Sign in to follow this  
Mrkhalsa007

Schools with Sikhs in Birmingham?

Gurfateh Sadh Sangat Ji!

Are there any schools near Great Barr in Birmingham which have a large popularity of Sikhs? like west bromich, smethwick? Any Secondary schools near Great barr?

Gurfateh ji!

There is a Guru Nanak Academy for High school students in Smethwick and there is a Nishkam High on Soho Road. There is also a new primary school named Anand Primary which is gonna open in Wolverhampton next year or so.

• Like 1

this is completely off topic, but is that some kind of ghost in the middle of your picture? :O

Lol

Lol i don't think Ghosts/Spirits etc would dare to go to Sachkhand do you? :p

There is a Guru Nanak Academy for High school students in Smethwick and there is a Nishkam High on Soho Road. There is also a new primary school named Anand Primary which is gonna open in Wolverhampton next year or so.

Oh Thanks mate

ahahah YOU NEVER KNOW... but then it does raise the wuestion do they have physical b.a.l.l.s if they are sprits? :O just kidding nah they wouldnt dare!

If ghosts existed they would probably be lost souls seeking peace and would still be a part of Wahegurjis creation so why wouldn't they be welcome in his or her Darbaar?

• Like 1

I used to live there many years ago.

There are lots of Sikhs in B'ham - there are a decent number of Sikh kids in most schools. Avoid schools that are sullah dominated - not an issue in Great Barr though.

Out of interest - why not just choose a school with good academic records? I would reccommend Sutton Girls and QMGS - both easily within reach from you via public transport if the kids will be travelling themselves. Consider the private sector if your finances allow.

I have a similar question for Slough / M4-Corridor. Can somebody recommend me a good Grammar school Secondary for Girls, How is KHALSA SECONDARY SCHOOL, SLOUGH, I know it is not a Grammar school, but how good it is academically - I am more than happy to consider KHALSA SECONDARY SCHOOL, SLOUGH as compared to a GRAMMAR School if it is not S****h dominated and is good a academically, and there is sufficient teaching of Gurbaani/Punjabi etc.

I have a similar question for Slough / M4-Corridor. Can somebody recommend me a good Grammar school Secondary for Girls, How is KHALSA SECONDARY SCHOOL, SLOUGH, I know it is not a Grammar school, but how good it is academically - I am more than happy to consider KHALSA SECONDARY SCHOOL, SLOUGH as compared to a GRAMMAR School if it is not S****h dominated and is good a academically, and there is sufficient teaching of Gurbaani/Punjabi etc.

Have you considered Slough Grammar School, Langley Grammar School and Herschel Grammar School? These three are all in/near Slough. Tiffin Girls' School in Kingston is a bit further away but is also a good local grammar school. These schools have good reputations locally, you should also check out the websites of all these schools (and also any other Sikh schools) and read the latest Ofsted report and see what ratings the schools got.

Have you considered Slough Grammar School, Langley Grammar School and Herschel Grammar School? These three are all in/near Slough. Tiffin Girls' School in Kingston is a bit further away but is also a good local grammar school. These schools have good reputations locally, you should also check out the websites of all these schools (and also any other Sikh schools) and read the latest Ofsted report and see what ratings the schools got.

All the above are in consideration, in addition to Kendrick Grammar School in Reading, and Watford Grammar School for Girls, as we plan to move near about that area in 6 months time. But the point is these above Grammar schools will not teach Punjabi / Sikhism, which I believe will be taught in Khalsa Secondary school, any comment?

All the above are in consideration, in addition to Kendrick Grammar School in Reading, and Watford Grammar School for Girls, as we plan to move near about that area in 6 months time. But the point is these above Grammar schools will not teach Punjabi / Sikhism, which I believe will be taught in Khalsa Secondary school, any comment?

As far as I am aware, Khalsa Secondary School in Slough is due to open in September 2013? At the moment there is only a primary school I think. I do remember that recently consultations were being carried out and local residents were being asked their opinions regarding the opening of a new Sikh school which will be in the village of Stoke Poges. Admission will start from this September. I got this info from the website.

http://www.khalsasecondaryschool.com/index.html

There's also Guru Nanak Sikh Academy in Hayes. I just read their latest Ofsted report from 2008 and it was graded Outstanding (grade 1) in all sections. Check out their website and I've also attached the Ofsted report to this post.

Guru Nanak Sikh Academy website: http://www.gurunanaksikhacademy.co.uk/page/?title=Home&pid=1

Link to their Ofsted report: http://www.gurunanaksikhacademy.co.uk/page/?pid=76

Guru Nanak Academy Ofsted.pdf

As far as I am aware, Khalsa Secondary School in Slough is due to open in September 2013? At the moment there is only a primary school I think. I do remember that recently consultations were being carried out and local residents were being asked their opinions regarding the opening of a new Sikh school which will be in the village of Stoke Poges. Admission will start from this September. I got this info from the website.

http://www.khalsasecondaryschool.com/index.html

There's also Guru Nanak Sikh Academy in Hayes. I just read their latest Ofsted report from 2008 and it was graded Outstanding (grade 1) in all sections. Check out their website and I've also attached the Ofsted report to this post.

Guru Nanak Sikh Academy website: http://www.gurunanaksikhacademy.co.uk/page/?title=Home&pid=1

Link to their Ofsted report: http://www.gurunanaksikhacademy.co.uk/page/?pid=76

Thanks Bhaaji.

You know of good streets around Slough and Hays to move to (if I tell you indirectly, where we don't want to move, and if you know what I mean) ...