Sex Attacker On Royal Barge During Jubilee Pageant

Pyara

Around the time William got married, a few newspapers ran articles on his mates and acquaintances from back in the Eton and Edinburgh uni days, and clearly those people are all at the top of their respective fields. The guy has the ear of many people who can get things done -- and whilst direct connections will never be made, intermediaries, 3rd parties, etc. will always step-in to dilute the link when things need to happen. So whilst it may appear as if the Royal Family is just a symbolic organisation, I wouldn't say they are completely toothless.

So fill me in, how could ar5elicking potentially help Sikhs?</div>

What, you think they nobs are going silently agree to hire more Sikhs or some crap like that? Serious?

Boy we have fallen really low....

^^^

Okay, I get the bit about 'playing the game' - as much as I hate the compromises that usually brings. But, as I said in my last post, our cohesion is pretty appalling as a community right now, once we nail that (if we can) then we can come from a position of strength - other than that, people like the Ranas of the world just appear to be the modern equivalent of a 'nabob' of colonial times, someone kept in place as a token gesture as evidence of something which is not true. And that seems to be exactly what this twat was up too, I mean how many ground level apnay really give a toss about polo matches between snobs for instance. Okay, he has done some good stuff with museums, I'll give him that but the publicity seeking was unnecessary. He should have worked as sewadar and got stuff done behind the scenes.

Exactly what sort of 'valuable opportunities' do you think we are in danger of missing? I'd be grateful if you could fill me in?

Regarding your points about nabobs from colonial times. I feel that I can provide a convincing counter argument. Lets take the royal states of Punjab in the Malwa region. Many Sikhs regard the descendants of the Phulkian Misl and princely states such as Patiala to be traitors of the kaum. After all, during the Anglo-Sikh wars when the proud Sikh empire stood up to the British, they chose to side with the British and provide them with support. We lost our kingdom. The dynasty of Maharajah Ranjit Singh was wiped off from the planet. However the dynasties of the treacherous Sikh kingdoms were able to survive. They were rewarded by the British for their services with the usual land and wealth etc. and maintained some nominal powers.

Fast forward 100 years to the 1940s. Maharjah Ranjit Singh's dysnasty no longer exists. However, the dynasties of Patiala, Jind, Nabha and Faridkot are now the patrons of Sikhism. They funded schools, sports, gurdwaras, sikh arts, set up regiments in the army (employment opportunities for Sikhs) and much more. Not only that, their kingdoms become hotbeds for Sikh political activity against the British. The jaito morchas and singh sabha movements were accelerated when the Maharajah of Nabha, a known Akali sympathiser, was removed from the throne by the British. All of this was happening on the back of the investments made by treachery, brown-nosing and self-interest.

I agree with you that grass roots apnay dont give a toss about polo matches between snobs etc, however, the point that I am trying to make is that progress in our community must take place from the grassroots level and right up to the elite levels. It shouldnt just be dismissed as a meaningless poncy activity that has no bearing or influence on the rest of the community. Who do you think the establishment would rather engage with? A poncy wine tasting uncle tom or a taksali singh in a bana? Or maybe a Singh in SP wearing a tracksuit from sparkhill?

Believe it or not but people like Inderjit Singh and Rana do carry alot of influence through the networks that they have developed. Sure, you may not regard links with Prince Charles as having any value but the Royals still do carry influence over certain things. For example, they have always patronised arts and exhibitions and many items of Sikh historical interest are still filed under royal collections. So for someone like Rana, who is trying to do work in the historical/heritage field, these links become very important.

Whenever there is a serious community issue eg the motorcycle helmet issue etc, on the grass roots you will have the mobs who will be demonstrating, shouting, ranting and raving. They will be led by more extreme leaders with entrenched views. However, when it comes to actually consulting the community and solving the problems, given the choice, the establishment will choose to deal with the moderate voice of the community over the extremist one. That goes for India as well as in Britain. Of course you need the mobs shouting and extreme sloganeering to apply pressure, but ultimately it is the 'ponces' that the establishment will speak to rather than the extremists.

The fact is, brown-nosing works. It is not dignified and it is not is not endearing. For every one charismatic leader with fearless and independent views, there have been ten thousand brown-nosing snakes that have slithered their way into top positions and top jobs. Everyone knows that they are suck ups and two-faced but they still make it to the top and they still get their way.

Regarding the point about 'valuable opportunities', I will say that it depends on the individual and their niche area. For Rana, the obvious ones will relate to matters of Sikh heritage, historical artefacts, return of artefacts to our community/India, education of Sikh youth of their history via exhibitions, tours and multimedia etc. I dont know what you make of the Maharajah Duleep Singh statue and Sikh war memorials in Britain? I regard them to be solid hard legacy for Sikhs living in Britain.

Indarjit Singh's niche is race relations, interfaith movement and an 'educated and reasoned' Sikh voice in the media. The opportunites and potential gains will vary according to the individual, their interests and speciality.

So fill me in, how could ar5elicking potentially help Sikhs?</div>

What, you think they nobs are going silently agree to hire more Sikhs or some crap like that? Serious?

Boy we have fallen really low....

What are you talking about?!? I wasn't even referring to Sikhs in the post above! I was talking about the Royal Family's influence that you were arguing was nothing more than symbolic. I was suggesting they aren't as weak as you're saying they are. Sure you haven't got one eye on the TV watching the match?

What are you talking about?!? I wasn't even referring to Sikhs in the post above! I was talking about the Royal Family's influence that you were arguing was nothing more than symbolic. I was suggesting they aren't as weak as you're saying they are. Sure you haven't got one eye on the TV watching the match?

Okay, lets say the royal family are stronger than they appear.

How does a modern day nabob type crawling up their arse help us exactly?

I'm not too astute about these things, maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, fill me in?

Wait let me read fightingsingh's post first! lol

Okay, lets say the royal family are stronger than they appear.

How does a modern day nabob type crawling up their arse help us exactly?

I'm not too astute about these things, maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, fill me in?

I wasn't referring to the nabob or Sikhs in the above instance. I was talking about how the RF isn't as impotent as you think. Jeebus, step back dude. Relax for a while. Sit the next play out. Stop talking for a while. :blink2:

fightingsingh made some solid truthful (and sometimes difficult to swallow) points.

Though I must say, statues and plaques aren't really great achievements in my eyes. I grew up in London, full of historical statues and plaques, believe you me, people hardly take any notice.

Heritage wise, in terms of access to private collections - that I get.

I guess our weak point is ground level then....and it shows.

It was pretty imprudent of Charles to put Rana on that boat though.

Kaljugi, I was trying to multitask - thats my story and I'm sticking too it!

I guess our weak point is ground level then....and it shows.

I would say that we are weak everywhere. We suffer from serious lack of strategy and vision. As you have stated in your other posts, we have a terrible victim mentality and we enslave ourselves by not attempting to think outside the box and actively looking to provide solutions to our problems

A good job I can live in darkness then.....lol

Where the hell to start with this mess...

I guess everyone has to kick in, in their own small way for now, and people are. A large part of what you seem to be suggesting above looks like the effects of an anti-intellectual culture amongst us (not to suggest that intellectualism is the key to everything). I guess trying to raise our collective IQ isn't a bad place to make some endeavors amongst everything else.

I would say that we are weak everywhere. We suffer from serious lack of strategy and vision. As you have stated in your other posts, we have a terrible victim mentality and we enslave ourselves by not attempting to think outside the box and actively looking to provide solutions to our problems

The Panjabi cultural framework in terms of our day-to-day as well as long-term existence stymies any genuine originality. The expectation to conform and follow the set pattern of others in Panjabi society sends my head spinning. It frustrates and disheartens anyone who doesn't tick all the boxes -- or has no desire to follow the herd.

The expectation to conform and follow the set pattern of others in Panjabi society sends my head spinning. It frustrates and disheartens anyone who doesn't tick all the boxes -- or has no desire to follow the herd.

Well how much balls has someone got if they can't rock the boat a bit???