib

RIGHT? non of the above will occur under the professionals who r doin

g the recordings, ur giving the sangat this assurance? or do u not see anything wrong with the examples above?

if u dont see anything wrong with the above examples then your reason for preventing otheres from recording IS INVALID because the etc or whoever is doing just the same.

FINALLY AGAIN for a 5th time.... cp and paste

im asking if this program is fundamentally based/predicated on whos coming, i.e. names and faces. i.e fanism? such a program predicated on fanism, whos coming to this or that, rather than the essence of bani regadless of whos singing it, is promotion of fanism and therefore not gurmat

so what im firstly trying to find out is that is this program fundamentally predicated on promotion based on these famous ragi jaths i.e. names and faces etc..??? so i guess thats the first question in the thread and depending on ur answer we see if we can come to some sort of consensus hopefully.

I WILL SEE IF I CAN BREAK THAT INTO A NUGGET FOR U (u know like chicken nuggets emmmm laugh.gif , so easy question, is this program based on whos coming i.e. all the various famous sants etc....?? (note its gonna be hard for u to say no given the way its been promoted but lets see)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

These Kirtan council guys are major manmukhs. They go do kirtan anywhere for a few $$$. After the hukamnamma came that ordered all kirtaneeiae not to do kirtan where there were tables and chairs. These atam rus guys went to Yuba City and did a 7-day program. So they are thankhayaai. The sangat of Vancouver was outraged. But like a year later they had them come do kirtan at Dashmesh Darbar. These people never learn.

Anoop "Singh" Una wala came to khalsa diwan society abbotsford two years ago even when there were tables and chairs there. No one cared.

The people that allow these thankhayaai to do kirtan in "panthic" gurdwarrai are thankhayaai as well.

The reason why they can do what they want is because of the huge fan base that they enjoy.

I think they should be punished by akhal takhat asap...

Kirtan indeed has now become a profession, and what sewa... SAD

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I remember attending a local Kirtan diwan by Bhai Anoop Singh Ji and Bhai Sadhu Singh Ji. This diwan was setup to raise money for the building of a new Gurdwara Sahib in a nearby town which didn't have any place for Sangatta to gather and after the diwan Bhai Anoop Singh ji made it clear that if Sangat of the new Gurdwara Sahib wanted any more programs of the IKC they would have to make sure that the Gurdwara Sahib follows Sri Akal Takhat Sahib maryada and especially the langar rule of chair and tables was enforced many times..

To quote the exact words, Bhai Sahib said: "If sangat can come and sit in Darbar Sahib for an hr to listen to kirtan, why can't we sit on the floor for another 20 mins to eat langar?"

I'm not posting this to take side of Bhai Anoop Singh Ji but just to point out what I heard from his tongue.. and if he changes his statements like this then I believe this is a major problem..!

VJKK VJKF

Ok jio listen up. I was involved in a very similar discussion a while back about this very same issue and i was really annoyed with the organisers (including Charanpreet Singh) for not allowing people to freely record these programmes in Gurdwaras.

i still am annoyed however a LOT less and agree with Charanpreet Singh. The sangat wont get ne fulfillment (which is what these events are supposed to do) if they are gonna get annoyed at suming whilst keertan is going on. We need to minimalise these annoyances as much as possible. Now i tell u wot i think is annoying... 10 - 15 different cameras recording the same smagam.. all doing one thing - recording the same thing! So we should keep it minimal. Now people are not totally banned from recording however its a humble request that no one needs to record as the photos, audio and video shall be best quality than neone else can get and will be available openly once produced. Its better than cameras everywhere, flashes going off every 2 seconds and more microphone stands on the stage than the whole sangat.

Its a shame... the Gurdwaras have spent thousands to bring Atam Ras Keertan and its not fair we should diss them this way. Thanks to everyone who helped bring them here.

i can see where ure all comin from and i too thought like that a few months ago. But having helped organise the Wolverhampton Atam Ras Keertan which began onli today i can see how difficult it is.

There ARE people there doing their own recordings but if it gets to the stage where theres too many people recording n faffling about every 2 minutes then i dont think the sangat will be too happy and people will be asked to not record. Aud

io is not a problem as long as its only one mic and its not gettin in way of neone or nething like camcorders and photos arent reli a problem as long as ppl dont get up every 5 mins to take a photo and use flashes. They dont allow that in Harimandir Sahib so we shudnt allow it here in our Gurdwaras.

Sorry if i said nething wrong. End of the day, Alpha Punjabi is a gud channel that promotes Sikhi too... it cant run on homemade ladoo.. it needs funding so it has to think like a business.

oh and heres some fotos from the 30th August (Mondays) Atam Ras programme in Wolverhampton... click on the link below....!

http://www.sikhifm.net/PHOTOS/atamras/atamras_ss1/

ya it looked like a good event, shame quite a few in the sangat wasnt covering their heads/hair while in the presence of the open darbar.

the open stage idea seems to be a better and more sensible alternative when gurdwaras are too small for large public gatherings rather than taking guroo sahib into a hall thats used for commiting kuraits

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Aman Singh jee these guys don't look like kirtanees to me, they look more like some bhangara party, all dressed up. If they have any fear of the guru they would be in gurmukhi bana, a gurmukhi dastaar, a HUZOORIA.

Wearing a gurmukhi bana with a hazooria makes a person look and feel like a sewadaar. Having humility starts for the outside first. Wearing the bana makes a person feel different and having a sense of duty to do sewa. From the looks of it these Atam Rass kirtanaee dont want to look like the sewadars of the guru.

What they do is far from kirtan, most of it is useless katha. Kirtan should be in pure raags, the way kirtan was ment to be sung. And these guys pump up like 5 vajai(just took a look at the link you posted) all at once. What kind of gurmat is that? Where is that maryada is that. That is not done at any historical gurdwara. If the sangat does not realize what is happening this will surely become the norm

ieh lok iPlmI tUnW nwl BolI BwlI sMgq nMU v`s krdy hn[

In 1999 Naranjan Singh(jawadhi kalan) was the only atam ras ragi that I listend to, I didn't know anything about him. I saw him in a gurmukhi libaas(bana) and was really impressed. I had great respect for him. And now I saw this recent video of him without a hazooria, i vowed not to listen to his kirtan or promote him. That was the one thing that attracted me to his personality.

Today we have a

model maryada for kirtan. The maryada of Shri Darbaar Sahib, Amritsar. That should be followed throught. There are some things that could have been improved, but that is the best we have....

gurU swihb jI swirAW nMU smiq bHSx!!!!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

>>>>>>>I remember attending a local Kirtan diwan by Bhai Anoop Singh Ji and Bhai Sadhu Singh Ji. This diwan was setup to raise money for the building of a new Gurdwara Sahib in a nearby town which didn't have any place for Sangatta to gather and after the diwan Bhai Anoop Singh ji made it clear that if Sangat of the new Gurdwara Sahib wanted any more programs of the IKC they would have to make sure that the Gurdwara Sahib follows Sri Akal Takhat Sahib maryada and especially the langar rule of chair and tables was enforced many times..<<<<<<<<<<<

Anoop Singh (una wala) was at the Abbotsford Gurdwara about a year and half ago. And he was there for like a month. My uncle told me about this. These people will do anything for a few $$$'s. No wonder the parchaar that they do has no effect on the general sangat.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!