Offensive video of prophet mohammad, what if it was our guru sahiban?

N30S1NGH

When there was that play set in the gurdwara a few years ago there was disturbances with windows broken in the UK which was exploited by the press.

We need to avoid this.

What was the score with that whole situation? Wasn't the writer of the piece saying "This is not what happens in all Gurughars, but this is a fictional account of something that may have happened sometime, somewhere?".

I disagree with veer Mehtab's notion that generally no attempts to ridicule our Guru's would be made on the strength of our communities reputation. We've all seen 'pi55 taking' videos put up on youtube from time to time. And it doesn't take much for someone to do this. Some people actually think it is hilarious to offend people's sensitivities like this and would do it for no other reason than a laugh!
Good point sir, but I don't think anyone ever made a video of this type to mock Guru Sahibaan, or did I fortunately miss something? There have been enough sickening videos to insult Sikhs/Sikhi, and believe me I avoid watching those, maybe that is why I don't know about them. My only point was that considering our history, philosophy, principles, political past, social set up, there is not much they could make a video on. Of course they could ridicule us for following the caste system and all other non-Sikh and un-Sikh practices that have crept into the Sikh qaum, but as far as insulting the personality of Guru Sahib is concerned, the person would have to be demented to the nth order, a m0r0n to the exponent of infinity and an epitome of racial/communal hatred to do so. But in a way you're right. Such weasels do exist, so there are chances, no matter how few, that they would trash their manukha janam by making such a video that throws insults at the legacy of our Guru Sahibaan.

Arya Samaji hindus had mocked our guru sahib in the past in the news papers .. lala jagat narain name comes to the mind..anyway, its good to be pro-active...it could happen..we need to come up ideas and collectively give calculated response to it without mob violence like sullehs are doing right now.- killing/destroying anything western.!!

...People aren't focused on us right now because we are 'small fry' - if we ever rise (maybe I should say when we rise), in my opinion it's likely that we some people around us will criticise our society and values - just because people are often j-erks like that.

Absolutely agree. This has been on my mind for quite a bit. When the "rise" does happen then we will be in the cross-hairs, make no mistake about that. So before that time comes it's time to shape up and cut out the crap that has crept into our mentality. We must be ruthless in ensuring our faith is not misrepresented, because hearing some of the stuff even from mainstream places (talk-shows, phone-ins, etc) regarding Islam and its adherents I begin to imagine myself in their situation, and if something similar was being said about Sikhi it would cut me to the core.

Fair point, but look at it the other way also.

Selectively attacking countries under the guise of 'human rights' and 'democracy' and making out like you are some paragon of virtue/ethics when your real intention is to grab dwindling natural resources for you own advantage - and causing the deaths of God knows how many innocent men, women and children in the process isn't much better. That <banned word filter activated> feeds and fuels fundamentalism as much as certain whites/westerners like to pretend otherwise.

Why do people think that America is an evil empire bent on world domination?

The only resource America goes to war over is oil. That's in it's best interest. Why should we let some dictator drive up the oil prices and cripple our economy?

You can't solely blame the U.S. for the death of innocents. You are forgetting what these insurgents and dictators do to their own people. Who will argue that people were better-off when Gadafi, Sadam, and Mubarak were in charge?

Speaking of Mubarak, and the other dictators dispelled in the Arab spring, didn't the US support the people in their movements? Even though, we knew they would end up electing Islamic fundamentalists. We sang koombayah with them, and now they are attacking our embassies and killing our ambassador.

We tried isolationism. When Hitler was devouring Europe, we sat on the sidelines because we didn't want any part of any other country's mess. Isolationism doesn't work. The problem quickly grew out of hand, and we were forced to act against a monster we had allowed to get too big. It's better to nip problems in the bud.

Who saved the world from communism? Who is the first, sometimes the only country, to lend aide when there is a natural disaster?

Yet people still hate us?

Haters just gonna hate.