Master Music Thread

Beginner

Alright guys, post any English songs you got that can relate to God in a way that's noticeable, or maybe even too nature. Let's see if we get it pinned :)

Veer Ji I would like to make a humble benti to you. Please do not listen to english songs because they are not gurbani - listen to raag kirtan only. A gursikh should sing gurbani NOT english songs. These songs will only increase the punj chor in you.

Satguru Mehar Karan

Daas

Consciousness

Veer Ji I would like to make a humble benti to you. Please do not listen to english songs because they are not gurbani - listen to raag kirtan only. A gursikh should sing gurbani NOT english songs. These songs will only increase the punj chor in you.

Satguru Mehar Karan

Daas

Consciousness

Bro, but by that logic, we can't listen to katha, speeches about God, Sufi saints' poems, and any other talk about anything at all as none of those classify as Raag kirtan. We can't even read the English translations of Shabads by that logic as they would not classify as Raag kirtan either.

The songs listed above can still inspire people.

Bro, but by that logic, we can't listen to katha, speeches about God, Sufi saints' poems, and any other talk about anything at all as none of those classify as Raag kirtan. We can't even read the English translations of Shabads by that logic as they would not classify as Raag kirtan either.

The songs listed above can still inspire people.

Listen to katha if it is based on the guru's teachings ONLY - as this is gurmat veechar. If singing of gurbani is being done in non raag then it is NOT kirtan; we must follow hukam of guru sahib and singh keertan in raag. English translations are fine and not anti gurmat as they are a reference to understand our guru ji.

If sufi poems are in line with gurmat then they can be read but ONLY as a reference. So why waste your time on English music when you can listen to raag kirtan??

Satguru mehar karan

Daas Consciousness

But seriously dude, what would you do if you become jathedar of sri akaal takth? I love the hear from you what changes you will bring?

LOL veer ji, I will write what I would do in this thread later on if maharaj wills: http://www.sikhsangat.com/Index.php?/topic/68229-akali-baba-akhand-kirtani-taksali-nihang-singha/

The panth is struggling - lack of rehat ect needs to rectified.

Alright well, if anyone wants to know, Matisyahu and George Harrison, both great artists who sang about God in their songs. I have some songs of theirs I can post if anyone wants to know. I personally don't think it bad consciousness as they can inspire people to learn more about God from their own religion. I don't know of very many who were listening to Raag kirtan at five years old. It may be a gradual process for some.