Damascus Kirpan

singh245

Man how many times do i have to tell you that is not real wootz he is making it is pattern welding modern damascus. anyone can make a claim it it does make it so. i can say i defecate gold but are u really going to take my word for it. also the process in which he is using is used by not just him... this guy is nothing special. child's play. I am starting to sound like a broken record do some actual research..... wootz is a lost art. Its dead ppl waiting to this day to be rediscovered.

Care to share how it's not? :O

I'd take your word for it, but I'd like to know why. I think people have a habit of making certain things more mythical when in reality they are not so out of reach than they really are. Just like the katana, it's an amazing blade and takes incredible skill to make, but a European high quality blade could compete with it.

The process isn't exactly the same and even in the old days each sword smith had a unique way of making their sword and even further no one swordsmith made an identical sword. Each sword varied based on many factors.

What is your basis to say this isn't wootz?

RicFurrer has a chemistry degree and his life is dedicated to metallurgy.

Care to share how it's not? :O

I'd take your word for it, but I'd like to know why. I think people have a habit of making certain things more mythical when in reality they are not so out of reach than they really are. Just like the katana, it's an amazing blade and takes incredible skill to make, but a European high quality blade could compete with it.

The process isn't exactly the same and even in the old days each sword smith had a unique way of making their sword and even further no one swordsmith made an identical sword. Each sword varied based on many factors.

What is your basis to say this isn't wootz?

RicFurrer has a chemistry degree and his life is dedicated to metallurgy.

If you believe this guy good for you i am tired of trying to argue with you... if you dont like my stuff please ask him to make your kirpans. I do not want to continue this discussion. We have side tract away from my original post asking ppl what they think of my kirpans.

I already said I thought your kirpans were great but wanted to clear that wootz is still made.

Don't see how that would imply that yours weren't great. :0

ok thank you but friend the burden of proof is on you to prove it can be made today. Not mine for proving real wootz can not be made today. So far you haven't proven anything.

singh245 stop getin ur kashera in a twist have abit of daya , we are just asking. jeeze whats with people these days!!

i am not... im answering your questions, its you guys who are not listening. I have answered all your queries in a timely manner. It is you who refuse to give up on your faulty notions on real wootz. I am just asking you not to be lazy and do some quick Google research. You guys have no idea what real wootz is or what modern wootz is. You dont have basis for me to explain it too you. Not being rude its just you are just throwing all the burden on me and expecting to be spoon fed information.