The dreaded - Do you do path question.

Singh559

It sounds like they are mocking in some screwed up way.

Reflect the question back to them;

Tusi path karda hunda?

Ji. Menu eh dasso, tusi path ka matlab ki jande? Tusin jande honde ki nitnem ka bani ki hunda Sikhan liye?

Anything along those lines. Do not let them reel you in, but at the same time, keep them on the end of your line and do not let them off the hook!

I'm not sure how much of an awkward question this is for you, but I hate this question. Whenever I see relatives or close family friends who I haven't seen in quite some time (years), most of them ask in kind of a cheeky/random manner in the middle of a very normal discussion "achaaa fir tu paath vi karda hunda" *big smile on their face* and I'm like, is this a trick question?

I feel like if I say yes, i will sound like I'm giving off the false impression that I do a lot of path and if I say no I feel like that would be lying. I usually end up saying hanjee thorda jeha karlaida lol.

What are your responses when someone asks you such a question? I ask because a lot of punjabi people tend to judge a person based on how you carry yourself, i've been more and more aware of my surroundings and micro-expressions so I was wondering what sangat thought about this subject?

haha hi5* i thought i was alone! well awkward. i try laughing it off which usually works (lol) or just say yeah a little/sometimes.

Any response you give will never be enough. punjabis are just pros at finding faults in people. no winning :)

at the end of the day, you alone know how much you do and what it means to you.

i jus say, jina vi kar hunda. - gives a "im trying" hint. and its tre, whether its a lil or a lot!

comparig it to a bank balance can indicate u have a positive... tbh, its a mind game with yourself.

some jus say, "what u think".. then they jus agree :Por say, thaonu kidda pa ya!