Ashamed

Guest singh87

Guest singh87

Gurfateh

I had a operation done two and a half years ago, I had a problem going to the toilet and I was too embarrased to go to a doctor about it. over time it got worse and I eventually went to the doctor who said the only solution is a circumsion operation (removal of the foreskin), I told him that this is against my faith and I don't want it done but he said it is the only solution. So after months of thinking whether to go thorugh with the operation I went through with it and now the problem is gone. I have now took amrit 2 months ago with Guru Jis Kirpa but I feel so ashamed about this operation and I dont feel like a proper singh becuase in the back of my mind I feel like I should not have got the operation done and just lived with the problem, just today I saw some people on the bus taking the piss out of muslims saying they anit real men they chop their ****** balls of, why would any1 want to do that to themselves, I felt really low and ashamed and feel like I wont be accepted by Waheguru because of this operation. I read bhai Taru singh Jis sakhi and think to myself he gave his life because he didnt want to give up his kesh, to him sikhi was priceless and what was it for me. (I am sorry moderators for this post as this should not be on a sikhi wesbite but I didnt know where esle to put it) Please advise Sad Sanagt Ji.

Bhul Chuk Marf

Singh,

I hope you feel better about where you are but please dont think you did the wrong thing. Circumcision is related to Islam and as such you may here some bad stuff about it. But you have done absolutely nothing wrong if it eases your mind maybe take a hukumnama.

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਮ: ੫ ॥(SGGS jeeo - Ang553)

Fifth Mehl:

ਘਟਿ ਵਸਹਿ ਚਰਣਾਰਬਿੰਦ ਰਸਨਾ ਜਪੈ ਗੁਪਾਲ ॥

Ghatt Vasehi Charanaarabindh Rasanaa Japai Gupaal ||

घटि वसहि चरणारबिंद रसना जपै गुपाल ॥

Let the Lotus Feet of the Lord abide within your heart, and with your tongue, chant God's Name.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਿਮਰੀਐ ਤਿਸੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਕਉ ਪਾਲਿ ॥੨॥

Naanak So Prabh Simareeai This Dhaehee Ko Paal ||2||

नानक सो प्रभु सिमरीऐ तिसु देही कउ पालि ॥२॥

O Nanak, meditate in remembrance on God, and nurture this body. ||2||

Gurbani says to Meditate & take care of our body.

What you did was due to a medical condition & not some muslim belief.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

i understand ur problem.. the reason you had to do what u did was for medical reasons.. not for other reasons to become a pleasure mongers. muslims say its removing it is for hygene, when the real reaso y its there is >because of< hygene. (near enuf the same functionality that our eye lashes have for our eyes). evolutionary terms, if its hang about, it wa bound to touch surfaces and other germy-fied places. so the forskin protected it from this.

fact is, u needed to remove it for a medical reason. people dont need to for faith reasons. if u need to amputate for a medica reason, theres no two ways about it.

dont feel bad, real people fix their problems.. (jushlyk uooav!) :)

fateh

Naanak So Prabh Simareeai This Dhaehee Ko Paal ||2||

नानक सो प्रभु सिमरीऐ तिसु देही कउ पालि ॥२॥

O Nanak, meditate in remembrance on God, and nurture this body. ||2||

Gurbani says to Meditate & take care of our body.

What you did was due to a medical condition & not some muslim belief.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

this means, in meditating on god, your body will be taken care of.

not exactly what u said the translation was.

lets not loose the meaning of bani in translation..

Medical reason you did nothing wrong. Just chill dude relaxx. Maybe now it looks ugly with marks etc.. but noone cares . You shouldnt as well. Lol or are you just the type of guys watching their thing 24 / 7? No, so relaxx.

@icuc

<banned word filter activated> you are talking about? HYGIENE? Where the <banned word filter activated> is this hygenie? If you cut your foreskin , it hurts for 6 weeks , it becomes red and issuspectible for infection etc.. Furthermore you are cutting away your nerves , that means you probably , if it did a bit wrong will feel nothing on the thing , it cna become that worse that you won´t even become an errection. Anyway - this is just assault on your own body ( if you do it on babys it assault on them ) Ther should be a law against circusim. The Foreskin is protecting, and if you wash your thing , never can go bad... Even if you have chopped of your foreskin - if you still don´t wash your thing - there still isnt any kind of hygiene.

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Here are some other versions of the same verse.

Contemplate over that Lord, O Nanak, and nurture this body of thine.

ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਉਸ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਆਰਾਧਨ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਆਪਣੇ ਇਸ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੀ ਪਾਲਨਾ ਪੋਸਨਾ ਕਰ।

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=554&g=1&h=0&r=0&t=2&p=1&k=0&fb=0

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Medical reason you did nothing wrong. Just chill dude relaxx. Maybe now it looks ugly with marks etc.. but noone cares . You shouldnt as well. Lol or are you just the type of guys watching their thing 24 / 7? No, so relaxx.

