left hand use

Guest sikh

i m a left handy and everyone(technically not everyone but many) say that i should use my right hand ,like i went to this worship place of hindu religion(due to some reason ,dont say i m not a sikh as i love my religion the most and nothing can turn me away from it, i m a sikh ) and for parsaad i put my left hand above my right hand and the pandit ,said to put my right hand above ,i was irritated by it ,my relatives says tuh lefty ehn like its a very evil thing and tuh right hand use karya kar ,teh eh mere naal apne religion te vi hoya eh par ohda example menu chete nahi aa reha , anyway my question :D is

kal saade karre paath haiga te you know jad apaan guru granth sahib ji nu karre lyaande haan te raah te aapan jal shidak de haan ,can i do it with my left hand ,as i cant do it with my right hand ,?

Umm you shouldn't be going to the Mandir anyway, if you read Chaupai Sahib paath it says those who worship stones (idols) are fools. Whats with Sikhs these days, so many are going to the Mandir, and if you love Sikhi so much you wouldn't go worship rocks.

left hand in many cultures such as islam and india is the so called "dirty hand", the hand that is used to wipe your butt and stuff like that. so they keep the right hand clean for religious reasons etc.

as a sikh you don't need to worry about clean or unclean hands, its a load of bs. no one has ever told me it is bad. i use both my hands to do things. i use my right hand to write but i eat with my left hand (roti and crisps things like that).

god gave you 2 hands. use them!

Yeah maybe they are just joking ,teasing ,

@Sikh I don't worship stones its that my best friend is Hindu and sometimes he go to Gurdwara with me and kadde I go to mandir with him ,besides I just worship one god :)

@chuck yeah thats the reason dirty hand thing

Guest questioner

Oke so inj hoya mein babaji toh pehlan puchya ki aapan left hand use kar sakde haan , ohna ne keha I can any hand it doesn't matter :) , fer aapan jad guru granth sahib lenn gayye te othe achanak hi mein keha ki I can do it with my right hand too , so I used right hand ,and it was ok great ,:D ....nice life

P.s. moderater which country are u from please as your time shows different from here

Some people dont have a choice as to which side to use. I know a lady whose right side does not function due to disability. I also had a problem with my right side for some time.

God sees everybody as equals, it does not matter which side you use. Like others have said if both sides function, use both.

Yeah maybe they are just joking ,teasing ,

@Sikh I don't worship stones its that my best friend is Hindu and sometimes he go to Gurdwara with me and kadde I go to mandir with him ,besides I just worship one god :)

@chuck yeah thats the reason dirty hand thing

You can use any hand you want. These are exactly the kind of behams which our Gurus taught us not to be caught up in. What is much more important than what your preferred hand is whether or not you use those hands to do good in life.

And don't worry about going to the Mandar. Sikhism is tolerant of all religions. As long as you have faith in Waheguru and don't go to the mandar to do pooja or pray to idols you are more than fine to go. After all everyone is welcome to the Gurduara regardless whether they are Sikh or not.