Horseback riding and Sikhs

Got this from facebook..i thought i share:

GurVaak by Patshahi 10 in Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib.

O Lord ! Bless them with 9 Lakh Horses, Provide them One Lakh Accomodations too.

Give them One and a Quarter Lakh Elephants , and Fulfill this one Need.

My Special Ride be Approaching with One Lakh Nishaans (Flags of the Army).

The Khalsa of the Wondorous Lord May Win the enemy in the Battlefield.

For this one greed The Slave Gobind Singh has uttered your praise.

The True Guru be Victorious and the Khalsa May Rule From Dawn to Dusk.

• 3 weeks later...

excuse me?

You a Jalandharia? LOL, its true though, lots more stud farms in Malwa than in Jalandhar. If you want Bully dog or good horses then you have to go to Malwa. Jalandhar just full of people living on handouts from NRI relatives, showing off with the iphone their illegal immigrant brother in UK sent after doing an insurance claim!!

You a Jalandharia? LOL, its true though, lots more stud farms in Malwa than in Jalandhar. If you want Bully dog or good horses then you have to go to Malwa. Jalandhar just full of people living on handouts from NRI relatives, showing off with the iphone their illegal immigrant brother in UK sent after doing an insurance claim!!

lol malwa is the only way to go!

yes i am from jalandhar. i have a few friends from malwa, but dont really hear them talk about horses or stud farms at all.

How expensive would it be to keep a horse in jalandhar per year? any ideas?

Bro, no point in keeping unless you are there to look after yourself. The locals (even restidar) will take you for a ride, TBH wth you I would not trust them to look after a little Pug dog let alone a horse. If you have ghar di zameen then you can grow most the fodder for the horse, question is whether the restidar will bother feeding properly. Horses can get colic etc so you got to be a enthusiaist if you want to keep.

Bro, no point in keeping unless you are there to look after yourself. The locals (even restidar) will take you for a ride, TBH wth you I would not trust them to look after a little Pug dog let alone a horse. If you have ghar di zameen then you can grow most the fodder for the horse, question is whether the restidar will bother feeding properly. Horses can get colic etc so you got to be a enthusiaist if you want to keep.

I agree. My uncle in Punjab (lives there) is a lawyer. They got two horses for 1.25 lakhs each and had his brother "take care" of them in the pind. After a year you couldn't even recognize the horses - they weren't being fed properly at all.

Never depend on someone else if you're going to do something like this. The "shonk" or dedication should come from within and you make a relationship with the horse. What you put in is what you get.

My uncle keeps his mare in the Doaba. Its looked after by a hired help. He visits only visits india 2-3 times a year. Recently he has had it bred and attended for the birth. The foal will be sold on.

It was given to him a couple years ago by his in-laws as a midlife birthday present. Guess where they live - Malwa. He was bemused at first, but it seems to be thriving under the care of his syce.