@icuc

<banned word filter activated> you are talking about? HYGIENE? Where the <banned word filter activated> is this hygenie? If you cut your foreskin , it hurts for 6 weeks , it becomes red and issuspectible for infection etc.. Furthermore you are cutting away your nerves , that means you probably , if it did a bit wrong will feel nothing on the thing , it cna become that worse that you won´t even become an errection. Anyway - this is just assault on your own body ( if you do it on babys it assault on them ) Ther should be a law against circusim. The Foreskin is protecting, and if you wash your thing , never can go bad... Even if you have chopped of your foreskin - if you still don´t wash your thing - there still isnt any kind of hygiene.

Circumcision to prevent future disease

Prevention of disease is the second most commonly given reason for circumcision after religious reasons, although the evidence that it has any beneficial effect on future health is very poor.

The practice is, more likely, rooted in cultural traditions, although western societies may find this an uncomfortable conclusion.

Penile cancer

Cancer of the <banned word filter activated> is an extremely rare disease and, in the early part of the last century, was almost unheard of in circumcised men.

However, there is some evidence that circumcision may only offer protection from penile cancer if done in childhood, and adult surgery may not offer any protection.

Poor personal hygiene, smoking and exposure to wart virus (human papilloma virus) increase the risk of developing penile cancer at least as much as being uncircumcised.

Circumcised men are more at risk from penile warts than uncircumcised men, and the risk of developing penile cancer is now almost equal in the two groups.

Therefore, routine circumcision cannot be recommended to prevent penile cancer.

Sexually transmitted diseases

Sexually transmitted diseases that cause ulcers on the genitals (syphilis, chancroid, herpes simplex) are more common in uncircumcised men.

However, urethritis or inflammation of the tube that carries urine through the <banned word filter activated> (caused by gonorrhoea and non-gonococcal urethritis) is more common in circumcised men, as are penile warts.

Yeast infection (caused by candida or thrush) is equally common in circumcised and uncircumcised men, although circumcised men are less likely to have symptoms with this infection so they are more likely to unknowingly pass on thrush to their sexual partners.

Far more effective and reliable methods than circumcision exist to reduce the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, such as the use of condoms and adoption of safer sexual practices. Thus circumcision cannot be recommended to prevent these infections.

Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection

Views conflict on whether circumcision can prevent HIV infection.

A recent review in the British Journal of Urology concluded that there is no link between having an intact foreskin and HIV infection, whereas another paper in the British Medical Journal takes exactly the opposite view.

Circumcision may be appropriate as a routine preventive measure only in regions that have a high rate of HIV infection, such as sub-Saharan Africa. The existing evidence is inadequate to recommend circumcision as an HIV-preventive measure in the UK.

Cervical cancer

A study in 1947 reported that Jewish women rarely developed cervical cancer and the author attributed this finding to the fact that their sexual partners were circumcised.

Further studies over the past 50 years have had contradictory conclusions, with experts enthusiastically championing the case for and against circumcision. The evidence is inadequate to recommend it as a preventive measure against cervical cancer.

Urinary tract infection (UTI)

Since 1987, several studies have suggested that uncircumcised male infants are up to 10 times more likely to contract a urinary tract infection (UTI). One in 100 uncircumcised infants will develop a UTI, compared with 1 in 1000 circumcised infants.

A UTI is not usually a great risk to health, so it does not seem reasonable to perform a surgical procedure on 100 infants to reduce the risk of one developing UTI.

Circumcision as an act of religious dedication

The circumcision of male children is a central feature of both Judaism and Islam. It is also important in many African and New World cultures.

An increasing number of committed Jewish and Muslim people reject circumcision on ethical grounds, although they are certainly the minority at present.

Attitudes to circumcision may provoke fierce hostility within families and among communities. In the past, wars have been fought, and thousands have died, to preserve the right to circumcise when rulers from other cultures forbade it.

Judaism

In the book of Genesis (17: 10-14), circumcision represents the covenant made by God with Abraham and his descendants.

Traditional religious circumcision is performed by a mohel (pronounced mo-hell in Hebrew or moyle in Yiddish). It is usually carried out on the eighth day after birth, unless there is a danger to the child's health, in which case it should be delayed until that danger has passed. In the UK, mohelim attend 40 to 50 circumcisions and have to pass practical and theoretical examinations during their training before performing circumcision alone.

Islam

The divine law or sharia defines every aspect of Muslim life. It is based upon the Holy Koran, the hadith (the sayings of the Prophet Mohammed) and the sunnah (Prophet's tradition).

All Muslims agree that these are the three sources of Islamic law, but different groups interpret their application in different ways. Circumcision is not mentioned in the Koran, but has the status of sunnah. Only the Shafiite school of law regards circumcision as obligatory (wajib), while the Hanafite, Jafarite, Malikite, Hanbalite and Zaidite regard it as only recommended, because it is sunnah.

Even those who consider circumcision an obligatory duty for themselves do not see it as an essential requirement for others to become a Muslim. However, the procedure is very commonly practised and is certainly seen as an important external symbol of submission to God's will.