Finding A Gursikh Wife/husband

Guest simplesingh

Guest simplesingh

Gurfateh!

I've seen quite a number of posts here on the subject of caste/pressure to trim beard/other side wanting parties and rituals etc.

So how does one go about finding a Gursikh wife/husband without dating or giving up your faith?

I don't know anyone through my family, I have very few Sikh friends, indeed I live in a small town where there are very few Sikhs, let alone Gursikhs/Amritdharis and the local Gurdwara is caste and cultural biased. Apart from old-timers, I'm the only guy there with a full beard and I've never seen a woman with a keski/turban.

I've been on matrimonial websites for a year and of the thousands of profiles, a small handful appear to keep rehat and of the small handful, some run after money, others caste and of one or two remaining, neither of us wanted to move halfway across the world. I'm a genial chap and would gel well anyone who believes in Sikhi values- I don't think I'm asking for much, or am I being too strict in my criteria? If I marry an agnostic Sikh girl, with Gurui's kirpa, will she become more religious and change her life objectives?

So, where does that leave the turbaned and bearded man or keski wearing woman who are committed to Sikhi and looking to get married and start a family. Where do they hide? :nono:

Somebody suggested a youth camp, but aren't these for kids? I just want to get married and start a family. Of course I'll patiently wait, but being a hermit won't get me anywhere, I need to be proactive! Hence my request to you all- please suggest alternative methods of finding people :-)

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I dont think you should go to camps to meet the other half, but in your case going khalsa/boss/rainsbhai/nearest city gurdwara can be a way for you to meet other sangat outside of your small town so that those people could intro u if they know anyone suitable. Maybe generally widen your network and some singhs may know someone for you? But im sure you are where Guru Ji wants you to be right now so you dont have to worry.

Guest simplesingh

I dont think you should go to camps to meet the other half, but in your case going khalsa/boss/rainsbhai/nearest city gurdwara can be a way for you to meet other sangat outside of your small town so that those people could intro u if they know anyone suitable. Maybe generally widen your network and some singhs may know someone for you? But im sure you are where Guru Ji wants you to be right now so you dont have to worry.

I agree with you penji, I have full faith in Guruji, just that obviously I need to do something rather than sit idle, unless I meet my future wife purely by accident somehow :-)

I suppose I could try and widen my network, but I just feel ackward in approaching people I don't know solely for the purpose of finding a partner. I'm also naturally a shy and introvert person. Maybe if I widen my network for the sake of having a wider network, this will in turn eventually lead to something positive as people may suggests so-and-so themselves, having got to know me and trust me.

Anyways just to close off the subject on a positive note, just as I was giving up hope on matrimonial websites, I did get contacted by a totally chardi kala girl and we're talking, although unfortunately she does live half way across the world and may not be willing to move!

Guest delhi_boy

Anyways just to close off the subject on a positive note, just as I was giving up hope on matrimonial websites, I did get contacted by a totally chardi kala girl and we're talking, although unfortunately she does live half way across the world and may not be willing to move!

The matrimonial site thing is too awkward ... I have been there for some time ... You cannot contact the other person personally unless you pay a fee .... looks like these websites are being a pim/p .... I now don't even go to these websites.... so many proposals, so many acceptances, but how can a photograph tell you something....I probably marry a white girl who I know personally .... though I fear I will have to be back in the game too soon if I marry a white girl ...lol ...who says matches are made in heaven ..they are all made and broken here, on our planet earth.... On a serious note .. go to India and find a decent girl ...worth the time invested.

simple singh ji - if its meant to be this chardikla kaur may be the one for you. its all about sanjog all about what guru ji has already written.

hope it works well & guru kirpa.

Guest gator_sikh

Make sure you find a nice gursikh girl, who respects that marraige is not a disposible relationship...given the current atmosphere ....one girl is going with multiple girls and vice versa....so please take time and ask your future wife about her past .... I am not sure if you get a vir--- even if you are one .... believe me you will have a big ego issue with yourself and your wife if you end up marrying someone who had several boy friends in the past .... I better not marry if thats the case ... marraige is about purity of relationship and ignoring all advances from the rest of the world....hope you find a strong woman who does not believe in worldly vices. akal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rd singh

SimpleSingh, same things going on in my life.

Sikhi is not left any more specially in US. The Sikh girls like mostly cleanshaven guy and very few girls are left, who like Sikh with turbun. It is very difficult for Gursikh guy to find a girlfriend or wife otherwise he has to be well educated or having good money. Parents also want for their daughter having Sikh guy but in US they cannot control their children and also those children adapt US culture.