BC Surrey Gurdwara elections- Analysis/outcome predictions?

N30S1NGH

So the BC surrey Gurdwara Elections are coming up tommorow, any veer here who can write their analysis on this whole election thingee? which party is there? whos going to win? what are the underlining issues with sikh youth slate committee and how come they are giving up? I heard Bikramjit Singh JI is quite good when it comes to handling gurdwaras, he has bought lot of positive results in sukh sagar- khalsa divan new westminister and other gurdwaras in BC. Whats happening with him? I heard he is not running anymore? Please confirm?

Can anyone write unbias analysis on the BC surrey Gurdwara committe and committe who are running for election?

Great post singhg veer ji, hope sikh youth slate wins..what do you reckon? you think they will win like last time? or close call?

In my opinion I think Sikh Youth have a good chance of winning as its clear to everyone what they have done in the past three years. However you never know what might happen. The Moderates have been spreading a lot of lies and rumours to and are misguiding innocent voters, but I am still confident the Panthic Slate will win. It will be a huge shock to them lose.

Elections are happening tomorrow 8 am to 8 pm at PM Secondary School all members are urged to go and vote for the Sikh Youth Slate led by Bhai Rajinder Singh.

Neo Singh about your question about Bhai Bikramjit Singh, he has done lots of seva not just in terms of being in committees but other seva including 5 Pyare seva. He is stepping down from his position as President and wants to focus on personal sikhi jeevan. He is still very involved in the campaign and elections.

Bhai Bikramjit Singh, he has done lots of seva not just in terms of being in committees but other seva including 5 Pyare seva. He is stepping down from his position as President and wants to focus on personal sikhi jeevan. He is still very involved in the campaign and elections.

I think its takes very strong character and gursikh character to quit a president job with authority on its own accord and be candid about it infront of sangat and say- this is it for me thats all i can offer as seva now its time for concentrating on personal sikhi jivan..i think we can all learn from him especially our elder generation power hungry president and committee members of gurdwaras.

Thank you Singhg

That was very informative and useful for me.

I have only been here from UK for last couple of years and I've not really been to this Gurdwara much as I normally attend one near to where we live.

Because of these politics of elections and voting as it is a public gurdwara unlike most of the others here, I have also been inclined to not get too involved because as you know settling in takes a while.

However, what I did find surprising was that you may only vote if youare a paid member of the gurdwara!

I find this rather unusual because we never had such things back in UK where also the majority are public gurdwaras. Perhaps you could shed some light and explaination on this to help me and others understand a little better.

Thank you Singhg

That was very informative and useful for me.

I have only been here from UK for last couple of years and I've not really been to this Gurdwara much as I normally attend one near to where we live.

Because of these politics of elections and voting as it is a public gurdwara unlike most of the others here, I have also been inclined to not get too involved because as you know settling in takes a while.

However, what I did find surprising was that you may only vote if youare a paid member of the gurdwara!

I find this rather unusual because we never had such things back in UK where also the majority are public gurdwaras. Perhaps you could shed some light and explaination on this to help me and others understand a little better.

The membership fee was introduced by the Moderates for God knows what.

The Singhs have kept it now to pay for Construction of the Gurdwara. A lot of money is needed to pay for the construction of the Gurdwara. After the Singhs took control of the Gurdwara the Sangat grew so large that a bigger Darbar was needed!

Most of these moderates are old timers. They were of the view that sitting for langar on ground is outdated practice

and since they wear suits and neckties it is below their status to sit in a pangat. Hence they called them as moderates

and termed traditional sikhs as radicals.

I have seen some of these moderates in BC visiting Gurudawara sahibs bare headed for matha tek.They also prefer

not to take parsad as that seems to be below their diginty and sit in diwan hall bare headed. These shameless creatures

are mostly ex communists and atheists who attend Gurudawara sahib for langar.