Pakistani Drama called Bilqees Kaur

Sherdil

Oh thats the problem...

Well NONE of the Pakistanis will even care about this 'religious aspect' of it. Secondly , I know people here haven't watched the drama here..so its confusing since all the details aren't revealed to you guys...

This Bilquees Kaur character is what the whole play revolves around. Actually dear .... in this show...ALL SIKHS are shown as "people of principles" ...while some Muslim characters are shown as "gutless drinkers" , "wife beaters" , "Irresponsible" etc ... Bilquees Kaur goes to Gurdwaras every monday..and pray namaz too..Since she is a woman of principles (unlike her Muslim husband) , she remains ardent Muslim because she made a principle stand of changing its faith when marrying his husband. NOWHERE in this show does Sikhi comes under attacked. Actually , Sikhism is really respected in this show.... Bilquees Kaur's brother , who is Sikh , is portrayed as the "savior" of Bilquees' children when they needed it most...etc..

So kindly , it is YOU who needs to get-off their high horses ....stop complaining about things when there is not even a remote reason of complaining..

There is nothing wrong in the drama.....and yes , this drama as a super hit in Pakistan...this shows that Pakistanis are open-hearted and accept the fact that non-Muslims (Sikhs) can be way more BETTER persons than Muslims (As shown in this drama)....Kindly , watch full drama before jumping your guns....

It's obvious that you have respect for Sikhs, and for that I am appreciative. I have some Muslim friends, and I know they are not all as bad as the rest.

Brother, do you understand Punjabi? Didn't you catch what this Bilqees Kaur character said at 17:26? "How dare you call me a Sikhni! I have become a Muslim; a much better Muslim than you! I only go to Gurdwara to honor my parent's memory. But in the end, God won't forgive them for being Sikhs." You don't see how that is insulting to Sikhism? There was another scene, where she is talking to her brother in her sweet shop. She brags about how they are now following separate faiths, and how happy she is that her kids are being raised as Muslims.

No Pakistanis will care about the religious aspect of it? How is that possible, when this Bilqees Kaur's conversion to Islam is the overlying plot? She never let's us forget it. She just keeps going on and on about how happy she is to be a Muslim. Don't you see how this is doing bezti to Sikhi? It leads one to ask, what's so bad about being a Sikh?

You're judging this drama from a Muslim perspective, that's why you think it's fine and dandy. Try looking at it from our perspective.

Perspective is important, and frankly I don't see many Muslims bothering about anyone's perspective but their own. I'm not limiting this observation to this Bilqees Kaur drama.

There was an issue about the "Ground Zero Mosque" a while back. Muslims were baffled as to why people had a problem with a Mosque being built a short walk from the rubble of the World Trade Center. Out of all the prime real estate in Manhattan, why did Muslims have to pick that spot? Cultural sensitivity works both ways. Maybe a lack of perspective stems from a Muslim upbringing, which teaches that Islam is know-all and end-all. Therefore, it doesn't matter what other religions teach, or what other people think.

Brother , conversion here is not even a problem...the whole plot of the play was something else! And she is NOT degrading Sikhi...she is just telling her husband that when she converted..she did it with heart because she is a woman of principles...UNLIKE her 'Muslim drunkard husband' ..Read my last reply...I have explain all this....this drama potrays Sikhs BETTER than Muslims... Please read my last post....

I'm a sister by the way :) anyways brother ok if she converted and did it with heart why is the show called Bilqees Kaur? Why the Kaur aspect of it? I find that wrong since Kaur is only used by Sikh women.

It's obvious that you have respect for Sikhs, and for that I am appreciative. I have some Muslim friends, and I know they are not all as bad as the rest.

Brother, do you understand Punjabi? Didn't you catch what this Bilqees Kaur character said at 17:26? "How dare you call me a Sikhni! I have become a Muslim; a much better Muslim than you! I only go to Gurdwara to honor my parent's memory. But in the end, God won't forgive them for being Sikhs." You don't see how that is insulting to Sikhism? There was another scene, where she is talking to her brother in her sweet shop. She brags about how they are now following separate faiths, and how happy she is that her kids are being raised as Muslims.

No Pakistanis will care about the religious aspect of it? How is that possible, when this Bilqees Kaur's conversion to Islam is the overlying plot? She never let's us forget it. She just keeps going on and on about how happy she is to be a Muslim. Don't you see how this is doing bezti to Sikhi? It leads one to ask, what's so bad about being a Sikh?

You're judging this drama from a Muslim perspective, that's why you think it's fine and dandy. Try looking at it from our perspective.

Perspective is important, and frankly I don't see many Muslims bothering about anyone's perspective but their own. I'm not limiting this observation to this Bilqees Kaur drama.

