Taking Amrit

Vahiguru Ji Ka Khalsa !! Vahiguru Ji ki Fateh !!

I want to take Amrit !!

i was born in Sikh family , my grandparents are amritdhari . My mom hasnt taken amrit yet because dad is retired army man and drinks a peg on weekend

I recite bani whenever i get time , to be honest i cant get up early . I try to but i cant sometimes i do get up early and that too only at 6am and do ishan /bani

I am afraid if i take Amrit i would breakup rehat of not doing bani on time . how do i get around my lazyness

im working as a software engineer , from work after 6pm i go for taekwondo and gatka i come around 9pm really tired .

im very confused here , 100% want to take up amrit but i dont want people to say latter "see these people cant keep rehat , why become amritdhari"

some people i have met, they say do not worry you will change instantly after taking Amrit .

:omg: what to do?

i am also a software Engineer... i believe if u want to manage both the things ur work life and religion then try to do as much as possible..

i am also not able to do path at amrit vela... but wen i get up in morning at 6 ot 7 i have bath and do path.....

Try to do it amrit vela but if itz nt possible then..its ok..

Amrit chakan nu saja na banao... ena te baba g nu v pta hai.... ki aajkal life kini hard h... n we r working as professional.. kadi kadi work load ena zaada hunda hai ki kuj karan nu j v ni karda... so its k

• 2 weeks later...

hold up!! it is not okay to miss amritvela!!!! this is the main time of day for the khalsa!!!!!

listen.... as soon as a drop of Amrit goes in your mouth, you will die and be reborn!! u exist now but will not after, the mind body and wealth will all be of the Gurus. every second your life is reducing, the period of time left between taking amrit and death is reducing. Guru ji says for a good deed do not think once, but for paap think repeatedly. Guru ji says make one step to me and i will make millions towards you. 10th Guru sacrificed his mother, father, four sons, family, wealth, kingdoms all for the Khalsa and said "IN PUTTRAN KAI SEES PAR, VAARDEEAI SUT CHAAR, CHAAR MUUE TO KYA HOAA, JEEVAT KE-EE HAZAAR" Just take it!

hold up!! it is not okay to miss amritvela!!!! this is the main time of day for the khalsa!!!!!

listen.... as soon as a drop of Amrit goes in your mouth, you will die and be reborn!! u exist now but will not after, the mind body and wealth will all be of the Gurus. every second your life is reducing, the period of time left between taking amrit and death is reducing. Guru ji says for a good deed do not think once, but for paap think repeatedly. Guru ji says make one step to me and i will make millions towards you. 10th Guru sacrificed his mother, father, four sons, family, wealth, kingdoms all for the Khalsa and said "IN PUTTRAN KAI SEES PAR, VAARDEEAI SUT CHAAR, CHAAR MUUE TO KYA HOAA, JEEVAT KE-EE HAZAAR" Just take it!

I work whole day.... i sleep around 12... after working hard in office... i am so tired that i cant wake up...at amritvela... my job is important for me.. as i get food from it... i cant leave my job and praise god.... but i still want to be close to him... i tried going against my body cycle.. i gave pains to my body to sleep at 12 n wake up at 3:30 or 4:00 n fall sick.. so now.. does dis mean... i should not have taken amrit coz i am not able to manage.. i took amrit i do path after having my 6 hours sleep.. i am happy doing that.....n my Guru is happy by what i am doing.. coz he is enough proud of me as i am able to be a professional n religious both... Soo do what is preferable the world / scenario/ time/ earth changes so we also need to cope up... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Why not keep the rehat of an amritdhari first? See if you can do it.

If you are confident that you can maintain it, then go ahead and take amrit.

Of course this is what any logical and sensible person should do.

Too many youngsters rush into it thinking it will all change and happen like magic!!

Far from it.!!!

When you become a khalsa, you become a member of this brotherhood that involves discipline on your behalf. No one in tha army signs up to be a commando without doing any training before hand do they ?

So why get initiated with amrit without any preparation ??

Amrit Vela is a 'core' discipline and to get the benefit and anand it should be done at the appropriate times which are 2am to 6am.

The 'code' of khalsa conduct should NOT be broken or changed to utilise your lifestyle. So, if you are trying to squeeze in nitnem and doing what should be done at the 'ambrosial or heavenly' hour, just before you get ready to earn your bucks, then you are not practicing accordingly.

Yes, Gurpreet ji, I personally don't think you should put your personal lifestyle and work first, once you have taken amrit!

• 2 weeks later...

If your job requires you to work up to 12 in the morning then it is difficult to wake up for Amritvela. But why not try to do Nitnem at 12 and then go to sleep. Jobs that require a person to work long shifts past 8 hours is nurse and law enforcement; their regular shifts are 10 to 12 hours. If your working every day more than 8 hours, that must be one rich employer to give you overtime every work day.

I am working in India... No Overtime is paid here... if i need to do Nitname at 12 y not i do it at 7... its not amritvela at 12:)

moreover if i will do path at 12 with pissed off brain would that be fine? Nopes... its better to remember god at the time when u can actually communicate.....

Nowadays i have some sikh people who are actually pure sikhs but they r afraid to take amrit just coz of rehet....

Matlab Amrit chakan nu bandish batate loka ne...

Everything changes with time- LAW OF NATURE.... u need to change man :)

Jida marzi kare chalo bus ena dhyan rakho e panth khatam ni hona chaida.... Aaj kal de sikha de haal wekhke lagda.... 100 saala ch sikh ni rehne duniya ch....

Common get up Sikhs.... n deal with the situations in wateva manner u want.... make things simple.. n follow Sikhi :)

Hope people who are actually making fun of the things.... written... beta karke wekhaoo.... tad aake gal karna :)

Waheguru g ka Khalsa, Waheguru g d fateh :)