Ataam Raas organisers SELL recording rights?

KhalsaSingh

dont u question where i stand in this matter.
yes sorry mr big organiser singh ^_^^_^^_^
You dont really know jack

really, that could possibly explain why im asking questions wouldnt it?

Yes, Alpha TV Etc punjabi channel has given maya to ragi keertani to come to the UK for these smagams but the no copyright has been infringed.
i dont recall asking about that at all, again, read my initial post.
run a website Sikhifm.com and the audio and video from these events will be available in a few days time..

if u pump urself up a bit more will u explode?

cud i or even Charanpreet do that if zee networks had the copyright?
yet again, nothing to do with anything i asked.
this topic to have digs at him for not replying.

yes ur right yet again, im not trying to find out if u sold recording rights to alpha, im not trying 2 have a discussion on charnpreets incorect use of calling me a fundamentalist, im not trying to find out if this program is predicated on and based on and fundamentally promoted on names and faces, and promoting fanism i.e. anti gurmat. im not trying to find out if these programs violate maryad, its just all a personall attack!

u ppl have quite big egos to think my investigation is targeted at u rather than actually answering even 1 of the points i have raised which again no-one on this thread had done! how many more times do i have to repost the same questions b4 i get an answer!?

Trust me, i aint best buds with him but i think wots right is r

ight

thats is not my concern.
wanted him to reply u shuda PM'd him personally not try to slander him

that is not your concern.

but just to entertain it neway, if u look at the origional thread that this was based on the specific targeting of charnpreet singh i.e. the part in the 1st post about fundamentalist only came after charnpreet singh resorted to using lables (wrongly i might add) as a personal attack on me.

secondly since the topics which i have raised r public issues i see no reason why it should be discussed behind closed doors, oh but thats right im just making a personal attack, i dont have any point to what im saying.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ure so clever(!)

chalo theeka neway! I aint gona drag this out ne longer; ure jus chattin... like i stepped in suming.

But this issue has been raised before and people i think made their own minds up from that - u have a problem with the organisers of the events, then do please contact Charanpreet Singh or someone personally... not to keep raising this topic over n over again hunna.

Gal khattam

Bhul chuk maaf karna

Dear KhalsaSingh Veerji - firstly lakh lakh vadhiya on Maharaja's 400th prakash. I've been lucky enough to attend 8 of the Atam Ras keertans to date - So I'm going to try to answer your questions based on what I've been to & seen so far and hopefully put an end to this post :-

1) there will be no ridiculously bright flash distracting both the kirtanee and sangat as a whole or individually when sevadar points to specific individuals

This has not been a problem at any of the Atam Ras events to date. The main empahasis has been on the sangat enjoying the programmes.

2) there will be no extreem zoomins to the point i can see up each and ever individuals nose

Nope didn't see this either.

3) the gurdwara sound system will be upgraded or some other sound system will be used so that the sound will be good

Both Nanaksar Walsall Pleck & Chapel Town Leeds had brand new sound systems so yeah, the sound has been good everywhere so far, and it was excellent in the park.

4) the sevadar will not be up and down every 2 secs showing his rear consantly either to sangat or guroo sahib

The ETC camera men set their cameras up, and then sat down - there was no constant moving around or anything.

5)Is this program based on whos coming i.e. all the various famous sants etc....?? (note its gonna be hard for u to say no given the way its been promoted but lets see)

Erm - the programs appear to have been organised to get as many people as possible to celebrate the 400th prakash of our Guru Sahib over the month of Aug/Sept. The organisers have organised the event. Whether or not the sangat turns up is not in their control. But if th

e sangat does turn up in large numbers, then that is obviously a good thing. If the sangat do turn up in large numbers due to what you call 'fanism' you can't have a go at the organisers for that - I'm afraid you're going to have to have a go at the sangat themselves.

Try and make it to one of the events, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Finally veer thank you, i just wished the organisers did this in the first place for further clarification.

so i can now conclude that the reasons for not allowing anyone else to record r not being contradicted by their own camerasinghs. thanks

a couple of outstanding points:

have recording rights been sold to alpha????????????????????

also with regards to point 5)

ive been going to most of the events in my locality and i do enjoy them, what i dont enjoy is explotation of kirtan based on the fanism concept.

from the way it has been advertised u can see quite clearly theres alota emphasis on whos coming, also alota ragis have quite a large fan base, this is evident by the fact that theres alot more sangat than ususal when some famous ragi jatha comes. this would equate to fanism i.e. going to a kirtan prog based on whos coming/doing the kirtan rather than the kirtan itself. any program therefore making specific promotions of various famous ragis in order to gain sangat are thus encouraging fanism. which is therefore anti gurmat.

another point i have is that i belive that basic maryda is not being upheld at the programs i.e. non sikhs being on stage. (by non sikhs i mean not bein intiated a sikh by guroo sahib)

also thanks for answering, this is all i needed, shame the ataam raas sevadars were not able to climb down from their homai tree and answer my questions instead of viewing them as a personal attack.

also just too add on another note, charnpreet singh if u reading u still not given any response to ur incorrect use of labling me a fundamentalist! its really difficult to admit being wrong isnt it!