Gurbani From Bhagats & Bhats in SGGSJ

ms514

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

SaadhSangat,

I have a few questions regarding Gurbani by Bhagats & Bhats such Bhagat Farid Ji, Bhagat Kabir Ji, Bhagat Ravidas and all others in Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

I've been confused on this for some time......

1) How do we regard these Bhagats? ie. As Hindu/ Muslim or as Gur Kai Sikh?

2) Did all the Bhagats & Bhats recieve Charan Pahul Amrit to regard themselves as Sikh?

3) If we regard them as Muslim/Hindu, then isn't that just supporting the views of some Muslim and Hindus who say Sikhism is a mixture of these 2 religions?

4) I've heard some Sikhs say that Sikhism is all the best parts taken from Islam and Hinduism. What are your views on this?

Can Sangat Jee elaborate on these questions. Sorry for the complete lack of knowledge and understanding.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

To all the Cyber SaadhSangat, Vadhaeeyaa on Guru Granth Sahib Jee's 400 Years Parkash Utsav.

May Waheguru Jee Bless us with Naam & understanding of Gurbani.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

"Understand something, no True Guru belongs to any religion. You cannot tie a True Guru to a lable. "

With all due respect, care to explain Guru Gobind Singh Ji taking amrit, becoming a member of the Khalsa Panth and saying that that Panth is his Roop?

good question, i've removed my post, but i will contemplate on your question to get an answer to explain my p.o.v.

Reason i removed my post was that i don't further want to create false doubt in the sangat by my views.

Waheguru.

"na koi hindu, na ki mualmaan"

words of guru nanak dev ji.

why debate over this? why debate over worldly things? god doesnt see someone as hindu, or musla, or sikh, or one better than the other. we are all his children and will hopefully end up going the same way, the path of truth, the path of light, the path of god.

there maybe many paths, but at the end of the day, you may choose a certain path, but ultimatly you'll go to god.

the bhaghats wrote similar things to what the guru believed in.

you dont need to know what religion they were, all you need to know is that they were just like all of us, and were the children of god.

but perhaps, one may call them sikhs, seeing they were followers of their dharam. a sikh is someone who is a learner of their religion (or a study), religion is a study of how to meet god.

my theory, this shouldnt be discussed. but if you really want to call them by something, then sikh, because everyone who has a religion (be it musla, or hindu) is a sikh as well.

bhol chukke muaff.

they were sikhs. how can someone who is not a sikh write about gursikhi? the only way is they were sikhs.

If by sikhs you mean those who are Seekers/Learner then surely everyone is a sikh. But if yuo are trying to lable them into the religin of Sikhism, then surely that cannot be. Bhagat kabir ji was on this world before Guru Nanak Dev ji and had no contact with them, so how can you say he was a sikh?

Sat Sri Akal:

"Understand something, no True Guru belongs to any religion. You cannot tie a True Guru to a lable. "

With all due respect, care to explain Guru Gobind Singh Ji taking amrit, becoming a member of the Khalsa Panth and saying that that Panth is his Roop?

veer ji,

Firstly a few question, When Guru Gobind Singh ji took Amrit from the 5, who did he take the Amrit for himself or to show us the power that the 5 Piyaray posses which is in equal to the Guru himself.

Was Guru Gobind Singh ji any less before he took amrit and became more divine after he took the Amrit? Or was he equally divine regardless.

Waheguru