Topic about meat.

Gursikh10

I like most of these responses. ^

I agree this is my own path to take.

Anyone know any arguments Meat-eaters make using quotes from Guru Granth Sahib?

@Wiked Warrior - What if one person comes who only eats meat? I think meat is not accepted.

Ladli-fauj and Wicked Warrior ji have both answered very well.

I like the way WWji has explained the real rationale behind serving a veggie langar.

I used to wonder the same and think that if meat was allowed it would be served in langar, until someone pointed out that it is an issue of equality, fairness and hygiene seeing as extra precautions need to be taken for preservation of meat products.

I was also informed that it has been served in history and that the above problems were encountered.

Jhatka has become about the tongue for majority of those who practice it. Simply meat is not allowed as it has many negative effects. Spiritually, and physically meat has many negative effects. The amusing part is that Nihang Singhs say we do extra Banis to set off the negative effect of eating meat. Such thinking is illogical when it comes to Sikhi. Sri Anand Sahib tells us that the shastar discriminate between good and sin, but they don't know the true essence of reality? The idea in Sikhi is to move forward and not be stuck in good and sin. Since they recognize the negative effect they are stuck in good and sin; one step forward and two steps backwards.

Jhatka was started for a noble cause, but it has turned into a pure ritual. The occasional jhatka for survival has turned into a meat feast and they don't realize the animal is alive and breaths as humans do.