Need advice/ spiritual support

Guest gSingh

Guest _gSingh_

It is hard, others i have heard from go thru lots and they get thru it. It will be worth it if you want it to be. About being disliked, its not exactly dislike, its more that they are not familiar with your way of thinking, and that you are changing. They are only used to what they have been used to. The brain finds it hard adjusting to new things, methods, which takes time. For some people takes longer, people do give up and fall down but they also get up again, its just that they dont tell nobody. I think lots of people go thru this when starting to get on the right path. Your friends have not had the experience you have, thus they find it odd. If you give up now, i think you will come back too, if you are showing interest now, thenhis is w hat mann thinks is right.make a list of the pros and cons, the benefits normally outweigh the cons. Ask yourself what you want, do you want to follow your path and you know you will have to adjust a bit, or do you want to get drunk and mess up some girls life as well as your self respect and pride? It is possible to have friends without drinking and other bad habits. Dont stress yourself over it, with time you will realise stress is waste of time too. Try explaining to your friends what you want to do, they should understand without putting you down.and try to get different company that will make lot of difference.

I agree with your post bhaji, your absolutely correct. Friends come and go anyway I guess the real friends who understand me will stay...

I still feel I haven't achieved/experience 1/10 of the power of God. I do simran and japji sahib, I do feel good from doing it, but theres nothing more than that.

Sometimes, regretfully I question many things...and thanks so much for your post, some really nice suggestions, respect for you brother. thanks a lot

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Lol im penji, brother nai. Chalo koina ur not to know.

Yes you are young, there will be lots of obstacles you may face, but dont let that deter u. Keep going.

You are lucky at young age you are getting this chance. Some people dont realise the path until later on in life, thus find it difficult to cope with. One thing you may want to consider is not to expect anything in return when you do simran or paat. As a Sikh, we should not expect miracles or expect to see some sort of powerful thing to happen. It only happens, with the grace of God.

The more you wait for something to happen, the further you push yourself, if you know what i mean. Leave it all to Waheguru, you just do your bit and sing the praises of them. Do it with a relaxed approach not irritated or anxiously, they will be easier.

And definitely go to that smagam if you can, mentioned by the other poster.