Sex Attacker On Royal Barge During Jubilee Pageant

Pyara

@ dalsingh - I completely understand where you're coming from, but sometimes - and without typing an essay as I haven't got it in me today - as a minority we need some fellas to kiss butt in order to get our point of view (or an aggregation of our POV) across to the folk who run things.

We can't be the 'too-cool-for-school' lot or even the 'angry foreigners' forever on the fringes because nobody will ever listen to what we have to say, and the rights and reputation we do have will slowly erode over time because no progress is being made to further our interests. But like I said I do share your overall opinion on this situation.

@ dalsingh - I completely understand where you're coming from, but sometimes - and without typing an essay as I haven't got it in me today - as a minority we need some fellas to kiss butt in order to get our point of view (or an aggregation of our POV) across to the folk who run things.

We've had that Inderjit Singh guy of the Sikh messenger and this Rana bloke doing this for ages, what has it achieved?

The last big fight we had as Sikhs here was regarding the right to wear a pagh, decades ago.

I know that Inderjit has tried to push the issue of Sikh girls being targeted for conversions for a while, but as far as I can tell, it had NO effect.

We can't be the 'too-cool-for-school' lot or even the 'angry foreigners' forever on the fringes because nobody will ever listen to what we have to say, and the rights and reputation we do have will slowly erode over time because no progress is being made to further our interests. But like I said I do share your overall opinion on this situation.

Look, I can't bring myself to agree with this toadyism, but then if we actually had some tangible benefit from it, a man might reluctantly stomach it. We haven't even got into the knotty issue of having sycophant, sniveling types as prominent 'figure heads' of our people and the negative image this projects. All it does is make other weak minded sheep amongst us aspire to be similarly poncy, so that they too can 'uplift' themselves in the shadows of other's perceived 'greatness'.

Give me a forthright, independent fellow every time. Like we aren't on the fringes, even with lick battys in our community.

It's like we have serious race relations issues in this country but they just wheel out some willingly docile Sikh <banned word filter activated> as some sort of deflection technique to show everyone all is well. lol

weak

Plus, the royal family FULL WELL knew this man's past (at least prince charles did).

Some one said it before: It that the best we can do? What they used to call the 'apeing woggery' in colonial times. Plus it says a lot about these white establishment jerks, that they can only except someone if they have completely succumbed to their own mannerisms and becomes a mirror of them. That's really broad minded.......... lol

Rant over and out....for the time being.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think some 'royalist' has attacked me with the <div> thing again.......

lol

admin!

Your post is straining my eyes, Dalsingh!

Occasionally it's less about achieving (although it should be, in an ideal world) but more about being seen around and about the right people and the right places.

Also, as much as I agree with your views on this particular issue even the elitist of elites have to "play the game" to get somewhere. How a Sikh is expected to come in and shake things up and then ride off into the sunset is beyond me. I'm not saying it's impossible but this current era is not when it's going to be happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending these guys and their motivations but I also do see the need for some kind of Sikh presence in these circles. Whether it'll help us get anything done is debatable.

We need a mixture of representatives and we do have them. The 'networking/coconut' type may not be your cup of tea but we still need them. We need everyone; from the Federation campaigning for Khalistan, hardcore slogan chanting and raising awareness about human rights, the suit and tie networkers for developing relationships with the royals, government and house of lords etc, the Rana types with an interest in Sikh history for preserving and raising awareness about Sikh historical artefacts and putting on exhibitions in the UK, the Sikh Council for providing a voice on issues of common interest such as dastaar searching at airports and kirpan issues, and inner city thugs who kick peoples heads in when required. Everyone has their place.

' All it does is make other weak minded sheep amongst us aspire to be similarly poncy, so that they too can 'uplift' themselves in the shadows of other's perceived greatness. '

Dont think there is too much danger of the above. At the end of the day people in certain situations will do what is required in order to play the game so that their agenda is fulfilled. If that means they have to play to the ruling classes, then so be it. Its not for everyone. However, to completely shun those who engage in this kind of activity would be missing valuable opportunities, in my opinion.

Incidentally, Muslims are a good community to learn form. They wield alot of power in the UK. Partly because of their numbers and partly because they know how to play the game. They have infiltrated all the main political parties, councils and institutions all over the UK. They have the ability to portray a moderate facade and demonstrate willingness for integration on one hand, but still carry a strong sense of who they are, their religion, their identity and their values.

I hear you Kalyugi, but we just seem to attract poncy, publicity loving twats into those positions.

Personally I think we need to discourage that type of personality in the panth if possible! lol

Plus be real, British royalty is some redundant, remnant, powerless iconism, if we want to influence power, that's not a tree to bark up.

We need to be focusing on internal cohesion and organisation at this point - that is where real strength lies, not as some rectal parasite of another community.

Plus be real, British royalty is some redundant, remnant, powerless iconism, if we want to influence power, that's not a tree to bark up.

That's what they want us to believe. I wouldn't buy the official line about them being totally hands-off -- without going into lizards and Satanic territory. :biggrin2:

When they want to get things done, they do. Example: http://www.telegraph...ect-claims.html and http://www.guardian....ecotowns-labour. Expect more if he becomes King.

Around the time William got married, a few newspapers ran articles on his mates and acquaintances from back in the Eton and Edinburgh uni days, and clearly those people are all at the top of their respective fields. The guy has the ear of many people who can get things done -- and whilst direct connections will never be made, intermediaries, 3rd parties, etc. will always step-in to dilute the link when things need to happen. So whilst it may appear as if the Royal Family is just a symbolic organisation, I wouldn't say they are completely toothless.

^^^

Okay, I get the bit about 'playing the game' - as much as I hate the compromises that usually brings. But, as I said in my last post, our cohesion is pretty appalling as a community right now, once we nail that (if we can) then we can come from a position of strength - other than that, people like the Ranas of the world just appear to be the modern equivalent of a 'nabob' of colonial times, someone kept in place as a token gesture as evidence of something which is not true. And that seems to be exactly what this twat was up too, I mean how many ground level apnay really give a toss about polo matches between snobs for instance. Okay, he has done some good stuff with museums, I'll give him that but the publicity seeking was unnecessary. He should have worked as sewadar and got stuff done behind the scenes.

However, to completely shun those who engage in this kind of activity would be missing valuable opportunities, in my opinion.

Exactly what sort of 'valuable opportunities' do you think we are in danger of missing? I'd be grateful if you could fill me in?

If there is one bloke whitey Brits seem to uniformly detest, it must be Prince Charles......

lol

That's the problem. These types of Sikhs want a bit of the goldust to rub off on them as well. They'll never be content with selfless seva.

Well, he certainly got his 'gold dust'........

hhmmmm

It's like they say, those who should be leaders never will be because they don't have the selfish characteristics that is usually required for such positions.