Advice needed on ectopic pregnancy

Guest singh82

Guest singh82

WJKK WJKF

Sangat ji, My Wife found out 2 weeks ago that she is pregrant. this was great news as we have been tryng for a baby for a month or 2 now. however she started to bleed and get back pain and cramps in her stomach recently. So we went hospital for a emergency scan. the scan is not showing anything, my wife is getting pains on her left side of her back and is still bleeding hhere and their but not heavily.

The scan did not show a baby or a heart beat, but it did show a shadow by her left ovary. the nurse said she is around 5 weeks pregnant but it is still early to show anythin on the ultrasound scan, they have said she has sypmtoms of a ECTOPIC pregnancy where the baby starts form outside of the womb in one of the felipan tubes. they have taken a blood test and asked us to come back in 48 hours so they can check her hormone levels.

This is very worrying and confusing, Has anyone come accross this before. Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Singh _/ \_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Khalsa Ji, I am young so I can only give you just what my heart is saying. I and i am sure all of sangat will do ardas for your family. Do ardas and as much path as you can along with going to the doctor as much as you can. Perhaps find second or third opinion from different doctors/OBGYNs. Keep talking with the doctors and make sure you know everything that is going on and make sure you stay proactive in keeping contact with your doctor or doctors.

Hope I haven't said anything wrong and Maharaj kirpa karan sara kuj teek hai.

Singh Ji, I found this link on google from a Public Health website/Med library. Please take a look at it and mention it to your doctor or doctors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17943898

http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0013818/

Everything should be discussed and talked with your doctor(s)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Please get your wife checked by your doctor or hospital immediately. Ectopic pregnancy is where the baby starts to form in the fallopian tube rather than in the womb. It can burst the fallopian tube as the embryo grows after a few weeks and be life threatening due to excessive blood loss.

So go to your hospital immediately .

She's already had a scan showing no pregnancy in the womb. You can't see the baby below six weeks as it's too small. Checking the hormone levels will show if the pregnancy is continuing or whether she will/has had a miscarriage at some point.

As above, it can be potentially life threatening if it ruptures. If she becomes unwell, seek urgent medical attention. Surgery is the only real option and she will have the Fallopian tube cut. This causes a few issues: risks of surgery, future risk of ectopic - this can happen in the remnants of the same Fallopian tube, or it could potentially occur in the opposite Fallopian tube. Removing the second will mean you cannot get pregnant by natural means.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Ectopic-Pregnancy.htm is a good leaflet to read.