Dowry

Guest gupt

I m gng to marry a amritdhari boy, he is very nice in everything. But he said me that his father thinking is that if, in life the boy(groom) suffer from some financial crisis then the girl(bride) parents should be strong financially to help the boy(groom).

The boy is agree with his parents thought. He said to me that this is practical life not bookish. If the need arises then we can take help from ur parents.

Is this right?????? Is this dowry?????????????

While knowing this & while knowing that my parents are of middle class family. I should marry him???????

The boy and his family are beggars and are begging for dowry from your family.

Keep away from these greedy, bloodsucking parasites.

They are a blot on society and don't even think of going anywhere near these scoundrels.

Doesn't matter if she is working or not.

penji this is totally wrong and i am disgusted at them asking this from their future daughter in law.

This is indirect dowry, they are already planning their future which only god knows. And i feel would only be marrying you for matlab.

Only god knows Wat Will happen and it only shows they got no faith waheguru.

This is exactly the things Guru Amar Das ji Maharaj stopped when they gave equal rights to women.

I went through this situation when my family were approached by relatives for my hand in marriage.

The guy asked me direct if i would help him financially in future if he wanted to start a business. So i said no to his face and when the relatives asked my answer to the rishta, i said no even thou everybody was saying think about it he is nice guy, bla bla.

If that's the thinking before marriage then that's Wat they want.

If I were to marry a girl and then fell on hard times, I wouldn't go to her. I'd go to my own family - my parents, my grandparents. I wouldn't even go to my sisters or my aunts/uncles.

As others have said, asking money from in-laws is shameful. Even if I were to lose everything and become a beggar, it would be better than to go and ask for help from them.

As others have said, we need more information. Is your potential partner's family poorer than you? There's a big difference if your family are multi-millionaires and his family are on minimum wage than if it were the other way round.

It is very suspicious and I would talk to your own parents about what the boy and his family have said.

http://www.samachar....f0aKbebedc.html

Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi

Sat, May 26

New Delhi:

In an shocking incident, a 27-year-old woman in south Delhi Friday killed her two infants - a boy and a girl - before committing suicide after killing her two children, police said.

Vineeta Katara, her daughter Harshita, 3, and son Arpit, 1 and a half were found dead in their residence at Deluxe Apartments at Chhattarpur in Mehrauli.

"Vineeta's and her daughter's body was found hanging from ceiling fan while her son's body was lying on the floor," a police official said.

No suicide note has been found but the investigation has been launched to ascertain the reason of this extreme step, he added.

According to the officials, Katara had earlier come to Mehrauli Police Station to

lodge a complaint against her in-laws for harassing her for dowry

. Later, she called her brother in Kota (Rajasthan) to inform him of her complaint.

Around 3 p.m., police got a call from Katara's brother, who had been unable to contact his sister. A police team rushed to their home and discovered the bodies.

"The bodies have been sent for post-mortem but it seems that she first strangulated her son, then hung her daughter and herself from the ceiling fan," a police official said.

Katara had lodged a complaint against her husband Deepak, her brother-in-law and other family members. The couple had married six years ago and were living in a rented accomodation.

Police said that Deepak, a nursing student at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, had been questioned and investigation was under way.