Brum Visit

Hi everyone.

I'm off to Brum in a couple of weeks for a two day visit. I’ve never been to this city before.

Can anyone advise me on places to visit and also places that I should stay clear of???

I’m coming from London and heard some areas are quite bad up there.

My Interests include. historical Monuments, places of interest, scenic places with good views ie country side and Asian shopping stores.

I would also like to visit the main temple in Birmingham. But I’m not sure where it’s located??

Thanks

J Singh

Guest Amy

Visit Soho Road, you'll find the main gurdwara there as well as many Asian stores to visit! Historical monument wise there is Soho House local to there where Matthew Boulton worked and lived, I think.

You can go into Birmingham town centre where you can visit the Bullring shopping centre and theres the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery by Victoria Square in the city centre too. There's also lots of nice restaurants in the city centre too and you can visit the new Spiceal Street just behind Bullring where there are a few yummy places to eat :)

Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy your visit :)

Allot of brum is like london a 3rd world dump.

i have 33 yrs experience of this city.

Villa park is nice, handsworth park is too. We have Birmingham eye, and there's a bus tour of the city goes broad street and the bull ring.

Since 1993 the city has changed with Somilians kurds iraqis and allsorts of other people, who cant speak English and gettoize our city.

Smethwick is mainly a punjabi area.

Birmingham i think still has museum you may want to go there, ICC, historical monuments can be found on Broad Steet, outside the marriage office.

The rag market and flea market is proper old school

Thanks for the advice on my visit to Brum. I kind of already heard about the famous Soho road

in a bhangra song. lol

Ill definantly keep the places in mind that have been mentioned. i guess the main punjabi areas are mainly in the west of the city..