Guru Nanak Dev Sahib - Born Mukth or Not?

Possibly the limitations of the human body / condition coming to the fore and how it affects the mind? Although I'm not sure Guru Sahib would suffer from these issues like we do.

Those limitations only apply to people who have not realised the Lord. One who have realised the Lord have become eternal, deathless etc. They don't care about the temporary body so yearning is no more.

And how do you know that? Have you realised God? It's a yearning to constantly be in God's presence even if they are already there. Maybe yearning is the wrong word. Anyway, maybe I am wrong about the yearning thing but I maintain that Guru Ji was born SatGuru and already Mukth. It's like Brahmgianis and even Guru Sahibs. Why do they keep repeating Naam with their tongues if they have already found God. Once you are at that stage, you keep repeating naam forever.

I think yearning wasn't the best word used because it implies the loss or lack of something. Clearly the enlightened are one with God they can't lose sachkand. Guru Ji didn't have to jaap naam when he got realised. Have you read atam gian section by kavi santokh singh? Guru was sohang avasta where they don't need to jaap naam. But for others to see them jaaping nam so they can get realised as well. Only to teach others.

I think yearning wasn't the best word used because it implies the loss or lack of something. Clearly the enlightened are one with God they can't lose sachkand. Guru Ji didn't have to jaap naam when he got realised. Have you read atam gian section by kavi santokh singh? Guru was sohang avasta where they don't need to jaap naam. But for others to see them jaaping nam so they can get realised as well. Only to teach others.

Giani Thakur Singh Ji also says this in their larivaar Katha of Guru Granth Sahib Ji that a brahmgiani does not need to jap naam anymore because ohna deh rom rom vich naap vasda. Giani Ji says its like a child saying to their father why dont you go to school? Now the father has already gone to school and graduated. Same case. But Giani Ji says that the Brahmgiani's do path naam simran to show others so they can also start following the path.

However, despite this I believe Guru Nanak Dev Ji were Satguru. They were born Mukht and Bhai Gurdas Ji's vaaran and Guru Ji's Janam Sakhiya supports this.

If the yearning is still there then they have not realised the Lord. What is there to yearn about when you have realised the Lord (sackhand)?

Gurbani tells us that Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj sings his own praises. This post is the funniest of them all. Limited people are trying to put the limitless people in their own backyard. Gurbani also tells us that Satguru is Nirankar............Gurbani doesn't say Satguru had to reach Nirankar. On a different thread you said Gurbani is the objective truth. You should present Gurbani here, instead of some theory which is all subjective and doesn't contain any objectivity.............i believe is not objective truth.

Gurbani tells us that Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj sings his own praises. This post is the funniest of them all. Limited people are trying to put the limitless people in their own backyard. Gurbani also tells us that Satguru is Nirankar............Gurbani doesn't say Satguru had to reach Nirankar. On a different thread you said Gurbani is the objective truth. You should present Gurbani here, instead of some theory which is all subjective and doesn't contain any objectivity.............i believe is not objective truth.

Firstly Nirankar is always realised in all. But the sargun is where the drama is staged. You are mixing up the formless with form. Secondly can you please stop lying.

Giani Thakur Singh Ji also says this in their larivaar Katha of Guru Granth Sahib Ji that a brahmgiani does not need to jap naam anymore because ohna deh rom rom vich naap vasda. Giani Ji says its like a child saying to their father why dont you go to school? Now the father has already gone to school and graduated. Same case. But Giani Ji says that the Brahmgiani's do path naam simran to show others so they can also start following the path.

However, despite this I believe Guru Nanak Dev Ji were Satguru. They were born Mukht and Bhai Gurdas Ji's vaaran and Guru Ji's Janam Sakhiya supports this.

Exactly but Giani Ji also says there is an even higher avasta than rom rom simran it's called nirvakalap smadhi where you are waheguru yourself ('angbrahmasmi') and there is no need to do any more Japa meditation. The final and ultimate stage; the mool of who you really are.

Firstly Nirankar is always realised in all. But the sargun is where the drama is staged. You are mixing up the formless with form. Secondly can you please stop lying.

Here we go again.............you say Gurbani is the objective truth, but you keep presenting your opinions. I haven't lied, so please understand that you need to move away from your opinion on Sikhi. I hope you stop lying about me lying. Its very immature behaviour.

Exactly but Giani Ji also says there is an even higher avasta than rom rom simran it's called nirvakalap smadhi where you are waheguru yourself ('angbrahmasmi') and there is no need to do any more Japa meditation. The final and ultimate stage; the mool of who you really are.

This point is true, I have also read about this.

I also kind of agree here.

But the point about yearning, I have never thought about before.

My own view is that we are all waheguroo, but we do not know it. Guru Nanak Sahib knew it upon birth. He was without ego, but it is just like God playing an act out. the same way we act and move like puppets without realising the truth through our own ignorence which is gurparsad, so truly its down to God that he choses, so we cant do anything really. nothing in the end its our own choice.

So yeh back to this point about yearning, this is interesting, but say if someone is sant, and they do simran etc, again maybe they are doing it so the followers wont go astray.

Imagine if Guru Sahib ji came and preached but then themselves did not be seen meditating. then people will think this guys a fake etc. so all these acts was to ensure followers were to do as Guru said and did themselves.

Sorry, my english is sometimes poor so i dont know if this makes sense above as I was born and brought up in India as a child. please forgive this slave of sangat.

Here we go again.............you say Gurbani is the objective truth, but you keep presenting your opinions. I haven't lied, so please understand that you need to move away from your opinion on Sikhi. I hope you stop lying about me lying. Its very immature behaviour.

Gurbani is the objective truth, no doubt. However the question should be if gurbani has always presented the truth ie aad sach jugad sach hepi sach etc then why do people have different interpretations and commentary about gurbani? I'll tell you bhai sahib it is because they believe they are objectively correct and you are just the same.

People in the past believed in a flat Earth and the Earth as the center of the universe. At that time these were subjective truths in the same way your interpretation of gurbani are like those people.

So please can you stop objectively lying about me lying even though you think subjectively you are not :biggrin2:

P.S. I love you bhai sahib; your commentary always enlightens my day. :glomp: (naam hug)

This point is true, I have also read about this.

I also kind of agree here.

But the point about yearning, I have never thought about before.

My own view is that we are all waheguroo, but we do not know it. Guru Nanak Sahib knew it upon birth. He was without ego, but it is just like God playing an act out. the same way we act and move like puppets without realising the truth through our own ignorence which is gurparsad, so truly its down to God that he choses, so we cant do anything really. nothing in the end its our own choice.

So yeh back to this point about yearning, this is interesting, but say if someone is sant, and they do simran etc, again maybe they are doing it so the followers wont go astray.

Imagine if Guru Sahib ji came and preached but then themselves did not be seen meditating. then people will think this guys a fake etc. so all these acts was to ensure followers were to do as Guru said and did themselves.

Sorry, my english is sometimes poor so i dont know if this makes sense above as I was born and brought up in India as a child. please forgive this slave of sangat.

Sheikh Fareed Maharaj you are right that we are all God. :respect: Please maharaj don't worry about your English it is very Good.