Namdhari Guru, Jagjit Singh passes away

Azaad

As for a real discussion. The original namdharis were followers of Guru Granth Sahib Ji - the organization got tainted after a few generations and they changed the history.

The founding namdhari Sikh was a Khalsa who had utmost love for Guru Sahib.

I agree Ram Singh, was well respected and naamdharis in general sacrificed a lot during the independence movement. Ram Singh was a shastardhari khalsa who was on nau nihal singhs army.

I agree Ram Singh, was well respected and naamdharis in general sacrificed a lot during the independence movement. Ram Singh was a shastardhari khalsa who was on nau nihal singhs army.

Yeah, but times change and the organization has been corrupted. I don't think he meant to start a cult like it has turned into nor do i think he even wanted to make a jatha/sect or even be revered at all.

It's similar to a lot of pakhandi babe running around in Punjab who use the name of Mahapursh from Taksal, Nanaksar, AKJ and others to run their business.

Yeah, but times change and the organization has been corrupted. I don't think he meant to start a cult like it has turned into nor do i think he even wanted to make a jatha/sect or even be revered at all.

It's similar to a lot of pakhandi babe running around in Punjab who use the name of Mahapursh from Taksal, Nanaksar, AKJ and others to run their business.

Agreed, I havent come across any sources that claim where Ram Singh called himself a Guru or ever claimed to be a Guru, Ram Singh left the armies of Nau Nihal Singh after he saw the corruptness creeping into the brand of Sikhi in Punjab at the time. He sent a Jatha to Hazur Sahib to learn of traditional maryada, which is why their are similarities with Hazur Sahib Maryada..such as full belief in both Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and Dasam Granth.

Naamdharis also read banis such as Chandi DI Vaar etc..similar to Nihang tradtions.Somewhere along the line after Ram SIngh was exiled by the British...the Naamdhari movement was "spin doctored" and stories got invented about continutaion of Guruship etc..and the Naamdhari cult movment was created I highly doubt this was what Ram Singh wiuld have wanted.

Agreed, I havent come across any sources that claim where Ram Singh called himself a Guru or ever claimed to be a Guru, Ram Singh left the armies of Nau Nihal Singh after he saw the corruptness creeping into the brand of Sikhi in Punjab at the time. He sent a Jatha to Hazur Sahib to learn of traditional maryada, which is why their are similarities with Hazur Sahib Maryada..such as full belief in both Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and Dasam Granth.

Naamdharis also read banis such as Chandi DI Vaar etc..similar to Nihang tradtions.Somewhere along the line after Ram SIngh was exiled by the British...the Naamdhari movement was "spin doctored" and stories got invented about continutaion of Guruship etc..and the Naamdhari cult movment was created I highly doubt this was what Ram Singh wiuld have wanted.

Nice analysis and thanks for sharing.

Original kuka:

Vereshchagin-Blowing_from_Guns_in_Britis