Introduction To Vairaag Shatak....rajah Bharthari

• 1 year later...

First of all I do not understand why this thread has been allowed in a Sikh site where poetry written by a Nath (follower of Gorakhnath.) is being discussed in Such amanner as if it is the most sacred Psalm of the world , Did the person has not find solace in Gurbani , that raises genuine doubts about him being a real SINGH. If he is one could he not discuss at such lenght the Banis of Sidh Gost , Sukhmani Sahib and any other Banis . As we all know the Vairagya of the Genre the Sidhs were propagating ( it made Common Indian the kind of Coward which the Great Gurus of Us tried to remove .

in short the teachings of Sidhs are not in Tune with the philosophy of Sikh Faith and has no place to be discussed at this forum

First,i amnot contesting credentials of anybody including yourself, next is it proven fact that the poetry inder discussionwas written after ,as per you he became sikh of our first kaml murshid sahib.As far I know Bhrthari (not bhagirath as you refered ) who wrote this poetry was brother of king Vikramaditya ( who started Vikrami samvat since his accension on thron of Ujjayini & that dates back to 1500 alp years before the time of SG nanak deve ji ( the meeting historically is out of qudstion. Second the phillosophy of nath sampradaya is not in tune with sikh way & view of life which teaches not to run away from social life .

We may study scripturesof otherfaiths & various lines of thinking for comparartive study and update for answdring querries during discussions but quoting naths as gurmukhs very humbly speaking is taking things too far ( only awayward sikh may think on these lines)Have you come across any nath sect follower accepting tht Gorakhnath accepted Guru ji as his Guru,no you will not .I have personally visited HQ of nath sampraday at Gorakhpur and no found any such evidence . they teach idol worshipping .have their own scriptures . hence allway different from our faith.

Please make differention btween our faith n others and keep discussion on logical & historical facts only

Bhul chuk maaf WGKKWGKF

^^ waheguru ji.....raja bhagirath met Guru Nanak Sahib which changed his life and he became a Gursikh.

fyi: some sidh jogis like gorakh nath became Guru sahib's followers too.

We should not raise our finger at anyone if we don't have enough knowledge about the topic.

Bhai Mokham Singh ji is very respected and learned Singh and he has earned this respect with Guru sahib's kirpa.

First,i amnot contesting credentials of anybody including yourself, next is it proven fact that the poetry inder discussionwas written after ,as per you he became sikh of our first kaml murshid sahib.As far I know Bhrthari (not bhagirath as you refered ) who wrote this poetry was brother of king Vikramaditya ( who started Vikrami samvat since his accension on thron of Ujjayini & that dates back to 1500 alp years before the time of SG nanak deve ji ( the meeting historically is out of qudstion. Second the phillosophy of nath sampradaya is not in tune with sikh way & view of life which teaches not to run away from social life .

We may study scripturesof otherfaiths & various lines of thinking for comparartive study and update for answdring querries during discussions but quoting naths as gurmukhs very humbly speaking is taking things too far ( only awayward sikh may think on these lines)Have you come across any nath sect follower accepting tht Gorakhnath accepted Guru ji as his Guru,no you will not .I have personally visited HQ of nath sampraday at Gorakhpur and no found any such evidence . they teach idol worshipping .have their own scriptures . hence allway different from our faith

^^ waheguru ji.....raja bhagirath met Guru Nanak Sahib which changed his life and he became a Gursikh.

fyi: some sidh jogis like gorakh nath became Guru sahib's followers too.

We should not raise our finger at anyone if we don't have enough knowledge about the topic.

Bhai Mokham Singh ji is very respected and learned Singh and he has earned this respect with Guru sahib's kirpa.

the Headlines of this Section reads -

This section is for articles and discussions related to Sri Dasam Granth Sahib, Banis of Bhai Gurdas Ji, Bhai Nand Lal Ji, Janam Saakhi

and other important Sikh scriptures.

Now can the Administrator please clarify that book under reference falls under which of these catagories specified in the Heading when it is not a bani of Dasam Pitaji , Jan am Saakhi , written by bhai Nand Lalji /Bhai Gurdaas Ji - do the 1adminidtrators think it is an important sikh scripture ?

Please do not try to ridicule my querry it is a serious Question about what can be discussed with devotion and what to be discussed critically vis a vis Gurbani & compared to Gurmat

the Headlines of this Section reads -

This section is for articles and discussions related to Sri Dasam Granth Sahib, Banis of Bhai Gurdas Ji, Bhai Nand Lal Ji, Janam Saakhi

and other important Sikh scriptures.

Now can the Administrator please clarify that book under reference falls under which of these catagories specified in the Heading when it is not a bani of Dasam Pitaji , Jan am Saakhi , written by bhai Nand Lalji /Bhai Gurdaas Ji - do the 1adminidtrators think it is an important sikh scripture ?

Please do not try to ridicule my querry it is a serious Question about what can be discussed with devotion and what to be discussed critically vis a vis Gurbani & compared to Gurmat

This question is directed to the Administrators of the Site

Bhai Mohkam Singh ji , after the Formal Gur Fateh , Would i request you humbly that vairag as stated in Gurbani is different from that which is proclaimed in the book referred by you , have you studied and understood enough of Gurbaani , Im afraid you need some more , else you wouldnot have been so impressed by the nath mat who ran away from difficulties of routines of life and started living in woods , there was no feeling of SARBAT DA BHALA in their minds , after achieving so many Ridhi & sidhis became Ahankaris .And the way of life shown by our great Gurus teaches us to be VICHE GIRHI VICHE UDASI and the first tenets of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji were- KIRT KARO , NAAM JAPO - VAND CHAKO (while naaths were living parasites of our society )

In general , as said earlier I am not against discussing books of other faiths critically , not on equal footings with Gurbani & baani of sikhs who spent thier lives in company of Satgurus perfectly in tune with the teachings of Sikhi

hence any literature which leads the reader to renunciation(sanyaas) way is not acceptable to be discussed as equivalent to Gurbaani .because the final teachings of these books are not in tune with Sikh way of Life , overall the decision lies with the Administrators which may still like to allow such things which confuse the minds of Lay persons in Sikhi

Mr Mohkam singh -

-Did you learn about Vairag fromm Reading this book only and not from Gurbaani?

-Do you concern renunciation of the word and becoming begger avery big virtue ( which is diametrically opposite to the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib)?

- in your opinion were the naths jogis were free from the vices of Krodh & ahankar & jelousy - which did not show from thir behaviour with Baba Sri Guru Nanak dev Ji

My straight question to you is - did you not find teachings of Guru Sahib enough to awaken the Vairaag in you ? that you find it necessary to emphasise the need to refer to that book.

• The topic was unpinned