Police barricade Singh Sabha Southall

Lion of Punjab

I think wat a waste of police time and money over a picture. Obviously its not about one picture, probably about two sides of committees arguments, which is pathetic when involving the sangat. The sangat is divided so is going to be differences in opinions about the picture. If it was just a picture issue, i thought Guru Gobind Singh ji did not want anybody to do their pooja. Forgive me if i am wrong, but isnt that why they gave their gadhee/seat to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, so nobody would bow down to people or pictures, but to god, Waheguru? And did they say whoever worships them will go to hell or along those lines? I heard this somewhere so can somebody please clarify it. Also if people remove or relocate pics in their own houses, do the police come then? Its over the top for just a pic, surely there must have been other issues which could have been resolved from both sides reasonably.was quite embarrassing watching this and the police must have been confused too. I am not going to believe no side, only god knows the truth, its just a shame it came to that stage, Sikhs protesting against Sikhs, and involving children too, should never have come to that in Uk too.

People aren't robots art can evoke strong emotions,It doesn't seem like anyone is worshiping theses pictures they were in langer hall it seems, not in darbar shaib. Art can be inspiring and thoughtful and beautiful and thought provoking. Sometimes keeping the peace is not the answer.

Great Result this weekend, I was present throughout.

The gurdwara committee, bully the Punjabi Singhs on a daily basis.

Finally they made a stand for themself and their voice heard - the photo was just one issues over the years where the committee have treated them like crap and 2nd class citizens in the Guru's house.

Lets not forget these veer and bhens of ours doing amazing seva of getting hundreds of kids everyweek into the gurdwara to learn punjabi and sikhi.

Dont know why my posts are being copy pasted, dont think i wrote anything wrong, maybe they been misinterpreted. I am asking questions about the pics, and from what i saw on tv, my views, like everybody else. Does not mean i am on any committee side. I dont even know nothing about the committees. But i guess nobody saw the question marks behind my sentences. And to whoever is waiting for my arguments grow up, i am not here to fight, but to get an understanding of the situation. What do you expect me to say, obviously i will say what i saw, and it should be resolved peacefully, i am not going to encourage arguments, when as a viewer all i saw was people protesting and all we know as viewers is it was over a pic.

its a shame like i said before this is happening in a big gurdwara like that, whether its the committees fault or whatever, it just should not come to that stage where sangat have to intervene. So now seems there was more to it then. Still think it should be resolved peacefully, anything that comes in the media causes alertness and is escalated into something which it may not be without the full information.