Just a question

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I jus started doing paath a couple months back. I want to learn and understand more about Sikhi. I jus wanted to know a something so that I don't disrespect our panth unknowingly in any way.

I go to college and spend most of my day there. but i do have some time between my classes, that i can use to either so paath or naam simran. would it be a be-adbi if i take my Gutka in my school bag or leave it in my car or should i carry it in a different bag?

I don't wish to offend anybody. please help me. i need a lot of help to learn sikhi from the piaree sadh sangat like you.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

hey pajee.. ermm i don't know if this is good advice but i recently went to a camp and i saw a singh there who wore a banna but he always used to be doing paath :lol: and where he kept his gutka was in the pocket of his banna :T: i think if the gutka is covered and at a high place and is not put on the floor or in your bag on the floor and treated with respect then this should be ok aslong as it isn't near meat or sharab hunna :TH:

please forgive me if i have offended anyone

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

very good, you are doing great job.

its very good to read path.

just keep gutka covered and if it is small enough keep it in your shirt pocket

near your heart. it has to be kept at high place in car or in bag.

if you want to keep bag down you should remove gutka.

if you are amritdhari you know which path should be done when.

morning panj baniyan, night rehraas sahib & kirtan sohila.

for any other time you can recite chaupai saheb or japji saheb.

kandola ji ur explanation is good,but gutka can be kept in car and

also in school bag if u keep bag high.

just think there is no one at home when we all leave for some reason and lock the door of our house ,

at that time gutka is alone at our home , isn't.

And gutka is "ang" of guru saheb , not poora guru.

And darshan of guruji can only take place with shri guru granth saheb ji and not with gutka.

and why dont we all tell him that yes u can keep gutka along with u , but with due respect.thats all topic closed.

why we all r trying to frieghten him , which will have negative effect.

• 4 weeks later...

my suggestion is by a small pocket pc and do ure paath from that. I mean if u dont wanna risk doing beadbi, jus put it on a word file, which is binary data, and store it on ure ppc in which case, the information is only displayed when u want it displayed! n u can even have SikhiToTheMax on ppc.. the whole of Shabad Guru in the palm of ure hand. Its not that xpensive either nowadays... around 200 GB pounds... cheaper from places like ebay or dell..

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do this once in a while... where I take a gutka with me to do path @ Univ if I have time. If I have a shirt pocket, I keep it in there. Otherwise, I make sure it is wrapped up properly in some cloth and placed in my backpack either in a top pocket (if I have one) or ontop of my binders and stuff so that it doesn't fall down and remains on top. This should prevent any major problems :lol:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• was researching this and came back to this thread. Also found an older thread:    
    • Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!

Important Information

Terms of Use