Wedding and akhand Paath Cards

Sharan_Kaur

The Letter also says "KRODH(ANGER), HOMEY(EGO)" should be controlled. I don't think anybody is respecting u after u posing these kind of questions. If ravkaur444 don't answer till 30th jan my dear I will narrate another story this won't be fake. Guru Arjan Dev Ji will the there and time will there to retrospect way of thinking. Till then enjoy urself.

"YOU ARE NOT A SIKH BUT YOU ARE SIKHISM"

This above quote is from a post where a member quoted this line. It is hard to live to this line for a comman man like me. But when we look back into history we find an example. Prithi chand always thought himself as successor of Guru Ram Das Sahib ji and used all means to GET GURGADDI if I am allowed to say. But means were not the criteria, point was MERIT the above quote can be said as merit, Guru Ram das Sahib ji chose Guru Arjan Sahib as successor.

Time came when Kachi Baani was being sung Guru Arjan Sahib ji took daunting task to compile Dhur di baani as Aadi Granth. Guru Nanak Sahib Ji in Japji sahib puts a question "Kiv Sachiara Hoyie". Guru Arjan Sahib ji defined Sachiara and how to be a Sachiara. In the end he humbly call himself Nirguniar and thanks ALMIGHTY who showed him True Guru and completing the Aadi Granth.

Truth is always tested with hardness and bitterness. We know the history how Guru ji was tortured by pouring hot sand on him, make him to sit of hot iron plates and in boiling water. And in last he was drowned in river so he can suffer more because of his burns. His body was never found. We celeberate his martyrdom but we don't feel sorrow or grief that sikhs never found Guru ji's body and never got chance to cremate his body. Infact it motivates us, sikh should be ready for extreme sacrifies.

Its just you, with which point of view you stick with, showing respect to tuk of gurbaani on cards and showing respect to Guru Granth Sahib or you also live to the values of baani, that is what a sikh have to think.

In end the best way to understand what Guru Sahib expect from sikh is Mudavni Mahalla 5 at pg 1429. " Je koi khave, je koi bunche, tis ka hoye udaaro". Read whole of shabad.

No one throws dead body of there loved one or even its a stranger in a dustbin you pay proper respect and proper way is used, people of different religion have their own ways.

If anything related to Guru Granth Sahib, sikhs know how to show respect. I hope people understand.