I am from a Pakistani-Punjabi background...So yes , I do understand Punjabi :D

Well you are taking it from wrong perspective then... She says how dare you call me Sikhni...NOT because Sikhi is bad..but because she left everything for her husband..converted to Islam..left her culture , parents , family..spent all his life with his husband..and now his husband is saying that she is Sikh..On THIS ..Bilquees Kaur says "How dare you call me Sikni?!" ... It means " You <banned word filter activated>! I left my everything for you..raised your family..left my parents..and yet you are not satisfied" .. It doesn't mean that "Islam" is better or Sikhi is better...As I said....you haven't seen this whole drama but I have. All Sikhs in this drama are portrayed as people of principles... in further episodes..the "past" is shown...when Bilquees' husband left her and ran away...Bilquees' brother comes to her and offer her that she and her children can stay with him...and Bilquees say " I'm a daughter of a Sikh! I can never comprise on my self-respect! I'll stay alone and raise my children..I don't need anyone's help!" .. is THIS called "degrading Sikhi"?

Again , you haven't watched the complete drama..but just few lines...please don't make up your mind on that. This drama doesn't degrade Sikhi in any way....I assure you of that!

There was an issue about the "Ground Zero Mosque" a while back. Muslims were baffled as to why people had a problem with a Mosque being built a short walk from the rubble of the World Trade Center. Out of all the prime real estate in Manhattan, why did Muslims have to pick that spot? Cultural sensitivity works both ways. Maybe a lack of perspective stems from a Muslim upbringing, which teaches that Islam is know-all and end-all. Therefore, it doesn't matter what other religions teach, or what other people think.

Ground Zero issue was raised by anti-Islamic rightist organizations...they created the controversy where it wasn't even needed.... Secondly , it wasn't even a Mosque..but an Islamic Cultural Center ..lol...Muslims didn't "picked" any unusual spot..It was 4 blocks AWAY from ground zero ...secondly , it was ALREADY there...People just thought of renovating and expanding it..Anyways..that Cultural Center is up and running now....Pamela Gellor is busy is some other things now...

I'm a sister by the way :) anyways brother ok if she converted and did it with heart why is the show called Bilqees Kaur? Why the Kaur aspect of it? I find that wrong since Kaur is only used by Sikh women.

Oh sorry...should've read your username hehe ... And I guess Kaur is used to show her Sikh background? :/ One part of her name is "Muslim" , and other part of her name is "Sikhi" ...

Auzer, are you a Muslim since birth or are you are a convert? And are you a convert from Sikhi? Just curious. Hope its not too personal. If it is, I apologize and you don't have to answer.

No , I was born in a Pakistani-Punjabi Muslim family...

when Bilquees' husband left her and ran away...Bilquees' brother comes to her and offer her that she and her children can stay with him...and Bilquees say " I'm a daughter of a Sikh! I can never comprise on my self-respect! I'll stay alone and raise my children..I don't need anyone's help!" .. is THIS called "degrading Sikhi"?

Lol man...so she wasn't compromising her self-respect when she ran away from home and abandoned her family? This is such propaganda...

The only way you can clear this up is by telling us what happens, because this first episode looks pretty bad.

Lol man...so she wasn't compromising her self-respect when she ran away from home and abandoned her family? This is such propaganda...

The only way you can clear this up is by telling us what happens, because this first episode looks pretty bad.

Duhh...back then she was a dumb , emotional , young child .... its only human thing...but her Sikh values stay with her...Anyways , as I said , you guys haven't watched the whole drama...but I have..I know that it is in no way anti-Sikh etc...

Duhh...back then she was a dumb , emotional , young child .... its only human thing...but her Sikh values stay with her...Anyways , as I said , you guys haven't watched the whole drama...but I have..I know that it is in no way anti-Sikh etc...

She still seems pretty dumb and emotional to me. She's always yelling and fighting with people.

Well you are taking it from wrong perspective then... She says how dare you call me Sikhni...NOT because Sikhi is bad..but because she left everything for her husband..converted to Islam..left her culture , parents , family..spent all his life with his husband..and now his husband is saying that she is Sikh..On THIS ..Bilquees Kaur says "How dare you call me Sikni?!" ... It means " You <banned word filter activated>! I left my everything for you..raised your family..left my parents..and yet you are not satisfied"

Nah bro...hahaha. In the scene she told her husband that she found a match for their child. The Husband said, "Who will marry our child, when their father is a Jatt and their mother is a Sikhni". He called her a Sikhni like its a bad thing, and she reacted like it's an insult. Then she goes on to say that God won't forgive her parents for being Sikhs. Ouch!

Stop twisting things around man...you're just sugar-coating this propaganda.

We don't need your certificate to prove its not anti-Sikh, because you're not a Sikh to begin with to even understand whats anti-Sikh and whats not, so shush.

My fellow Sikhs. This programme is a direct attack and insult on Sikhs. The fact that they included Kaur in the title says it all. Typical pakistanis man. Why are they so obsessed with converting our women?

Auzer, it's possible that you have no ill intentions and genuinely feel this is not an insult but this I'm afraid my friend is as insulting as it can get. Try to look at it from our perspective. If you struggle with that, then don't bother engaging in this topic any more.