Sikhism vs Islam

Khalistani187

Why is Sikhism a better religion ? Im not converting or anythin but one of my close buddies an muslim and we always have debates on whats right and wrong in religions! Can you guys give me some valid points on why sikhism is better thanks in advance !

SIKHISM IS A RELIGION WHICH HAS LOVE OF GOD AS FOUNDATION FOR HUMAN BEINGS UNLIKE ISLAM WHICH START WITH FEAR OF GOD. MUSLIM PEOPLE BELIEVE MOHD. WILL TESTIFY FOR HIS FOLLOWERS ON JUDGEMENT DAY IN FRONT OF GOD(IF EVEN MOHD. DIDN'T KNEW WHEN IT WILL HAPPEN). IN 1699 WHEN GURU GOBIND JI CREATED KHALSA HE CALLED WAHEGURU KA KHALSA NOT HIS OWN KHALSA AND GURU JI GOT AMRIT FROM HIS OWN FOLLOWERS. SIKH GURU'S HAVE GIVEN A PATH A WAY OF LIFE WHICH SAYS"MANAS KI JAAT EK PECHANBO" NOT LIKE MOHD. WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW ISLAM JUST KILL HIM OR TAX HIM WITH JAZIYA.

This kind of question as posed by the OP is a very low-level way of looking at things. Not that I'm saying I've ascended to the higher echelons of contemplation ( :lol2: ) but when you've spent even a considerably meagre amount of time trying to gain an understanding of God (through naam simran, truthful living, etc) the aim for the individual is always to: a) connect to God, b) to remain connected and not break that link, then trying to reel of a list of positives and negatives as if trying to decide what car to buy simply doesn't work when attempting to describe the feeling obtained from following a spiritual path.

Sikhi is not a list of bulletpoints that can be followed which then results in the objective being reached. You must consume yourself in "the way" in complete totality. There must be no room for umming and ahhring. Then let the doubt-creators and the rabble-rousers fight amongst themselves about who is top dog.

The best reply to someone such as a Muslim trying to ascertain why Sikhi is being followed should be the look on your face. If he sees peace, contentment, and a big heart then he knows he's onto a losing battle from the outset. If he sees doubt and insecurity he has a foothold and he can begin his shenanigans.

Go read the history of Taksal thread. If that doesn't fill your heart with the desire to kick-on and devote yourself to Sikhi then I don't know what will. You'll feel inadequate and a total failure when reading but keep going on.

Both you and your muslim friend are naive to think you both know your religion so well that you can stop to judge anothers. How about you concentrate on your life, following Sikhi and tell your muslim friend to concentrate on his. Its not about which is better or worse. And how can any man be a judge of that? Only Maharaaj himself can be the judge of that. And its not the religion that will be question or judged when you die but it will be you as an individual. So whether you follow Sikhi or Islam, they are both guides for you as an individual to gain salvation.
Why argue/debate over such little crappy <banned word filter activated>? Channel your energy into something better like errm say Simran?

And Gurdeep Singh, what bakwaas are you going on about paji?! Instead of telling the kid to not to debating about such meaningless potentially damaging arguements, you publically post more bakwaas. The actions of a people can not be held to determine the teachings of the prophet Mohammed or Islam.
Also Dasam Pita says "Manas ke jaat sabe eke pehchaanbo".

Spread peace and love. Lifes too short to be creating hatred.

Pul chuk muaf ji

Both you and your muslim friend are naive to think you both know your religion so well that you can stop to judge anothers. How about you concentrate on your life, following Sikhi and tell your muslim friend to concentrate on his. Its not about which is better or worse. And how can any man be a judge of that? Only Maharaaj himself can be the judge of that. And its not the religion that will be question or judged when you die but it will be you as an individual. So whether you follow Sikhi or Islam, they are both guides for you as an individual to gain salvation.

Why argue/debate over such little crappy <banned word filter activated>? Channel your energy into something better like errm say Simran?

And Gurdeep Singh, what bakwaas are you going on about paji?! Instead of telling the kid to not to debating about such meaningless potentially damaging arguements, you publically post more bakwaas. The actions of a people can not be held to determine the teachings of the prophet Mohammed or Islam.

Pul chuk muaf ji

First of all i didnt say i know anything about being a know it all about sikhi second im not spreading hatred we just talk about religion and what life is... So stop being a goof and thinkin u know <banned word filter activated> all! What i was debating was that he said theres goin to be a judgement day where the dead are going to rise from their graves which i thought was bs so all i wanted to know was how Sikhism is a better religion at being true !

This kind of question as posed by the OP is a very low-level way of looking at things. Not that I'm saying I've ascended to the higher echelons of contemplation ( :lol2: ) but when you've spent even a considerably meagre amount of time trying to gain an understanding of God (through naam simran, truthful living, etc) the aim for the individual is always to: a) connect to God, b) to remain connected and not break that link, then trying to reel of a list of positives and negatives as if trying to decide what car to buy simply doesn't work when attempting to describe the feeling obtained from following a spiritual path.

Sikhi is not a list of bulletpoints that can be followed which then results in the objective being reached. You must consume yourself in "the way" in complete totality. There must be no room for umming and ahhring. Then let the doubt-creators and the rabble-rousers fight amongst themselves about who is top dog.

The best reply to someone such as a Muslim trying to ascertain why Sikhi is being followed should be the look on your face. If he sees peace, contentment, and a big heart then he knows he's onto a losing battle from the outset. If he sees doubt and insecurity he has a foothold and he can begin his shenanigans.

Go read the history of Taksal thread. If that doesn't fill your heart with the desire to kick-on and devote yourself to Sikhi then I don't know what will. You'll feel inadequate and a total failure when reading but keep going on.

Thanks for the great reply i see alot of depth in your answers!

Sikhism does not need to be compared to islam or hinduism.

It is a 'Way of life' that is better than both.

The whole idea was that it took us away from all the faults and empty ritual practices in other religions.

Like I say, It is a way of life.

We have dumbly gone and classed it as a religion because we have a look and a book like the others.

But we don't have no book, it is the Shabad Guru- The actual words of Lord Guru given to us over the space of a few hundred years.

Pul chuk muaf ji

JUST READ QURAN AND U WILL KNOW WAHT MOHD. SAID.