Vedas and Gurbani. Whats the truth and what is not?

13Mirch

Upon the title of this thread, I am going to talk not as a gyani, but as a common man in a common langauge. To disclose or visualize the difference between the Vedas and Gurmat, let us have a look to their origin and to where do they point out the goal

The word “Veda” means wisdom, knowledge or vision, and it manifests the language of the gods in human speech.

1st)The laws of the Vedas regulate the social, legal, domestic and religious customs of the Hindus to the present day.

2nd) All the obligatory duties of the Hindus at birth, marriage, death etc. owe their allegiance to the Vedic ritual. They draw forth the thought of successive generation of thinkers, and so contain within it the different strata of thought.

The general assumption is that the Vedic hymns were taught by god Brahma to the sages or that they were revealed to the sages who were the seers or “mantradrasta” of the hymns. The Vedas were mainly compiled by Vyasa Krishna Dwaipayana around the time of Lord Krishna (c. 1500 BC).

So from the above lines, we can see, that they were the teachings revealed by Brahma, (the deity with the creative role), to the sages, it is like a type of karam khand with rituals.... for the mankind, to lead a a straight and a moral life to attain the realm(Swarg, Baikunth, Shivpuri) of the orginal poster(gods), as the highest destination or goal.

And as we all know thanks to our Guru sahibans and Bhagats, that the realms of these gods and godesses, is below Parbraham, which means, is subject to Parlay and Mahaparlay. So anybody worshipping these lower entities, will at most attain their realms, but still very much in the cycle of births and deaths.

On the other side, Gurbani or Gurmat, is the knowledge of Wahiguru Himself, to us human beings, for the sole purpose of redeeming our souls, from this creation, for once and ever, by attaching and devoting ourselves, only on Reality, only on One Truth, which is Satnam.

That´s it.

This knowledge has been given to us, by His Sargun swaroop, whenever He has blessed us with His presence at our level, as Guru Sahibans, as Gurmukhs as Bhagats ....

The other main difference between Gurmat and other dharams, is , that while they rely on a wide variety of these spiritual entities, and rituals or dogmas, and thus are stuck in maya, in sikhee, we depend only only on Him alone, Parbraham Parmeshawar, and His Daya Meher, so that in the end we merge in Him, becoming one with Him, without any distinction.

While with other dharams, we are still very much caught in the web of variety, maya and Kal; with Sikhee we take refuge at His Lotus Feet, hold on tight to His Nam or Shabad , to cut off all our entanglements with the creation on any level: material, astral or causal. Then cross Parbraham, and finally reach Sach Khand.

But we should never forget, that all this valuable, fascinating and magnificent Reality(Wahiguru), is not achieved just because we think we are born as khalsas or belong a particular caste, creed or community, but only, if according to the Bani, we devote ourselves through Bhajan Bandagee of Nam or Shabad through Nam Simran alone.

Otherwise, being blessed and having everything in our favour, as being born in a culture where Sikhee is something natural, where we don´t have to strive or to dig so much, and know about it´s excellence, beauty, and utmost Truth, and yet if we do not profit ourselves, our souls, of the Amrit or Nectar of immortality of the Anhad Bani, we are no better in the spiritual sense than any hindu, muslim or christian....

Saasath Sinmrith Sodhh Dhaekhahu Koe
You may study and examine the Shaastras and the Simritees,

Vin Naavai Ko Mukath N Hoe
But without the Name, no one is liberated

Raag Gauri Guaarayree, Dhan Guru Sachay Patshah Amar Das Maharaj.

Waheguru.

From what I understand the Vedas are a product of maybe centuries of assimilation. They cannot be confined to any one religion alone and their history is more figurative than realistic (i.e. Brahma receiving them etc.) They attempt to elucidate upon Dharma or the cosmic order. They are not instructions, but manuals for putting an individual on the right track towards Dharma i.e. the identification and need of a Guru. Otherwise I agree with Harsharan,

• 6 years later...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh ji !! 

As you said and provided the links, I have gone through them...

The information provided there is completely false and I can surely say and prove it. 

They have wrongly comprehended Gurbaani. 

For example, 

1. simrit sastra baed puraan paarbraham kaa karaeh vakheyaan Here true meaning is that in all vedas, they have explained about The God but all vedas have failed, completely failed to know the true extent of God... as it is in the further line in the same shabad: til nhi boojhe Alakh Abhev 

Each and every interpretation of theirs is completely wrong... I don't have time to mention all... 

You should actually read out those shabad mentioned there and will find the truth. 

Thank you Ji

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh !!