Guru photos

NEWSINGH99

I don't think there is anything wrong at all with pictures or even keeping them inside the Langar halls and stuff, but I just believe they should never be worshiped as idols. They are powerful tools of portraying history and there is nothing at all wrong with it.

i agree with you. theres nothing wrong. they help show and remember our history. the only thing i see wrong is when people start bowing down to the pictures when the guru granth sahib is behind them.

i agree with you. theres nothing wrong. they help show and remember our history. the only thing i see wrong is when people start bowing down to the pictures when the guru granth sahib is behind them.

That annoys me too. Are you talking about the massive picture of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji before you get in the diwan hall?

I don't think there is anything wrong at all with pictures or even keeping them inside the Langar halls and stuff, but I just believe they should never be worshiped as idols. They are powerful tools of portraying history and there is nothing at all wrong with it.

I agree with you. Actually just to clarify my initial post was not talking about any kind of idol worshiping but rather simply pictures of guru's, shaheeds invoking devotional feeling of remembrance inside...devotional feeling of remembrance does not equal to idol worshiping..!!

Idol worshiping of a picture is one aspect of idol worshiping, its not limited to any picture. People generally relate idol worshiping to picture but in fact idol worshiping is lot broader and has very subtle forms, one needs to research gurmat clearly.

As i said earlier, if your mind is trapped with anything or confine with anything other than nirgun shabad roop (ajapa jap/gyan) than knowingly or not knowingly you are committing idol worshiping.

Definition of idol worship: Upasakh doing upasana of idol/akhar/object/picture, in its mindset limiting vahiguroo parbhram to just mere idol/akhar/object and get stuck in it by idolizing the idol/akhar/object. Such mindset is totally mocked in gurbani.

So lets not only reject picture/statue idol worshiping but rather reject all forms of idol worshiping which sikhs engage in and trust me there are lots... idol worshiping of all forms trap us and prevent us to have a profound experience of shabad gyan of nirgun vahiguroo..!!!

yes :D. they start touching the feet and its like o.o

That annoys me to the max. Im like hello Maharaj Ji is sitting right there! Even my Mum and Dad do it, i managed to get my Dad to stop but my Mum just cannot help herself!

That annoys me to the max. Im like hello Maharaj Ji is sitting right there! Even my Mum and Dad do it, i managed to get my Dad to stop but my Mum just cannot help herself!

my mum and dad have never done it :D. although the darbar and palikin of guru granth sahib don't have any pictures on them.

i think guru granth sahibs throne should be decorated with shastar and bani, not pictures.

No he is 100% right about sargun saroop of guru being sri guru granth sahib ji i don't have any disagreement in that..!!..the question here comes down to is all ten guru sahib sargun roopi avatars are in confined in sri guru granth sahib ji(wait a minute which one- pad ched or larivar dubta tut tut..lol ) or sarabvyapak?

No he is wrong. He is blinded by Bhasauria mindset which is miles away from Puratan Maryada. Its like shoving your own opinion down someone's throat if they don't agree with you. These guys are protestants of Guru Sahib's Khalsa Panth, almost atheists. I can smell that these W@h@b! Sikhs come from Singh Sabha.

I agree with you. Actually just to clarify my initial post was not talking about any kind of idol worshiping but rather simply pictures of guru's, shaheeds invoking devotional feeling of remembrance inside...devotional feeling of remembrance does not equal to idol worshiping..!!

Idol worshiping of a picture is one aspect of idol worshiping, its not limited to any picture. People generally relate idol worshiping to picture but in fact idol worshiping is lot broader and has very subtle forms, one needs to research gurmat clearly.

This is absolutely spot on. For some people its just easier to have something like a photo for concentration or to help them show their devotion. Maybe the different learning styles would apply here??

No he is wrong. He is blinded by Bhasauria mindset which is miles away from Puratan Maryada. Its like shoving your own opinion down someone's throat if they don't agree with you. These guys are protestants of Guru Sahib's Khalsa Panth, almost atheists. I can smell that these W@h@b! Sikhs come from Singh Sabha.

Hey, what happened yaar? you going left wing too like har jas kaur?..don't quit on us- khalsa brotherhood for life :l: