Abuse By Trusted Religious Sikhs

Guest Rkaur

Guest Rkaur

Wearing a turban is supposed to demOnstrate that your Sikh and that follow Sikhi, so then why do some Sikhs abuse this by wearing a turban and then abusing vulnerable children? What do you do if someone in a trusted position does this to you? Who do you talk to? How do you stop them from preying on others as you're to weak to stop them and speak out. I'm really struggling here and need help. I need to believe that waheguru will help me to overcome the misery that is my life. Will he?

Guest sukhi

Wearing a turban is supposed to demOnstrate that your Sikh and that follow Sikhi, so then why do some Sikhs abuse this by wearing a turban and then abusing vulnerable children? What do you do if someone in a trusted position does this to you? Who do you talk to? How do you stop them from preying on others as you're to weak to stop them and speak out. I'm really struggling here and need help. I need to believe that waheguru will help me to overcome the misery that is my life. Will he?

It is too painful to read such stuff but I can understand your emotions as I'm a singhni as well. The best you can do is to do ardas each time you step out of your home! Don't feel weak since ardas always helps every one. There isn't anything to be afraid of & if you feel the need do speak up whenever you feel uncomfortable. You're not in the wrong. And if you've a brother you can always can confide in him & he would help out. Goes without saying that wahguru will help you. fateh.

Hello panji

yes sikhs have thwe sign of the turban to show people that yes they are sikh... but lets say that some disgusting person hasd abused someone then it should not b kept a secret.. i know of a similar situation going on right now.... you have got to tell someone do not be alone, in fact you could never be alone becuase Mahraj is with you. waheguru wanted to show you who your enemies are, remember keep your friends close but your enemies closer, maybe waheguru is trying to tell you the same thing.... i thik the first person you should tell is your sister if you have one and then you rmother... you are not alone... a similar situation like this is going on and it will be resolved... have faith in Mahraj... i for one know having faith is not easy... but read through the past post, theres alot of faith in them... for me id rather have sooo much faith in something that have no faith at all

Fateh

Sorry to hear of your situation bhen ji.

This abuse of vulnerable children, is it physical, sexual, emotional?

One thing I have noticed about some Panjabis is that they can be quite hard and uncompromising with demands on youngsters, whether this spills out to abuse or not is debatable.

I think it is important that you confide in a person(s) who you can trust in the first instance. Make sure they are not the types to hide things and sweep them under the rug though.

Guest Singh''

Your also better off talking to SAS or Sikh Helpine (im almost certain they have dealt with these type or similar cases like this before:

0845 644 0704 (UK)

For Mobile : 07999 004 363 (UK)

Email us: info@sikhhelpline.com

''We are available, day or night, to help those in need. Any time, any concern, we want to hear from you if you are hurting, anxious, fearful, or have no one you can talk to. Sikh HelpLine are here to help you find ways to sort things out. Your call is strictly confidential and will be taken seriously. We will not trace your call or ask you to reveal your name. You can hang-up at any time during the conversation if you so wish.'' - Sikh Helpline

Bhenji,

I am so disheartened to read your post. I hope you are okay. I know you question your strength ,however the fact that you have posted here demonstrates the opposite to me. The fact that you realise that something very wrong is going on means that you have the power to change/stop what is happening. I reiterate what others have said, seek help for this matter. You are strong enough to do this, more so as Maharaj will be with you each step of the way.

It is NOT YOUR FAULT!

You can get past this and heal. Having support is very very important. Please try and find some organization where you live that helps women and children. Do not be ashamed, it is not your fault. Just call, there are many people trained to support people in your situation, confidentiality is sacred to them, and they understand exactly what you are going through. Don't worry about cost either. Just reach out. Do it today. They can also help to make sure this person is stopped.

If you post the name of the city you are in or one nearby, I can help you get in touch with someone.