relationships and past lives

Guest noname

Bro is it actually like tht ? I mean soo my dad coulda been my mom in my past life ? Is there any link tht u could provide me tht elaborates more bout this stuff?

I was semi-joking.

I read somewhere ages ago that the people in our families in this current life were known to us in previous lives. Basically we have karams we have to fulfil for each other, i.e. paying off karmic debts between each other. For example, a mother who takes care of a sick son and supports him throughout his life in this janam, may be fulfilling her duty for seva her son did for her in a previous life (when the relationship could've been anything, not necessarily mother and son).

This whole emphasis on sex and gender, in terms of male and female roles in society, human biology, etc., is, in my humble opinion, only an issue when we're in human form. God knows how many janams those who are men in this life have been previously females, and vice versa. Those who possess hubris due to their male status (and apparent superiority) in this janam would do well to remember it is highly unlikely they've been born a male millions of times previously. The odds dictate, according to what karmic debt you have to pay, a male has been born as female many times. It is the soul that is the constant, and what must be worked on.

But I stopped wondering about this kind of stuff ages ago. Best to concentrate on the here and now, and do all you can to ensure this life is the last one on this earth. :biggrin2:

For longest time, i also wanted to know my past life but i came to understanding - sikhi encourages whatever happened in the past life- don't pay much attention to it that the human life is precious and we got this human life after countless of reincarnations of various animals/ghost/spirits etc..So we need to appreciate this human life and keep moving fwd for milaap with vahiguroo and keep doing good karams.

There is a reason why kids after age of two forget all about their past life naturally so human can go fwd. I think knowing your past life may sometimes solves dilemma and riddle battling with one's mind but for the most part it just open whole lot of can of worms which you may not be able to handle (don't ask for something which you cannot handle..!!) ..one also will start living in the past rather than present.!!! For eg- if one goes through 100 past lives through regression, there are major chances one will start living in the past than present or future..!!

So yeah in short- don't ask for something which you cannot handle..!!!

For longest time, i also wanted to know my past life but i came to understanding - sikhi encourages whatever happened in the past life- don't pay much attention to it that the human life is precious and we got this human life after countless of reincarnations of various animals/ghost/spirits etc..So we need to appreciate this human life and keep moving fwd for milaap with vahiguroo and keep doing good karams.

There is a reason why kids after age of two forget all about their past life naturally so human can go fwd. I think knowing your past life may sometimes solves dilemma and riddle battling with one's mind but for the most part it just open whole lot of can of worms which you may not be able to handle (don't ask for something which you cannot handle..!!) ..one also will start living in the past rather than present.!!! For eg- if one goes through 100 past lives through regression, there are major chances one will start living in the past than present or future..!!

So yeah in short- don't ask for something which you cannot handle..!!!

Agreed, I used to have dreams that I thought may have had been from past lives, but I'm always a skeptic. In the end I feel it doesn't matter and not to pay too much attention to it.

An interesting watch: