Khalistan or jattistan

Guest Loudnproud

Guest Loudnproud

Sat sri akal fellow brothers and sisters,

Will we ever get khalistan and do we need it? Firstly i would like to say i really do believe We need our own homeland as we are not accepted in india and treated not as first class citizens no matter how patriotic we are or was, secondly will we ever get khalistan and truthfully not yet, even if we did have khalistan there are too many divisions.The reason why alot of panjabis say no to khalistan is because the oppression they have recieved and r still recieving from these so called elites these jatts who put jatt before actually stating they are sikh or how they put it jatt sikh hur hur the rest of the panjabi kaum beleive having khalistan will still make them oppressed no matter if they take amrit because they are still classes as inferior and they are seperated etc etc ps this is not a caste topic im just saying why we as a whole have not acheived the glory of our potential home land hate it or love it this is the truth we all need unity if we are struggling to even make a federation with unity Khalistan will just be a wild dream. Thank you for reading please share your thoughts. Waheguru

Hi

I agree with the points you have raised. This is the very reason why the majority of the non-jatt sikhs do not want a Khalistan - it is due to the discrimination they have recieved from jatts first hand.

Before anyone has a pop at me, please search youtube for relevant videos on this topic - this cancer will never leave us alone, its in our makeup!

I personaly think that a Khalistan maybe created somewhere else on the planet - would that be a bad thing? Most likley would be born out of non-punjabi Sikh efforts.

Guest tilaighcy

i think you are right i m come from a jatt family but no jatt has ever fought a battle with his head in his hand like baba deep singh or killed an elephant with a spear or had his dead childs head put in his mouth likh bandha bahudar singh its only sikhs you gave such sacrifices so i m more proud to say that i am a sikh not jatt

This is not an attack on all Jatts by the way - my family caste (not that i beleive in it is Jatt)

Most of these uncles on Sikh TV and Sangat TV that go on and on about Khalistan are so uneducated and backward. I know some of them personaly and can say that these peope shold not be at the forefront of propogating Khalistan - they cannot even speak English properly. As I know some of them I have first hand experience of hearing them spit out anti-tharkan / Kumar / chamar venom when in their own little circles. On a side note, none of the off spring of these men are even wearing the dastaar - they should practice what they preach at home before taking stage on Sikh Chanels...

I would also like to add that my return from a 6 week stay in Punjab this Summer left me with the most sour taste - the Sikhs over there dont even want a Khalistan - forget Khalistan, the majority of people I came across may wear a turban but do not have the ideals of a Sikh. The place is doomed! We should educate ourselves, get to positions of power and we must maintain our Sikhi Saroop on an international scale - once we are a proper Khalsal we wil get a country of our own - does it have to be in Asia?

Guest Unknown_sikh

we will not get Khalistan until all sikhs and I mean 'all' are united. today the situation is very sad. but I firmly believe a time will come when remove our differences and unite under one banner. It will take something to unite us . What that something will be must be seen in the distant future. :smile2:

The same way the majority population in India, i.e. Hindu's, are discriminating against the minorities, i.e. Sikhs, etc.

In that very same way, the majority people who are proud of their Hindu Varan spawned Castes in Punjab, i.e. the Jatts, are discriminating against other Sikhs, this is a fact which nobody can deny.

I can cite many examples if somebody wants. One being the most recent' Jaspal Singh's family who was killed in Gurdaspur is given alot of money, from all over the world, cash is pouring in. Sometimes even blindly given.

Yet the other guy (who isn't even mentioned) who was shot, but thank god is still alive, nobody even mentions him. INFACT his family are told that they will get the Guru's Happiness only when they take Amrit.

I am not targetting the Jatts, I am sure if the Tarkhans were larger in population, they would do the same.

This is all down to human conditioning, how humans behaviour is carved out whilst they are growing up, and influences of society, media, etc.

Khalistan was and still is a Indian Propaganda Machine designed to single out the Sikhs and represent them as separatists and of course terrorists, guess what, it has worked perfectly.

Even Shaheed Sant Jarnail SIngh Ji says in his speeches, that he never asked for Khalistan, he wants the basic human rights for the SIkhs, however now that the Indian Government has rasied the issue if Khalistan, if they give it, we will not say No.

We should not get emotional about these issues, they need to be objectively studied not subjectively.

In that very same way, the majority people who are proud of their Hindu Varan spawned Castes in Punjab, i.e. the Jatts, are discriminating against other Sikhs, this is a fact which nobody can deny.

I can cite many examples if somebody wants. One being the most recent' Jaspal Singh's family who was killed in Gurdaspur is given alot of money, from all over the world, cash is pouring in. Sometimes even blindly given.

Yet the other guy (who isn't even mentioned) who was shot, but thank god is still alive, nobody even mentions him. INFACT his family are told that they will get the Guru's Happiness only when they take Amrit.

Oh come come now dude. Get a good grip of the situation. Firstly, the point you made about the boy that was shot by the Punjab police but survived: Ranjit Singh. Both he and his family took amrit just a few days after the event and I personally know of many Sikhs from both the UK and Canada (all jatt) who have been giving the family much needed vast amount of money.

As for your other points, you would have to have your head buried in the sand if you think the situation is as simple as 'jatts discriminating against all the others'. If you really really want to see discrimination then I suggest you turn your attention to the urban khatri and arora sikhs. More often than not they think of us jatt, tarkhan and chamar sikhs as such lowly creatures they go out of their way to marry their daughters to hindus rather than one of us. By all means lets all try to eradicate the curse of casteism together but it is the mark of uneducated, ill-informed ignorance to think the problem can be solved by laying the blame at the feet of the jatts.

if you look at Khalistan during the reign of its first ruler Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, you see that the rule of the Khalsa was one of the most secular and multi cultural

It cannot be called "Khalsa" raaj if it is devoid of Naam. If Naam is there then it cannot be secular in nature either. Lovingly tolerant-yes. Ranjeet Singh's raaj was where Sikh spiritualism didn't thrived, in materialistic way we did thrive. Not spiritually in that period.